• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Archetype? Glutton for punishment.

Soyaccino

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
Good day everyone!
I love ice climbers but I stink with them.
I get separated all the time from my buddy and I really rely on getting in super close on anyone to stand a chance of landing a hit - then I get blasted.
I find them quite underpowered with the exception of their neutral game when together.

I typically land in the archetype of king Dedede/pac man/ duck hunt / villager. Is it likely to be a fighter style issue/practice or are they in need of some patch work tlc?

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Icies AI is super frustrating to me in this when they get split up. Nana doing pretty much whatever even when I'm supposed to be back in range for her to 'resume following' has gotten me killed more times than I can count. However, the character is, imo, a bit under rated at the moment. Their ability to desync is still quite potent in this game. You can get some really dumb combos and early kills if you can learn to manipulate Nana. You can start desyncs during most actions, including grabs, to get 'kill throws' by having Nana F-Smash an opponent Popo is throwing before the throw finishes, among some other crazy tricks like with their ice wind set ups once properly desynced, etc.

I do feel like they fall apart easier than prior smash games due to the AI change. Nana is, for sure, more self preserving then ever before though often at your own expense. They're not an easy character by any means but I believe these guys can be a true threat. They hit like a freight train and their multi hit boxes can make them very difficult to get around.

Top Bottom