• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 9th] The Custom Stage Tournament 03

Proteun

Smash Cadet
NNID
Proteun
3DS FC
3840-9358-0544
(1 PM EST)
Even though custom stages are used, this tournament is just as serious as any other, please treat it as such. Stages must qualify as tournament legal.

The third instalment of the Custom Stage Tournament approaches! On April 9th at 1 PM EST, players will again be able to show off their skills on stages made by the community. Will there be another Lenny Face stage? Will your own stage make it to the list? Will Epic finally be able to beat Serew's Robin this time? Find out by signing up!

What: A tournament where the only legal stages will be custom stages made by participants or others interested.

When:
April 9th, 2016, 6 PM GMT (7 PM CET, 1 PM EST, 12 noon CST). Check-in will start one hour before the actual tournament.

Chat: https://discord.gg/0mH8V4yAVfV59E5i

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/pDcpyF83tH

Bracket:
challonge.com/customstages03

Winner prize: A €15 eShop card.

Ruleset:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fXSpE4Re6wSIrSjvp0jxzpi9brMgoY4DI96mNbh-280/edit?usp=sharing

Stage list: Coming after April 2nd. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qe6UzS5lvd3ny5FV60xKZ1EdK_BQ2FTHodm6OLjgxF0/edit?usp=sharing

Stream: twitch.tv/gasperstreams (Kasper)

Stage Rules and Submission:
  • The only legal stages in the tournament will be custom stages made by participants or others if interested.
  • Stages can be sent in until April 2nd, 2016. The stage should be uploaded on Miiverse, then a PM should be sent to Proteun (via Discord or post in the Smashboards thread) containing the creator's NNID and the stage name. No more than three stages can be sent in by one player. Note: stages uploaded to Miiverse expire after a month, so the posts should be made after March 10th.
  • Stages must qualify as tournament legal, meaning stage hazards and solid floating platforms above the main stage will most likely not make it to the final stage list.
  • A stage list will be picked by the TO within three days after the deadline for stages to be sent in. The list will contain a maximum of 10 stages, including neutral stages, counterpicks and instructions on how to download them.
  • Players are not obligated to download the stages, but it might be helpful to study them before the tournament starts. Downloading all stages will take approximately 20 minutes.

Some notes about the tournament:
  • All matches will take place in rooms opened by specific room hosts. This allows for some of the sets to be streamed and means the participants don't necessarily need to spend time on downloading stages. We already have a few volunteers, but more would be greatly appreciated.
  • Every participant needs to be in the Discord chat during the tournament.
  • The seeding will be done as regional as possible, meaning European players will mostly play with other Europeans and American players will mostly play with other Americans. For this to work, please tell me your region in the Discord chat as soon as possible when signing up.
  • By request, all Mii movesets will now be legal - on a tournament where things like these are tried anyway, this should be possible. The rules on them are still strict, as only Guest Miis are allowed and their moveset has to be clear from their name. For details, read the ruleset through.

Last edited:

Proteun

Smash Cadet
NNID
Proteun
3DS FC
3840-9358-0544
We don't nearly have enough stages at the moment, so if you have any ideas, please send them in. People who send in stages do not necessarily have to enter the actual tournament. Do remember every stage has to be considered tournament legal.

Proteun

Smash Cadet
NNID
Proteun
3DS FC
3840-9358-0544
The Custom Stage Tournament has ended! Thank you to everyone who has joined, and especially to the room hosts who were willing to help even more.

Full results:
1. Serew :4feroy:
2. RiVer :4mewtwo:
3. BalanceBro :4wiifitm:
4. TNTBlowzUp :4tlink:
5. Mr.PersonSir :4wiifit:
5. Proteun :4miigun:
7. ludvig4 :4kirby:
7. Pepernoot :4myfriends:
9. Proctavia
9. Mmeaninglessnamee
9. Xcruzx1000
9. Gray Person
13. TheCrazyCroco
13. wizrad
13. Capet
13. SlickJ
17. Epic
17. LNIM
17. Mr.Planey

Last edited:

CodyJames7

Smash Rookie
Yes, this is an ongoing tournament series. The next date still has to be decided, though.
I assume that it will be posted on this thread? Also, what will be an estimate for the next date if possible? I just recently decided to get into the competitive custom stage hype and am finding it hard to discover communities for it. I assume that it would be inappropriate to solicit myself in that regards here, so do you happen to have a hub for this, or is it solely this thread? I'm sorry for the questions.

Proteun

Smash Cadet
NNID
Proteun
3DS FC
3840-9358-0544
I assume that it will be posted on this thread? Also, what will be an estimate for the next date if possible? I just recently decided to get into the competitive custom stage hype and am finding it hard to discover communities for it. I assume that it would be inappropriate to solicit myself in that regards here, so do you happen to have a hub for this, or is it solely this thread? I'm sorry for the questions.
Questions are always welcome :)
The Discord group mentioned in the first post (https://discord.gg/0mH8V4yAVfV59E5i) is still used for this tournament series and I'm always actively answering questions there. As for the community you're trying to find, people do tend to post stages there and ask about feedback and tournament legality. Since the last post here, I have decided on the next date, which will be June 11th. The "official" announcement still has to come though, since I don't want people to send in stages more than a month before the actual tournament (Miiverse posts expire after 30 days). You can find all other information in the Discord group.

Top Bottom