• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arcade Legacy Presents: ARMAGEDDON - March 23rd, 2013 - Cincinnati, OH

Roller

Smash Legend
Haven't been practicing at all for this, and probably won't get a chance. But I'll be here. Might be the last time I get to see some of you guys before I head back to the east coast for good.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Same, I'ma be gone for months or so. ^.

I'm trying to bus from Cincinatti after the tournament so IF anything, would it be possible to get housing/ride to the Megabus stop if I don't have to wait like an hour? Let me know I tryin to dip asap I promise lol

Kel

Smash Master
That's if there are less than 32 people. Chi was expecting 100+ (not likely ATM). I have it like that to discourage splitting and to reward other placements besides first. Regardless, this will get above 32, Ally. Do not worry, you will still make plenty of money (assuming I don't put you in Zinoto's bracket).

Also, stages are not cut off. If I am running a MK legal tournament I will not watch two MKs glide underneath the stage after each other for 8 minutes on Halberd and Delfino. MK has too big of an advantage for decent competition on stages other than flat + plat/ the stages are geared toward timing people out.

Ally, if you figure out a more exact schedule for bussing, I'm sure people will be able to give you a lift. As far as housing, I'm not sure. My apartment has been filled for months now with people from Chicago (plus Zeton and MJG). Most of the players in Cincinnati don't care about Brawl anymore and just drink/ play project M instead, so I'm not sure if anyone else is offering housing. I'd suggest asking Chi, Tako, or Overswarm, but as I mentioned, they don't play anymore so they probably don't want to house, let alone go to this tournament.

AllyKnight

i thought 40 30 20 10 payouts gave a reason for people to split even more the difference isn't that big. I'd be okay splitting 40 30 with someone. id win or lose 5% assuming zinoto doesn't wreck me again.

But umm.. I'm trying to dip. 2:25 AM or 8:45 AM are 2 times I'm trying to aim for. Besides do you know what time this might finish o.O?

Kel

Smash Master
Well, people say Ï'm going" or Ï have a car going" but I still don't have exact numbers or entrants, so I cannot say. I'm pretty strict about getting things done, but I cannot say exactly how long it will take. The 2:25 AM timing is kinda risky though.

On that note, please list which people you are bringing in your cars. I'd llike to have most seeding done before Saturday if possible.

AllyKnight

all I know from Michigan is.

Loe1, WTP, Myself, Zinoto, Roller, Ksev, Stewyan (****ed up his tag I think, ICS main) and maybe his friend Mitch are going. One of us won't be going since it's a 7 spot car, 8 of us.

hmmm I'm sure you can get this done before 1 AM :O

W.C.N

Smash Lord
I'm confused how making the payouts at the top prevents splitting, it would seem to do the opposite to me because the amount their going to get in the end will be similar anyway

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Drinking is the best.

Also, no CS?

Also ur using 'let alone' wrong Kel. It's 'they don't want to go to the tournament, let alone house people.' You put the blasphemy second.

stewyian

Smash Ace
Yes me me9595 ksev loe1 are all confirmed we are taking two cars down I believe Wtp should be driving roller zinoto and axis

SoulPech

Smash Master
Hey Kel,

What is the schedule looking like? can you update that in the OP? I'm housing everyone in Michigan and I don't plan on waking them up because they smell funny and there's like 10 of them and won't ever fall asleep like they should be it gives me a good idea when I need to start waking them up, showers, breakfast, all that fun stuff.

Kel

Smash Master
Registration will begin around 11 and end around noon for teams. Singles registration will end around 3 PM and start when teams is over. Normal tournament timing.

GUYS, PLEASE BRING SET UPS. THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT AND DICTATES HOW FAST THE TOURNAMENT WILL RUN. BRING WIIS IF YOU CANNOT BRING TVS.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
I've seen kel ask a couple times but who's streaming this? Especially with xatic streaming lordys??

Kel

Smash Master
It is the Friday before the event and no one has requested rights to streaming. Jesse at Arcade Legacy mentioned that he knew people that would stream, but wanted to give the smash community a chance first. I will talk to him tonight about setting up the stream and whatnot.

Oh, BTW, Jesse rented out the center of the mall this time because he was expecting 100+ entrants per Chi. Arcade Legacy typically gets pretty busy on Saturday night, so he wanted to try running the tournament in the middle of the mall. Everyone will pay at Arcade Legacy and still have access to all of the games all day long, but the actual tournament will happen in the center of the mall, about 50 paces from Arcade Legacy.

Remember guys, bring set ups so we can git r'done and also play friendlies. There is never such thing as too many set ups.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
I don't think I'm going to enter this, haven't been working on smash and can't take another saturday off work. I might drop by early on and do friendlies if I can :bubblebobble:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Goodluck to Michigan, Carls, Mike, Colten, and P-1. Do work and people should post updates and upsets!

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Again, I'm gonna bring a Wii setup.

It's gonna have a SD Card so I can enable infinite replay time on it.

See you all when my Columbus group gets there!

Top Bottom