• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [April 4th, 2015] SAM 3 (San Antonio Monthly for Smash WiiU)

Nike.

Smash Hero
SAM 3
San Antonio Monthly for Smash WiiU

April 4th, 2015. Doors open at 10:00am.

Address: 5525 Blanco Rd Suite 108 & 109 San Antonio, Texas

My number is 210 324 4295. Call/txt for any questions or concerns.

10:00am | Doors Open and sign ups begin
12:30pm | Smash WiiU Doubles
2:30pm | Smash WiiU Singles
10:00pm | Clean-Up
12:00am | Doors Close

Entry Fees:
Venue Fee: $5 (waived if you bring a full setup meaning TV/WiiU/Disc/Adapter)
Smash WiiU Singles: $10
Smash WiiU Doubles: $10 ($20 per team)

Payouts:
1st: 40%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 5% (x2)
7th: 2.5 (x2)

3 Stocks
7 Minute Time Limit
Items set to “Off” and “None”
Equipment is banned
Custom moves are banned
Miis must have a “1111” moveset and a “medium” weight
Pause set to “Off”

The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a 3 stock 7 minute rematch will be played on the same stage.
Modified Rules for Doubles
Team Attack set to “On”
Life stealing is allowed.
Set Procedure
Player Priority is determined if it cannot be agreed on. (See below for details)
Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player. Skip this step for the 3ds version.
Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method (see “Determining Player Priority” below) where each player takes turns striking one stage until one is left.
The first match is played.
The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first). Skip this step for the 3ds version.
The Team (player) that won the previous match may announce one “Stage Ban” if they have not already done so in this set.
The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a “Stage Ban” by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The next match is played.
Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.
Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike, use the following method:
Teams will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judgment, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or first choice in stage striking. Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with first choice in stage striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Stages
Neutral/Starter :
Battlefield
Final Destination (any version)
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

Counter Pick:
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
SkyLoft
Kongo Jungle 64
Duck Hunt

Conduct Rules
BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
2. In the event pause is left on accidentally and is pressed, immediately call over the TO. Based upon their judgment, the situation will be resolved. If your situation is neutral [players are not in combat], the match will be resumed as if the pause had not occurred.
3. During gameplay, any coaching parties must remain a finite distance determined by the TO away from the players in order to give players equal access to all coached information. Ear-side coaching is prohibited during games, but acceptable between games. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO’s discretion, which could include the coach’s removal from the venue or a call to replay the game that the coaching interfered with.
4. Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen. If any synced controller disrupts gameplay for any match, a DQ may be ussued.
5. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
5A. WiiU tablet is banned.
5B. A charger cable for a 3DS will not be provided by the TO. It is your responsibility to bring one.
6. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
7. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
10. Regarding textures and other game hacks:
*Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
*It is recommended that players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.
*Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with game altering hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO’s discretion.
11. Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player’s ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organizer sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.
Resolving Pool Ties
In the event two or more players are tied at the conclusion of a round of pools at a Unity Ruleset tournament, the following process will be done:
Players will be compared with each other on various criteria in this ordered precedence:
1. Set Wins
2. Head to Head
3. Wins
4. Losses
5. One Game Rematch
If players are still tied on a step, you move down to the next one. For instance, if Player A and B both go 3-2 in sets in a round of pools, you will then proceed to the Head to Head step (who won the set between those players). Whoever won vs the other will proceed at the top of the tie.
If Head to Head (the result of the set between the players in question) can not decide a tie, then you would move down to the Wins step. This may occur in a three way tie where all three players defeated each other (however note that if one person in a three way tie defeats both other players, then the Head to Head comparison will be used).
If the tie breaker reaches all the way to the One Game Rematch step, this game will play out similar to the first game of any set (though doing best of one), where users will stage strike for the stage, and may double blind characters.
If at any point a tie of three or more players is partially resolved, still leaving two or more players tied, the tie between the remaining players will be decided by starting the tie breaker process over for them. For instance, if in a three way tie in the Wins step, one player has six wins while the others have 5, the player with 6 wins will be the top of the 3. The remaining two players will start back at Sets Wins to determine who is higher between the two instead of proceeding onto the Losses step right away.
•These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date and/or on the day of the event. The Tournament Organizer reserves the right to remove you from the venue at his discretion for any reason.
•The Tournament Organizer and his assistants, and any persons helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event. Nor will the Tournament Organizer, the venue, its owners, affiliates, employees, members, sponsors, or volunteers be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the posted date you are displaying your agreement with this policy.
$5 Venue fee will be waived to anyone who brings a full setup (TV, WiiU, and disc with all characters and stages unlocked).
Alternatvely, there will be 8 tv's available at the tourney. The first people to "claim" a tv with their setup (meaning anyone who brings only a wiiu/disc/adapter) will have their venue fee waived. This will be a first come, first serve thing. I must emphasize that we are aiming for a least a dozen setups, so PLEASE bring a full setup (tv included) if you can.

My number is 210 324 4295. Call/txt any questions or concerns.

For any local players in San Antonio, we're having weekly's every thursday night at Otaku Cafe with singles bracket happening. For more info check here: http://smashboards.com/threads/san-antonio-smash-4-thread.371315/#post-17713877

Last edited:

Nike.

Smash Hero
XYRO!!!!!

I, the REAL best TO in Texas, challenge you to a $10 money match! Marth vs Samus, 3/5. As a side bet, I challenge you with this: If I win, you must attend our League of Shadows Finals on Sunday April 26th (the day after TGC2) and have a good time and ****. If you win, You may PERMANENTLY rename the SAM monthlies to any name of your choosing (mod friendly please).

After you lose to me, I will officially lay claim the best TO in Texas.

THEN you have my permission to die.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
We best bring twice the intensity to make up for bypassing March's monthly.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
I'll be attending this time to make up for my bad performance last time :4link:. I may bring a carpool with me depending on interest.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Sweet, I'll see if I can make it. I finally got a car :smirk: Gotta get as much experience as possible to improve.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
@ Locuan Locuan MM me Marthcina vs Link there since my wi-fi doesn't work anymore. Or just for the Arena points if that's still going on.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nike, can you temp rename the tourney to Hobo 12 if you win?

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
i wanna go so bad guys pls help me convince my mom to let me go

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
she just doesn't trust anyone lol but I meant the post as a joke so yeah

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
XYRO!!!!!

I, the REAL best TO in Texas, challenge you to a $10 money match! Marth vs Samus, 3/5. As a side bet, I challenge you with this: If I win, you must attend our League of Shadows Finals on Sunday April 26th (the day after TGC2) and have a good time and ****. If you win, You may PERMANENTLY rename the SAM monthlies to any name of your choosing (mod friendly please).

After you lose to me, I will officially lay claim the best TO in Texas.

THEN you have my permission to die.

!!!!!!!!!!!!Please listen to this (skip the ad before you start reading below) to improve your reading experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Wakes up at 7am refreshed, in a great mood and ready to have a productive day*

*Gets on SWF and name searches for "Xyro"*
*Sees many results*
*Is pleased*

*Excitedly clicks tournament thread (SAM 3) where name was mentioned by Nike*

*Reads post but focuses on sentence where Nike calls himself "real best TO in Texas"*

*Sees a challenge in the post about Marth vs Samus for 10$ but wonders if Nike knows how bad Sm4sh Marth is*

*Realizes that punishment for Xyro LOSING the MM is to have FUN at a SA event in the very near future*
*Doesnt know how to respond*

*Stops reading thread and runs off into another room to drop "children" off at the "pool"*

*Returns without wiping but continues to read anyway*
*Realizes that if Xyro wins the MM, he gets to permanently rename SAM to something else*

*That moment where extremely good names come to mind*
WAWL (Why Are We Losers)
SASS (San Antonio Sucks Sh*t)
SAT (San Antonio Trash)
TWIT (The Worst In Texas)
N.I.G. (Nike. Is. Garbage.)
WINGS (Why Is Nike Gay Sometimes)
NUX (Never Underestimate Xyro)
XIG (Xyro Is God)
WAIT (Why Am I Trash)
PLZ DIE (self explanatory)

GIT GUD (self explanatory)

*Gets to end of paragraph and sees ".....officially lay claim to best TO in TX" sentence from Nike*
*Realizes that much is on the line if Xyro accepts terms*
*All the sudden doesnt feel so good*

*Accepts terms anyway*

*Begins training by reading ancient war strategy documents*

*Trains with projectiles*

*Does intense cardio*

*Perfects evasion techniques*

*Studies Nike Marth vids all day*

*Gets a good night's rest*

*Fast forwards to tournament day*
*Walks into venue and sees Nike*

*EASILY destroys Nike*

*Collects $10 and walks out door*

@ Nike. Nike.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Nike don't be slouchin' dis **** out. He ain't belayin' his trainin'. On the big screen, eatin' whip cream, there are no terms of surrender.

Suspect

Smash Hero
That was a really good post by xyro. Hope he wins so the name can be changed to n.i.g

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh San Antonio...you guys are silly.

Nike.

Smash Hero
!!!!!!!!!!!!Please listen to this (skip the ad before you start reading below) to improve your reading experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Wakes up at 7am refreshed, in a great mood and ready to have a productive day*

*Gets on SWF and name searches for "Xyro"*
*Sees many results*
*Is pleased*

*Excitedly clicks tournament thread (SAM 3) where name was mentioned by Nike*

*Reads post but focuses on sentence where Nike calls himself "real best TO in Texas"*

*Sees a challenge in the post about Marth vs Samus for 10$ but wonders if Nike knows how bad Sm4sh Marth is*

*Realizes that punishment for Xyro LOSING the MM is to have FUN at a SA event in the very near future*
*Doesnt know how to respond*

*Stops reading thread and runs off into another room to drop "children" off at the "pool"*

*Returns without wiping but continues to read anyway*
*Realizes that if Xyro wins the MM, he gets to permanently rename SAM to something else*

*That moment where extremely good names come to mind*
WAWL (Why Are We Losers)
SASS (San Antonio Sucks Sh*t)
SAT (San Antonio Trash)
TWIT (The Worst In Texas)
N.I.G. (Nike. Is. Garbage.)
WINGS (Why Is Nike Gay Sometimes)
NUX (Never Underestimate Xyro)
XIG (Xyro Is God)
WAIT (Why Am I Trash)
PLZ DIE (self explanatory)

GIT GUD (self explanatory)

*Gets to end of paragraph and sees ".....officially lay claim to best TO in TX" sentence from Nike*
*Realizes that much is on the line if Xyro accepts terms*
*All the sudden doesnt feel so good*

*Accepts terms anyway*

*Begins training by reading ancient war strategy documents*

*Trains with projectiles*

*Does intense cardio*

*Perfects evasion techniques*

*Studies Nike Marth vids all day*

*Gets a good night's rest*

*Fast forwards to tournament day*
*Walks into venue and sees Nike*

*EASILY destroys Nike*

*Collects $10 and walks out door*

@ Nike. Nike.

Nike.

Smash Hero
SAM3 is tmrw!!!

Doors open at 10:00am.
Address: 5525 Blanco Rd Suite 108 & 109 San Antonio, Texas

Schedule:
10:00am | Doors Open and sign ups begin
12:00pm | Nike vs Xyro MM
12:30pm | Smash WiiU Doubles
2:30pm | Smash WiiU Singles (may start a little later, depends on doubles)
10:00pm | Clean-Up 12:00am | Doors Close

My number is 210 324 4295. Call/txt for any questions or concerns.

Denti

Smash Master
Ok so this can't be complete without drama. I challenge anyone to a Diddy banned Money match! Customs on or off idc! IF YOU THINK IM DIDDy FRAUD MM ME OR SPONSOR SOMEONE TO FIGHT THe El dIABLo (aka me the pants wearer).

Edit: if you call me a Diddy fraud but don't believe it enough to back it up (yourself or someone else) I get permission to call you fraud. Aka delicious delivery from yours truly

Last edited:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Stream might not happen, Santi's not making it, and my laptop is too outdated to handle stream and recording at the same time.

Top Bottom