• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APV! M2K/Ally/ADHD/Atomsk/Coney/EE/ChuDat/Vinnie/Snakeee/Logic/TakeO 1 Day Away!

What character is going to win Mid Tiers?

• Toon Link

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Kirby

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • Fox

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Wolf

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Another Character

Votes: 18 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero

Tantalus and co. Presents...

Adventures of the Prima Vista!

Hosts:

Tantalus
EE
Coney
Lobos
Waffle
Inui
K9

364 Winged Foot Drive
Westminster, MD 21158

This is my Dad's house. He will be busy this weekend and stuff. The only not so regular rule we have to follow here is you can't smoke on the property. (Meaning, just go to the street if you need to smoke.)

This house is about as big as K9s or bigger. You all can come on friday and spend the night, but you have to let me know ahead of time so I can plan accordingly. Otherwise I'll sleep in my bed at home. The house has 3 floors, there are some open bedrooms upstairs that people can sleep in. There is literally nothing up there except the floor, so if you plan to sleep bring pillows/blankets/sleeping bags! I don't have any, don't ask me for some. I will provide small 1 room heaters for the two upstairs rooms and a couple tables to set glasses on and the like, but they are otherwise empty. You also will need to be quiet if sleeping upstairs, as my dad sleeps up there too.

Schedule:

Friday, December 10th:

7:00pm Doors Open
8:00pm Project:M tournament (this will be livestreamed)
9:00pm Brawl Mid Tier Singles (this will run simultaneously as only 1 or 2 setups will be able to run P:M, and when P:M is done, this will be on livestream)
11:00pm Brawl Doubles Draft Crews

Saturday, December 11th: (Livestreamed with the best commentators for the big matches)

12:00pm Brawl Doubles
4:00pm or as soon as Doubles is over, Brawl Singles (with Pools)
After the tournament: Buffalo wild wings

Prices:

$3 Venue Fee

(Waived if you bring a full setup which is TV + Wii + Brawl) Also, kids under age 13 don't have to pay venue fee. If this happens. lol.

$10 Teams entry (per person, 20 per team)
$10 Singles entry
FREE Project:M
$5 Mid Tier Singles
$3 Doubles Crews

I'm trying to help everyone out by keeping the venue fee at an all time low. This should make up for the distance most of you have to travel to get here. Plus if you bring a full setup, your venue fee is waived!

I have plenty of chairs and tables and stuff. If we finish on-time, we can all go to buffalo wild wings afterwards. Speaking of food, here is what we have in the area:

Within 5 minutes of the venue: Burger King, Subway, Pizza Place, Chinese Place
Within 10 minutes of the venue: Taco Bell, More subways, KFC, Wendy's, McDonalds, Arby's, Chick-Fil-A, Roy Rogers, Salsaritas, BWW. You'll see most of these on your way into town.

Payouts:

Doubles/Minus/Mid Tier Singles
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

Brawl Singles
1st 50%
2nd 25%

3rd 12%
4th 6%
5th 4%
6th 3%

5th and 6th will be played for.

Pools will be used to get to the final bracket. Bracket will be either 12, 16, 24, or 32 depending on the number of total entrants. Only one round of singles pools will be played.

Rules:

We'll be using the *Pound* 5 ruleset. See below:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287983

With the following special exception to the rule:

Wii Hack Rules: Wii hacks are allowed, provided they abide by these rules:

1. Tripping must still be on
2. Stage Textures are off
3. unapproved character textures are off. Approved ones are: Red/Green Sonic, Red/Green Pokemon Trainer pokemon, Red/Green Lucario, Blue Dedede.
4. Music hacks must have songs that aren't a hinderance to the game sounds, but they are allowed. [/b]

Other very Important rules--

- Respect the venue and try to keep it clean
- No alcohol or any illegal drugs. I have no problem kicking you out.
- if you damage any property, you're paying.
- Smokers: Please smoke off the lawn (meaning the street.) My dad will get mad.
- No going outside to hangout after midnight. We had complaints last time.
- Be nice

Mid Tier Characters:

We're going to use the following tiers:

C-G, See the following tier list for the tiers:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287382

I am looking to see at least 50 of you here at this. Hopefully more. I know some of our mid/south VA friends probably won't make the drive but just remember how many times i've done it for you! This event will truly be worth it. We have TONS of space, and plenty of food nearby. This will be a great time.

Doubles Draft Crews

Doubles crews is pretty simple. It's sort of like regular crews...

Each Team will get an even amount of stocks. Number of teams will depend on number of entrants and number of captains, so stocks will be distributed evenly based on that.

From there, teams are drafted. Once the teams are drafted, we will begin. It's normal crew rules (no timer) and normal crew stage cp rules (random, if they choose a stage the other team can change characters. Legal CP stages are the starter stages for *Pound* 5.)

Important: Once the first person loses all their stocks, the game is over. The team who lost a player will send another player in, and everyone else will SD to get back to the number of stocks they should have. This repeats until the final players are remaining. Once the final 2 players are in place, share stock will be allowed. You cannot share stock until you don't have anyone else to switch out to.

We've done this before and it was mad fun! Hype!

AllisBrawl

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10896

Make sure to click on the "I am attending this tournament" link!

Interest List: (70)

Tantalus (MD)
EE (MD)
Waffle (PA)
SOVAman (VA)
TKO (MD)
Coney (MD)
Lobos (MD)
Luckay4lyphe (MD)
daisho (MD)
Takeover (MD)
Seagull (MD)
Kenny (VA)
2fast (VA)
Snack Attack (MD)
God-Is-My-Rock (MD)
OMG_H4X (SOVA)
Korn (VA)
BMX (VA)
Damon180 (PA)
Keitaro (NJ)
Falcn (MD)
Inui (NJ)
JuanDixon (MD)
Bloodynite (MD)
LuigiKing (ID)
Da1andonlysonic (VA)
Famous (SOVA)
SlashTalon (SOVA)
Fumbles (SOVA)
Darkflame (??)
LInkomac (??)
Mew2King (Who knows where he is)
Boss (VA)
P5 (MD)
Rise (MD)
Omni (MD)
Kingtoon (PA)
Kaffei (VA)
Korn (VA)
Lie (MD)
Aposl (MD)
Deez (MD)
Chibo Sempai (PA)
Phillyrider (PA)
BengalsRZ (VA)
D0N (SOVA)
Famous (SOVA)
Nakat (NJ)
Junebug (VA)
Daisho (MD)
D1 (NY)
JCaesar (MD)
Logic (MD)
Pink Fresh (MD)
NO-IDea (MD)
Oath (VA)
Pitzer (SOVA)
KoreanStriker93 (VA)
ESOJ (VA)
Doom (NJ)
Pwii (NY)
Ally (Canada)
SSR (MD)
Doom (NJ)
Oh. (VA)
Zucco (NJ)
Karcist (VA)
Vinnie (NY)
Nairo (NJ)
SSR (MD)
Atomsk (NJ)
Snakeee (NY)
Izumi (NJ)

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Bonus winnings

Oh and by the way, the winner of this singles event will get a free entry to *Pound* 5 singles and doubles courtesy my wallet.

Hype?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
if nothing is going on in my area, I will go

Oh and by the way, the winner of this singles event will get a free entry to *Pound* 5 singles and doubles courtesy my wallet.

Hype?
lol why spend money on people that won a bunch of money and will just win more money... >_>;

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
What? We're MD/FreeA right? So whoever wins is probably not going to make money right? So it's really a good investment for someone :)

2fast

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to come. I need some serious training for Pound.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Gotta check my finals schedule first, but if it plays out okay ill 100% be here. NJ/PA come with me in the Keitaro Van :D

Well let me check my finals schedule first :p

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Wolf is low tier. Luigi is not. Change it so I can win singles (after I beat Pink fresh probably in grand finals) please <3.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Gonna be going.
Seems hyped so I expect this to hit regional statues.
Btw for the people that don't know, this house is FULL of space.
Easily fit 100+ plus.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Much like Inui, I'm not going to change my list. I believe what I stated to be fair. Sonic just barely squeezes in.

Edit: I changed the name to something Tantalus related. I'm not good with names but I like this one better.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I see the rest of E tier as equal characters. If Ness goes, so does Ike/Sonic/Sheik/PT, which would really be boring and not any fun. That's the rules, I'm not going to change them. The low tier isnt meant to be taken that seriously, it's a fun event for friday night.

Edit: One thing I may not be opposed to though is Shifting to Mid Tiers which would allow up to C tier.

daisho

Smash Lord
Do mid tiers! Too much controversy over low tiers at this point... (also I main DK and it'd be fun for me to not have to play against tops lol)

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'll be making a special announcement next week for this event. There will be ANOTHER WAY to win a pass to pound! This is singles and doubles, paid for at my expense. You won't want to miss your chance, so make sure to check in!

Also, this mid tier support is pretty cool. I don't think we've ever had a mid tier tournament in Maryland or Viriginia, so I'd be happy to do the first. If I continue to see support I may change it. I play a boat load of C tier characters so I'd be ok with that.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
There won't be melee. Sorry Jason! I just don't have the time or resources to do melee. Maybe next time. We have plenty of other side events that should suffice.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
pretty interested in this, imma see if i can get sova up there!

Coney

Smash Master
i'm more hyped for this than any tournament in recent memory, for some reason

mid tiers would be fine i guess, though i don't have a mid tier :<

Damon180

Smash Ace
I'm gona try my hardest to make it here. December is a bit busy, but I think I owe you guys a visit since you've been to my place so many times. HYPE!!!

I'll bring melee, don't have starcraft 2 ;)

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Melee friendlies are encouraged and will have plenty of space to do so. They can have their own area upstairs if they like. I'd really like this event to focus on Brawl though.

Thanks for the support everyone! Remember, free housing, and a $3 venue that is waived if you bring a setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom