• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APRIL 25, SOVA'S MELEE REVIVAL!!!...Part 2. Results thread up...

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
RESULTS [sorta...but a place for the shout outs]

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7254480#post7254480

toasty toooast Presents: A SoVa MELEE REVIVAL!!! April 25th @ ODU

HOUSING!!!
First and foremost: For ALL housing options, please bring your own ****:
-Pillows
-Blankets
-Sleeping Bags
-Toiletries
-Towels

Understand that you will almost certainly be sleeping on the floor.

For all options that I list, I highly suggest sending me a PM so I can tell you how to get in contact with that person. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE....it just won't be appreciated or guaranteed XD

I'm working on finding more housing options. As I find them, I will put the information necessary in this spot so if you don't have housing and need it/prefer it, please post up and post how many people will need housing and FOR WHICH NIGHTS...all of those details are very important [as is your arrival time!]. For now, though, just PM/call anyone that I list about housing needs or, in some cases, being picked up from a train/bus station.

Please respect the wishes of those who are offering housing as priority for housing depends on several things [how far you're traveling, how well you know the person offering housing, what kind of reputation you have, or just being able to have someone to vouch for you...or we could just take you at your word XD...don't be afraid to ask :)]

I can house people...probably up to 4 if really necessary but I'd prefer no more than 2 unless they're people I know pretty well.
^^^He goes to CNU and lives in the same hall as SpeedYoshi and Kukulza [Juan]...between the three of them, they can probably [not guaranteed] house 6 people. So if you have a group of about 6 people, and you're not annoying as hell, then please contact Poehlcat/Speedyoshi and give them your information. Obviously if there is a group of people that has higher priority than you, please understand that [see above comments about "priority"]

O-NO and BlackG can EACH house like 5-6 [or more] people!

I CAN HOUSE A BUNCH OF PEOPLE...like 10 or maybe more :)

This is my SECOND Melee Revival event. The first one went realllly well, despite short notice and people bailing, we still had 41 entrants and ran it in a very short time:

Tourney Thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=216068

Results Thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=219103

THE TOURNAMENT WILL BE BROADCAST LIVE ALONG WITH CREW BATTLES!!!!!!
www.justin.tv/toastytoooast

Changed my mind. We'll use that setup to record matches. At least ONE of the setups will have commentary going, though :) They'll all be going up on my youtube page.

Please Subscribe: www.youtube.com/curiousenver

4603 Elkhorn Avenue, Norfolk
[you'll see a group of massive dorm buildings next to Elkhorn between 43rd and 49th St. The building in the back left is Virginia House]
You have to have someone open the doors from the inside and the windows for the common room [where these tournaments will be] are to the right of the dorm entrance, so just knock on the windows or call me so we can open the doors for you.

Parking:
The garage on the corner of 43rd and Elkhorn. Park on the 2nd floor. If you're bringing setups, pull up next to where the dorms are on Elkhorn, give us a call, and we'll come get the setups, and then you can park. that way you won't have to lug a TV + other crap from the garage :)

When:
April 25th: 10AM-10PM***subject to change!!! <---as is the rest of the schedule!
BE. ON. TIME.

Doors open at 10AM.
Registration for teams ENDS at 11AM
Brackets will begin ASAP.

Estimated time for end of teams: 3:00PM

BREAK - 1 Hour. If you are leaving and you KNOW you are playing singles, PLEASE register before you leave!!!

IF YOU DO NOT TAKE THIS TIME TO GO EAT OR WHATEVER YOU NEED TO DO, YOUR MATCHES WILL NOT BE DELAYED IF YOU ARE NOT BACK IN TIME WHEN YOU DO DECIDE TO GET FOOD. TARDINESS FOR A MATCH RESULTS IN THE LOSS OF A MATCH/SET/OR IF THE SITUATION CALLS FOR IT, COMPLETE DISQUALIFICATION

...I recommend that you get/order food or whatever once you are out of the teams tournament.

REGISTRATION FOR SINGLES ENDS AT 4:30 PM

Brackets ---MAYBE POOLS???---...will begin ASAP.

NO $MMs UNTIL THE TOURNAMENT IS OVER (or during the break). I WILL TURN OFF THE SYSTEM IF YOU START ONE.

FEES:
Venue Fee:
$5 per person. Spectators pay $1 if they're not playing AT ALL and not eating/drinking anything.
::Venue Fees are going toward purchase of pizza [a LOOOOT, don't worry] and drinks [soda/juice...I'm not paying for water, find a water fountain a plastic cup XD] AND toward the purchase of TVs to enhance the experience and efficiency of this tournament.

Tournament Fees:
$5 per person, per event.

PRIZE PAYOUTS
Depends heavily on turnout.
60/30/10 with 4th(singles only) getting their money back unless teams turnout is big enough.

BRING MELEE SETUPS, PLEASE. TVS. WIIS. GAMECUBES. MELEE. MEMORY CARDS.

So far:

TVs - 16!!! (and a few more, not confirmed yet)

2 - toasty [I have an extra that can be used for friendlies but it's glitchy and thus can't be used for tourney]
3(!!!!!!!!!!) - Tristan
2 - Rhan
2 - Malco
2 - Cstick
1 - The |Egg| Sniper
1 - EarthP0w3R
1 - Riku
1 - OMG H4X
1 - Ether

Cubes/Wiis - 17

3 - toasty (thanks Kits =D)
3 - Tristan
2 - Rhan
1 - Malco
1 - Cstick
1 - OMG H4X
1 - Jwolf
1 - Israfel
1 - The |Egg| Sniper
1 - EarthP0w3R
1 - Poehlcat
1 - Riku

Melee discs - 16

2 - toasty
3 - Tristan
1 - Rhan
1 - Malco
1 - Cstick
1 - OMG H4X
1 - Jwolf
1 - Israfel
1 - The |Egg| Sniper
1 - BlackG
1 - EarthP0w3R
1 - Poehlcat
1 - Riku

Recording Setups - MUTHAFUKKIN FIVE SON!!!

toasty
OMG H4X
Malco
Rhan
Foxy

KEEP IT UP PEOPLE!!! WE NEED MORE TVs AND MELEE DISCS!!!

Memory cards are NOT an issue, even if they're more convenient, we can always do without them since we've got extras :)

ATTENDEES LIST!!!

Confirmed [or at least 95% sure...LET ME KNOW IF YOU'RE MISSING FROM THE LIST OR SHOULD NOT BE ON IT!!!]

toasty
Caboose
HazZarD
G$
HBK
Reno
Jman
Alukard
G-regulate
KM
Tope
Doll
Savedge
Cyrain
Ether
Geos
PacStrife
Nelo
O-NO
Aurora
Israfel
Lord Karn
Knorr
BiosageX
Jwolf
Ace
TC
KoTR
ndn
KitsuneKing
Cdot
Tristan_Win
Apex
Emmit
Link O Mac
Ronnie
Darwen65
Midtier
CStick
SpeedYoshi
SchoolieDee
Juan (La Lluvia De Colombia!!!!!)
Poehlcat
Arsenal Russ
Riku
Arthur
Tamillow
FaviD
Tamillow's Friend
Tamillow's Friend
OMG H4X
BatmanSince1939
Jird
Giggidax
COCM
BlackG
MaSHi
SK
rhan
Shaeman111 (S-man)
Crystalnite (IV)
Pitzer
Knightpraetor (KP)
Malco
Oro? (Nino)
EarthP0w3R
Cinder
Twiddle
Victor
Shabby Shiek
Italian Ice (Daniel)
ETWIST51294
Foxy
Dobee
Twig
Twig's friend
Twig's friend
BlackNinja [LOL, it's Phil...formerly known as Token]

MAYBE:
Chillindude829
Jank
Redd
ChRed2aKrisp + others
Room
GofG
Sampsun

waiting on a lot of others to give me updates =D

757-635-7806 for toasty's cell

SIGS!!! Thanks Rhan! You're amazing =D
[just hit "quote" and scroll down and copy the code for these sigs :)]

g-regulate

Smash Hero
my first tournament knee in over a year will connect with the face of this tournament, also gonna try to bring Kmeezy

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
****, i'm already hyped for this.
Crew battles?
Nelo and I teaming?
SoVa, the region with the coolest people?
OH **** IT'S GONNA BE GOOD.

Oh, and Speedyoshi, I believe we have a money match from like a year ago. I forget what matchup. So we should play one if we don't meet in tournament. >:D

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Crew battles will only happen if time permits. It all depends on venue arrangements and, I'm sad to say, I STILL have no update about the venue :( I'm trying to get as much done as I can but between work AND comanaging a family business, ****'s rough right now...

obviously I'll let everyone know in huge lime letters what the deal is as soon as I know.

same goes for housing :)

PLEASE. MORE SETUPS. ESP TVs!!!!!

This will be a DISASTER if we don't have enough setups!!!

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Toasty nothing set in stone yet but if me and Apex do come reassured we will bring two sets maybe three if Apex car can hold it. I'll talk to him more about it but his Lincoln is pretty **** big so I wouldn't be surprise.

Since this is melee you don't mind game cubes right?

BEHR

Smash Hero
If I come I'll bring a full set. :3

Any housing available?

toasty

Smash Hero
there are a couple people who said they can help out with housing but nothing is definite yet.

give me projected numbers with names [in case we know them, but it's okay if we don't] and I'll do what I can to find housing.

it'll take me a couple days to make a good post about housing cuz ****'s crazy right now with my RL happenings so I can't take care of that just yet.

also: <3<3<3 for bringing a full setup...that goes for EVERYONE ^_^

Tristan_win

Not dead.
^_^ Okay so it seems my old smash Melee crew is getting revived for this as of the three member I talk to all of them wish to go to this and we are now taken steps togather into going. Apex and I got 3 full sets between us so we will definitely bring them as well. I guess I'll keep an eye on this thread until housing is put up the sooner it's up the better.

I really really really hope this lights the spark of smash in them once more. A swift *** kicking is what we all need including myself to get back in the competitive swing of things in Melee.

toasty

Smash Hero
you are all awesome...the best part about coming to these and getting wrecked is that when people bring enough setups, you can still chill and play FRIENDLIES with all of these pros/semi-pros and wow...you'd think that it would suck *** but it's pretty much amazing and very very helpful. RoM changed **** a lot for me in that exact way and it definitely swung me back in the direction of Melee in a craaazy way.

sigs are coming sooon

<3<3<3 @ Chu

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
ive been gettin my melee back on hard lately toasty!

me and giddidax are stoaked on it!

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
you are all awesome...the best part about coming to these and getting wrecked is that when people bring enough setups, you can still chill and play FRIENDLIES with all of these pros/semi-pros and wow...you'd think that it would suck *** but it's pretty much amazing and very very helpful. RoM changed **** a lot for me in that exact way and it definitely swung me back in the direction of Melee in a craaazy way.

sigs are coming sooon

<3<3<3 @ Chu
I'll come if you do me one favor, toasty.

We meet in brackets? Ness dittos, son.

toasty

Smash Hero
lol @ Chillin...sucks you can't make it

HAB!!! YOU GOT IT SONNNN!!!

Kevin: don't worry, I'll make sure brackets are sweet. If attendance is looking crazy high, I'll try some form of pre-reg so I can seed properly :)

Rusty - yayuhhzzz keep it up man! Caboose and I have been training a bit as well ^_^

TRISTAN!!! goood news...I probably have housing for you. And by probably, I mean definitely. As long as you guys:
-don't mind the floor/couch/whatever that's available
-bring your own ****. [pillow/blanket/towel/toiletries/whateverthehellyoumightwannause]

best part is, it's in Caboose's dorm which is looking to be the same building where the tourney is =D

for those who have been to the Virginia House tourneys I've thrown before with Caboose, you know how there's two other dorms right across the walkway? Well if attendance looks to be significantly larger than before, we MAY be able to reserve the common room in one of those two dorms!!! It'll also be on the ground floor and we'll have to figure out some way of good communication XD But the point is, we can have tons of room for people to chill, play, and eat, etc etc

oh right. don't **** the common bathrooms again >_>

CStick

Smash Lord
okay, I put off the 25th in the day-off log with stars and underlines to make sure they ****ing get the point this time. I'll be there either on a day off or on my first day of being unemployed again :p

Also, Toasty: my boss at my job sells broken **** on this clearance table. There are two flat-screen 13" TVs (not the players' choice for screen size, but they can be used for something) there for about 30 bucks a pop that we used to use for display/advertisement stuff in the store. Apparently, the DVD ports are broken, but they seem to have AV ports and everything else works on them.

I can go in with my sexy 20% discount and grab them both for 50 bucks for you...and you can like, have them and stuff...

Twig

Smash Journeyman
My roommates and I might come to this (Melee=TOO GOODZ!), if I do come I'll bring 1 setup for sure =).

Top Bottom