• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APRD 5: July 02, Mesa, Arizona: Results

Arizona Power Rank Decision 5 Results

1: Darklink (92$) :metaknight::falco::marth:
2: Silly Kyle (46$) :peach:
3: Hades (17$) :dedede::yoshi2:
4: K9 (12$) :falco::toonlink:
5: Rave Remix :toonlink:
5: Stevo :dk2::mario2:
7: Ominous :gw:
7: Anjila :lucario:
9: Slim Lenny :zerosuitsamus:
9: Derp :luigi2:
9: Yoshiken :yoshi2:
9: Tommy :snake:
13: Lance
13: Prev
13: GV7
13: Tez
17: Smileyface

Does anyone know how to make the bracket clear??

k9.

Smash Ace
Nice results chris haha. Also i used way more TL this tourney i only used mk once, and i used TL 4 times

Also youshiken mains yoshi lol

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Good stuff guys. I wont screw up next time so underestimate me next if you want ill be at top form and I wont cheat myself again =)

:phone:

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I'll get you next time Rave!

And Derp also used Olimar.

Edit: And sorry Yoshiken.

Slimlenny

Smash Rookie
Fun tournament guys. My ZSS is still very green imo, but it's a work in progress ^^
I want that rematch Rave :3
And good job to everyone, I had a good time either talking or playing with all of you.

Anjila

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know how to make the bracket clear??
Don't save it as a GIF and then upload it to hosts that resize larger images (ie. Tinypic, Imageshack, and Photobucket). Either save it as a JPEG/PNG, which gets rid of nearest-neighbor compression, or save it to Dropbox, which gets rid of resizing.

Great tourney, everyone! My keyboard is kind of broken right now (using the on-screen one), so I'll probably do shout-outs later when it's a little less of a pain to type. :p

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Guess i'll do these since im visiting the site via computer for the first time in a few

1: Darklink - Good stuff, guy. I don't scare easy so it'll take more than marth next time to shake me. Congrats on the win.
2: Silly Kyle - Grats on hitting 2nd on the rankings. I know Chris is #1 but i care more about beating you to be honest. When my peach isn't mediocre one day we can Peach ditto, but that'll be far in the future
3: Hades - Didn't play you this time but good stuff, way to go out with a bang.
4: K9 - Had fun playing you, fun matches. TL on brinstar was tense lol.
5: Rave Remix - Good **** dude. Bringing that TL up leaps and bounds dude. Team with me next time for MMs, it'll be fun. Don't let the impossible 17th place I got scare you
5: Stevo - Didn't play you this time but good stuff working with Mario and DK (i'm gonna assume)
7: Ominous - Grats on your placing dude, at least there's someone not bringing shame to our characters name unlike me =/
7: Anjila - Fun matches. I love playing you it's always very tense. If Lucario was only a little lighter, that'd make things so much easier lol but he isn't and you're awesome with him it caused me to choke a few times and take unnecessary damage. Good stuff.
9: Slim Lenny - Didn't play you but ZSS is actually pretty scary for me. good stuff
9: Derp - Congrats on getting your revenge match. That's the second time i killed myself last stock vs olimar (first time was vs jane) so i'll work on that. But now I gotta get my revenge match lol. Be prepared =)
9: Yoshiken - Good **** reppin' dat yoshi. Wish I saw you vs ominous i'm sure it was awesome.
9: Tommy - Yeaah, we'll play EVENTUALLY.
13: Lance - I know you, loser
13: Prev - Cool Pika you got there, man. =)
13: GV7 - Only saw a glimpse of your rob but it looked pretty good, hope to play it next time.
13: Tez - Just saying I dunno how MY TRAINEE who I BEAT ranked above me but whatever i'm so low i honestly don't care. That was the only thing that made me chuckle after the whole thing.
17: Smileyface - You suck, game over, try again? *Insert coin*

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Darklink: <3
Silly Kyle: <3
Hades: I'll miss you, brother. Sorry about that dollar LOL
K9: :reverse:
Rave Remix: <3
Stevo: What is it about DK...
Ominous: Way to go with your upsets
Anjila: <3 I wanted to see you and Jonny team again :(
Slim Lenny: Wasn't Slim Lenny a tall black dude last time?
Yoshiken: <3
Tommy: :c
Lance: :)
Prev: :oneeye:
GV7: :glare:
Tez: :embarrass:
Smileyface: You'll get your match. You'll probably win too

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
XYRO!!! I love you!! <3 I will touch your zair anytime you want ;) I want to visit Houston again sometime in the near future

RED HALBERD IS A ****ING BOSS!!!!! Wish you were going to Genesis 2!!

1: Darklink (92$) :metaknight::falco::marth:
Fighting you in Winner's Finals and Grand Finals was really helpful. Even though you stomped me pretty hard with Meta Knight, I do feel better at the matchup now and I promise next time will be super intense. Hopefully we can have a smashfest before Genesis 2 and we can play for a couple hours. :) Glad we finally got some matches recorded too!! Will have them up hopefully by Friday night

2: Silly Kyle (46$) :peach:
Was totes hyped for this tourney. Wish I could have gotten more sleep!!! Time to get 1st next time!! **** :metaknight: t(t-_-)

3: Hades (17$) :dedede::yoshi2:
Dude!!! You did amazing this tourney. I can't believe you went :dedede: and :gw: against me in bracket lol. Thought you would at least go :yoshi2: once. Hahaha, I swear you were going to figure my Peach out after all those friendlies. That was really fun and I'm glad we warmed up together. Sad you're leaving back to Indiana!! Stomp some hookers for me and beat those midwest Peach players!! <3

4: K9 (12$) :falco::toonlink:
Good job, scrub. I'm looking forward to your early exit next tournament ;)

5: Rave Remix :toonlink:
Way to step it up!!! Prove you can place this consistently and you'll see yourself on the PR next season. :cool:

5: Stevo :dk2::mario2:
Let's money match next time I see you. $5, best of 3.

7: Ominous :gw:
Nice!! Keep it up homie

7: Anjila :lucario:
Gosh!! Our set was super intense. I had tons of fun playing you and I couldn't believe that I was able to pull off the 2-0. I was certain we'd go to last match, last stock. Hopefully I can stomp you a lot harder next time ;)

9: Slim Lenny :zerosuitsamus:
I'm digging the :zerosuitsamus:!!! Pretty blondes are gonna dominate the AZ scene!! Would love to see you place Top 5 sometime soon. Keep practicing, watch videos of Nick Riddle, Dakpo, Shlike, Bio, Paw, etc.

9: Derp :luigi2:
:luigi2: moved down a lot on this most recent tier list!! Lol. Hope you find the remedy for the slump you've been in. I know you can place Top 5!!

9: Yoshiken :yoshi2:
Bummer you had to play your wife. Hope you learned a lot from Hades while he was down here. Peace out, girl scout

9: Tommy :snake:
Scrub. Step it up. GENESIS 2 **** YEAH!!!!!!

13: Lance
We definitely need to get together soon in Tucson and practice!! :)

13: Prev
It was fun playing you in singles. Wish you would have went :pikachu2: against me. You did well with :pit:. I know you can place higher next time, so practice hard. :reverse:

13: GV7
Your :rob: looked pretty sick. Wish we could have played friendlies or money matched. Next time!!

13: Tez
Hope you make it out to the next tournament

17: Smileyface
You, me, and Lance should all smash together for a couple hours ;) You did really well against me in pools with :gw:. Hope to see your :peach: soon ^_^

Slimlenny

Smash Rookie
Time for shout outs :p

Darklink- Nice job on taking first yo. It was fun playing against you in pools, and talking to ya throughout the tournament. We should play LoL sometime ^^

Silly Kyle- I can seriously never get tired of watching your Peach. It's just fu***** crazy... awesome stuff. You also make the tournament lots of fun :D Hot Blondes ftw!

Hades- I didn't get to play against you and didn't really talk, but damn awesome job man. I was pretty impressed at the skill level you have with various characters.

K9- Good job yo. Falco is the devil, and you're pretty good with him. I'll beat you someday D: haha.

Rave- Dude this was your tournament! Awesome toon link, and it was fun playing with ya. I wouldve had you the second match if I hadn't given away the first stock :3 haha. Rematch!

Stevo- I only played against you a few times and you're very good man. I'm glad to see someone playing lower tier characters competitively. Keep up the good work ^^

Ominous- I had fun playing against you dude. You have an awesome GW and I hope we play again at the next tournament. Hopefuly your Dsmash won't kill me at 80% again v.v

Anjila- I really enjoyed playing your Lucario even though I got owned haha. Give me some time, and I'll take you down eventually ;P

Derp- Ahh dude I was so nervous to play against you haha. I had never played a Luigi before and didn't know what to expect. I hope we get to play again at the next tournament. And no, Slim has always been a short Mexican kid. haha.

Yoshiken- Didn't really play or talk to you at this tournament, but you're not a stranger :p Keep on owning face with Yoshi. You're also on my "ill beat 'em someday" list ;D

Tommy- Didn't get to play you this tournament, but hopefully we'll play at the next one. I want revenge on you and your level 9 Luigi haha.

Lance- Ahh man that first match almost made me cry haha. I simply couldn't kill you when you were at 150%. Anyways, fun matches man. Keep up the good work ;P

Prev- We only played friendlies before singles and I had a lot of fun. I like playing against as many people as possible. And thanks for teaching me how to do that Pikachu tech :p I can almost do it successfully.

GV7- Thanks for the ride man :D I think you should have placed higher..but oh well. Next tournament fo'sho. We should wear Mexico soccer jerseys or something haha.

Tez- Hmm don't think I played or talked to you, but well I'm pretty new to the AZ smash scene. Hope to see and play you at the next tourney :D

Smileyface- It was nice meeting you man. Didn't get to play you, but I would've liked to. Hope to see ya at another tournament yo.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
1: Darklink: Once again, it was an honor to have you choose your beastly Metaknight for our third match. :)

2: Silly Kyle: All I hope for this season is that I can take you to the last stock, lol. <3

3: Hades: Congrats on kicking almost all of Arizona's ***. :D Return to Indiana with pride, buddy. :)

4: K9: Remember back in the day when we were on the same skill level? Get ready to have that happen again. <3

5: Rave Remix: Yeah...this season I plan on taking down everyone ranked between 3rd-10th on the PR. ^_~

5: Stevo: Every tournament I see you your characters get scarier and scarier, it's getting to the point that I feel like throwing projectiles is just leaving me open to a head-on attack. o_O Go get your brother's spot in the PR list already. <3

7: Ominous: I've always considered you a high-level G&W player, so it brings me joy to finally see other people recognizing that too. :) 'Grats on being one of my Challengers Approaching comrades, let's go kick some PR ***.

7: Anjila: Arguably my biggest threat in obtaining a high rank on the PR. :)

9: Slim Lenny: Haha dude you are hilarious. :D No I'm not talking about your claims of you beating me in Brawl or something, I'm talking about intentional humor-making. And excellent Diddy Kong man, definitely can't wait for that rematch. :)

9: Derp: <3 back at you man. I'm very grateful that you're always there to commend me for my accomplishments, or at the very least my efforts when I lose a match. I dedicate my high-placement to you buddy. :) From now on, it's time for me to kick some *ss consistently. :)

9: Yoshiken: Good sh*t in making my Zelda look like it was in the hands of some person who just picked up the game for the first time.

9: Tommy: The person I practice with more than any other is a Snake main (and a really good one at that), so I hope you don't feel too bad that I won our bracket match. <3 Anyway, awesome games man, you never cease to amaze me with your "oh hey, did you forget I have a mine there?" tactics. :D

13: Lance: Haha, see I told you I had a legitimate reason to be scared! Good Snake grenade play man. :)

13: Prev: Sad I didn't get to play you man, it's been so long since we last played!! I've always loved your Pikachu. :)

13: GV7: Haha not sure how I managed to beat you in those friendlies, your R.O.B. is pretty phenomenal. Can't wait for your placings to reflect your true skill level. And thanks so much for the ride, as you pretty much said, you pretty much made APRD5 possible. ^_^

13: Tez: Sorry I never got to play you, but it's awesome to see a new face in the scene nevertheless!

17: Smileyface: I think scaring the hell out of me during matches is a good enough requisite to be my doubles partner. ^_~ Flat-shaded team FTW! :D

Alex (Prime): I missed you a bunch man, I hope to see you at more tournaments! Besides your crazy sense of humor, it's great to have someone around who treats everything as hype. lol.

And the best pic of the tourney, all thanks to K9 of course:

Top Bottom