• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arcade Legacy Presents: ARMAGEDDON - March 23rd, 2013 - Cincinnati, OH

clowsui

Smash Legend
MK banned in dubs. Tell me when there isn't one MK on every team at an MK legal tourney and then I'll consider legalizing him in that format

And yeah $15 to enter MK legal. first place gets 60% + (50 to 100$ pot bonus for first), so 32*15*0.6=288+(50 to 100) = 338 - 388 for first place in MK legal singles. Two separate brackets.

Also: just to be 100% clear guys, YES there are other methods of making the 32 man MK invitational, and YES we will be announcing them very very soon.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
this is xzax.

having mk banned at all, especially at a big tournament like this HINDERS your region, since at tournaments like APEX and Genesis, they cannot practice correctly for it. banning MK is stupid, only someone with a scrub mentallity bans meta knight. and mk is the best character but he is not bannable. if you ban him you should ban ice climbers since they are just as broken, if not more( they encourage timing out and it only takes one mistake against them and results in death). if mk is banned, me and zero are no longer coming, it just isnt worth traveling out to Ohio.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
ahaha good joke composer. dont listen to me, continue to hinder your region and be free and only have TWO PLAYERS who are good(Zinoto/Shugo). I bet they don't care if mk is banned or legal, because they are good players and don't blame meta knight for their losses, but rather then the skill of their opponent.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
ahaha good joke composer. dont listen to me, continue to hinder your region and be free and only have TWO PLAYERS who are good(Zinoto/Shugo). I bet they don't care if mk is banned or legal, because they are good players and don't blame meta knight for their losses, but rather then the skill of their opponent.
money match me?

clowsui

Smash Legend
So what you're saying is that MK legal is the only way to go because that's what everybody else is doing?

Well you sure convinced me

I haven't hindered anybody. The way that MW performs at nationals has nothing to do with MK. It has everything to do with something you mentioned - lack of drive - and also the fact that our population density is ****ing awful.

Additionally, MK ban tournaments are important for developing proficiencies in non-MK matchups. Not every MU in an MK legal event is MK vs xx. Where do you think they'll get this experience? They're far more likely to get it in this format.

If you want to convince me, show me a large OoS population that would attend this tournament if it were 100% MK legal. I am far more interested in getting 20-30 more attendees than some silly little argument about hindering or stopping my region from succeeding when the problem of our performance has nothing to do with anything you'd like it to.

Now either you come to this tournament or you get out of my thread and stop talking about the MK ban until you show me the attendees that I want. I'm perfectly within my rights to hold an MK banned event and I'll repeat the successes I've had so far.

By the way, did you know that I'm hosting an MK legal bracket for the viewers at home?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I'm tired of getting us getting called bad so much.

I think it's time for the Midwest to unite.

Midwest vs. the World Crew battle, $10 a head?

Denti

Smash Master
I'm probably coming to this.

Edit: So I have to fly with a certain airline to get this super good deal, and that airline doesn't stop in Ohio (wtf, i know right??). What is the closest region with a big airport that I could too and ride in a carpool from?

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I've personally been wanting to play mk again. I kinda wish you would make it mk legal personally.
But I guess thats just me being biased.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I'd only want MK to be banned for more character variety, even if that means seeing more Diddys, Olimars, & ICs. At least I could get some MU exp. off of those characters instead of MK & I'm sure others would like that, too.

But at the same time, I want to learn how to fight MK better, too, and everyone should. So if he gets banned then that won't help much towards being able to beat him more consistently since I wouldn't have the experience towards that.

In general I just personally just want to improve on my skills against anyone.

Denti

Smash Master
Why does it matter if he is banned if there is an MK banned tournament and a MK legal tournament. They even made the MK legal one 15$ to raise the pot prize so top MK mains can still come and aim to make good cash without relying on doubles too.

Unless I'm missing some detail of course.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
having MK banned is just stupid and unneeded. what do you gain from it? nothing at all, you gain bad players not johning about loosing to mk. congrats! i really dont care if hes legal or not, but if you cant give me a good reason why hes banned, then theres no reason to ban him.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
I'm currently trying to convince NJ/NY players to come to this event, but if it's MK banned, they won't be interested in coming.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I haven't hindered anybody. The way that MW performs at nationals has nothing to do with MK. It has everything to do with something you mentioned - lack of drive - and also the fact that our population density is ****ing awful.
I'd argue the population density argument over lack of drive, there are a lot of players (myself not included) who play wifi all the time and want to get better and play a lot and blah blah blah blah.

Distance. That's the hardest part.

I'd also say that for a while, back when banning MK was cool, it was a good idea because it was new and got people back into brawl and all the people who hate brawl because of MK could enjoy the game, people could play different characters, and realize that brawl is really gay and can be played that cheap with most of the characters. We have moved past the need for an MK ban since it's clear that ZSS MK is 75-25 ZSS.

I'm tired of getting us getting called bad so much.

I think it's time for the Midwest to unite.

Midwest vs. the World Crew battle, $10 a head?
Put me in as alternate #11

I want this to be MK legal completely so I can attend.

I'm currently trying to convince NJ/NY players to come to this event, but if it's MK banned, they won't be interested in coming.
Bring Ish and M2K.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I like MK being banned because I was out of the game during the brief period where he was "officially" axed and didn't get the chance to maybe actually win something for once... Too bad I'm what, two years out of practice so I couldn't win **** right now anyway. :cool:

Otherwise I would say he's borderline not quite worth banning. He's kinda a little too good overall probably, however he is certainly not brokenly unbeatable and if you want him banned then I think you should just man up. When you turn the game into a legitimate competition your preference no longer matters, it's about balance. MK is only good enough to be the de facto best character in the game, he's not so imbalanced that the entire game revolves around him. That said, I ultimately don't care either way. The status of MK's legality in no way affects my possible attendance and overall enjoyment of any given tournament.

The whole invite-only MK legal bracket is dumb though, however it's not my tournament and I don't care enough to argue. As if anybody ever listened to me anyway. Just as the average person who isn't afraid to face Meta Knight, I feel kinda slighted that I would not be allowed to give it a go against MK players. I'd enter both brackets because hey, I just wanna play the game you know?

clowsui

Smash Legend
having MK banned is just stupid and unneeded. what do you gain from it? nothing at all, you gain bad players not johning about loosing to mk. congrats! i really dont care if hes legal or not, but if you cant give me a good reason why hes banned, then theres no reason to ban him.
Cut the passive aggressive bull****. You called us scrubs a few posts ago and you also said that we gain players that john about losing to MK.

Ish said he'd come either way @Rob. Also I'm one of those wifi people and I can tell you right now that there are not enough people who are driven in this region. You could even look at Michigan who has a lot of these wifi fiends - Tech Chase offered to host an Apex smashfest not once not twice but THREE TIMES and every single time he was refused despite the fact that he's a solid informational resource and has a place for Smashers to gather.

Mr.E there's an invitational because I want to try it out + I want to see non-MK mains bring out their secondaries at the MK legal event while still giving them a way to make money (granted, you need to make top 3, but still LOL), and because as far as I'm concerned not everyone likes watching or playing the MK MU.

Denti has the right idea.

Kel

Smash Master
Didn't I destroy you?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Must be embarrassing to lose to someone from the midwest. Us being hindered and all.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Since 2010 I haven't lost to anyone in the Midwest but zinoto, who has my respect and I respect him. Kel if you would like to money match for any amount please feel free
And we can sit here and argue if I'm good or not but I have proved myself. And for anyone who thinks they can beat me can money match me here so I can prove myself to them personally.
:phone:

Top Bottom