• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arcade Legacy Presents: ARMAGEDDON - March 23rd, 2013 - Cincinnati, OH

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Will there be marvel? And if so will it be run on the 360

This could change my attendance

C.J.

Smash Master
Monopoly is awful. Just downright terrible.

As for cross and circle games, I've never personally been a fan of them. They're boring/too easy imo. The clear move is always obvious, there is typically only one way to win (Sorry has 2 I guess- going forwards and around or backwards with 4s and the such). Settler's is more difficult as it has more player interaction and there are multple ways to get to the 10 VPs needed.

If you want to talk top tier board games, Risk. I don't feel like spending 9 hours on a single game though...

Ascension is pretty gdlk too.

Also, what's Oregon Trail?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Monopoly is awful. Just downright terrible.

As for cross and circle games, I've never personally been a fan of them. They're boring/too easy imo. The clear move is always obvious, there is typically only one way to win (Sorry has 2 I guess- going forwards and around or backwards with 4s and the such). Settler's is more difficult as it has more player interaction and there are multple ways to get to the 10 VPs needed.

If you want to talk top tier board games, Risk. I don't feel like spending 9 hours on a single game though...

Ascension is pretty gdlk too.

Also, what's Oregon Trail?
I enjoy Risk, but it's pretty low-tier too. I put monopoly and the like up there as examples of low-tier games being funny.

Tryyyyyy

Agricola
Smallworld
7 Wonders
Dominion

as good examples of top tier board games :D

C.J.

Smash Master
Haven't heard of any of those. Short summary as to what they like?

And Hunger, my childhood consisted of school, homework, and once i finished homework, my mom giving me more/book reports to do ._.

:phone:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Haven't heard of any of those. Short summary as to what they like?

And Hunger, my childhood consisted of school, homework, and once i finished homework, my mom giving me more/book reports to do ._.

:phone:
Agricola

Resource game. There are limited resources on the board that replenish each round, so eventually "bad" resources become "good" because if it adds 1 sheep every round eventually there's like 5 sheep and suddenly it's good. You and other players compete for these resources to win. There is very little randomness and it is as close to a perfect board game as you can get.

Smallworld

Risk like war game for adults. No dice rolling; it's 1 to 1 conversion. Bigger armies win. Multiple races you can use that have different abilities and none of them can win on their own, so if you get double teamed you start losing. But everyone generally gets double teamed.

7 Wonders

Card-based game where you share hands. You play a card, pass the hand, play a card, pass the hand, etc., so you all use the same cards. Your goal is to get the most points possible and reduce the amount of points your opponents can get.

Dominion

Card based strategy game, your goal is to have the most points when the game ends. The game ends when 3 piles of cards run out of when all of the provinces, the highest scoring card, run out.

isotropic.dominion.org is a place you can play it online for free.

Asa

Smash Hero
i'll bring my custom-made scrabble board with ivory letters to this. scrabble mm

10$
30min timer
MK banned (cuz it's not a word)

Kel

Smash Master
Board games, definitely down.

Chi are you not running two brackets now? You seemed pretty adamant about running both in previous posts.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I was gonna say he should edit the tourney info on the front page but I figured he would do that anyway once all the details are hammered out. Couldn't hurt to remove all the stuff about the dual bracket thing, though.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Ascension is terrible, the metagame is race to the mecha constructs.

In terms of deck building games Dominion is way better, based on playing both games.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
BUT ASCENTION IS MADE AND TESTED BY REAL MAGIC PLAYERS

I agree with you though. I think I like 7 Wonders more than Dominion but 7 Wonders is more of a drafting game so I dunno how comparable they are

Top Bottom