• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are Hitboxes Broken, Abilities? Or Am I Just a ****?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshk

Smash Rookie
Hey, just getting into Smash but I just find it somewhat broken and or stupid compared to other games and smash titles when it comes to hitboxes and attacks.
I would like to know how a fist, that is not even close to hitting me, hits me? Like can someone explain? I understand that if it was completely accurate that landing hits would be close to impossible. But, wtf. If I was in that situation, and trust me I have, it would not have landed.
Secondly, how does a foot outrange a sword? I can understand them cancelling attacks but having a kick go through a sword attack (these were both tilt attacks) is dumb. If one was a smash or special I can understand but nope, the kick or punch always beats out the sword (I have tested this with a friend).
Third, can we get rid of specials that are grab moves? They are dumb. I face people who only side B on Inciniroar and do nothing all game. Plus ****ers who only throw projectiles and hide in the edges of the map. Can we get cooldowns? Or even cooldowns for spamming by reducing the damage and or next availability and reward projectiles and or any special moves if it does land?
I feel like balances only affect high-level players and don't consider the lower level players. I find it a little unfair, but also understand the high-level players have the most voice and or image for the game on social media or playtime.
PS. anyone know if I can get refunded. Maybe I'll play Mario Odyssey because it is fun.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Rant threads aren't allowed. You're welcome to discuss this in a more generalized thread on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom