• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Apr 7, 2015] Custom RoBros (Sm4sh Wii U tournament) (Tampa, Florida)

Manny

Smash Cadet

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/447445395408132
Entry Fees
$5.00 Venue Fee
$5.00 Wii U Singles
$10.00 Wii U Doubles (Per Team)
$6.00 Wii U Triplets (Per Team) (I made this cheap. No johns, if this game is to be hype and fresh, we need to explore the different features. Try playing 3v3 competitively.)

Schedule
10:00 AM - Venue Opens
10:30 AM - Friendlies and Registration begins!
12:00 PM - Registration ends
12:30 PM - 3 V 3 Begins
2:30 PM - Doubles Begins
5:00 PM - Singles Begins

RULES

2 Stocks, 6 Minutes (Singles)
3 Stocks, 8 Minutes (Doubles)
3 Stocks, 8 Minutes (Triples)

Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock. (If the person really wants you to lose a stock.)
You may not choose any stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage, and then if still tied, by Damage Given on the victory screen.
Suicide Moves:
The player that initiated a suicide move to end a match is the victor of the match, regardless of what the results screen says.

Doubles Rules
Friendly Fire on! (Rule Applies to 3v3's as well!)

Share stock is allowed.
Match Procedure
1. Players pick Mr. Game & Watch and both use side-b. The player with the higher number starts the stage-striking process. (This only occurs if a player asks for it)
2. Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
3. Players take turns removing stages from the Starter Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), and the first player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
4. The players play the first match of the set
5. Winning player of the preceding match bans 2 stages from the full list of stages, both Starter and Counter-Pick.
6. The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
7. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
8. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
9. The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.
10. The next match is played
Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

*If a player is using customs, he/she must reveal the
customs they are using before the match begins if the opposing player asks. If a player using custom moves wins a game, he is locked in with the current custom move set. When the player loses a game, he/she is allowed to change
his/her custom move set.*

Smash 4 Stage List

Singles & Doubles

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Town and City
DuckHunt
Delfino Plaza
Skyloft
Castle Siege

Triplets Stage List:

Neutrals
Big Battlefield
Final Destination
Town and City

Counterpicks:

Duck Hunt
Skyloft
Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium 2

Last edited:

Jalio_the_Brave

Smash Cadet
Will you also be using AmazingAmphoros custom move project? Or are we expected to use our own sets? Cause if you want to use his project, I have them all loaded on my 3ds

Noa.

Smash Master

Entry Fees
$5.00 Venue Fee
$5.00 Wii U Singles
$10.00 Wii U Doubles (Per Team)
$6.00 Wii U Triplets (Per Team) (I made this cheap. No johns, if this game is to be hype and fresh, we need to explore the different features. Try playing 3v3 competitively.)

Schedule
10:00 AM - Venue Opens
10:30 AM - Friendlies and Registration begins!
12:00 PM - Registration ends
12:30 PM - 3 V 3 Begins
2:30 PM - Doubles Begins
5:00 PM - Singles Begins

RULES

2 Stocks, 6 Minutes (Singles)
3 Stocks, 8 Minutes (Doubles)
3 Stocks, 8 Minutes (Triples)

CUSTOM MOVES ARE ALLOWED
MII BRAWLER PISTON PUNCH IS BANNED
ITEMS ARE NOT ALLOWED

Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock. (If the person really wants you to lose a stock.)
You may not choose any stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage, and then if still tied, by Damage Given on the victory screen.
Suicide Moves:
The player that initiated a suicide move to end a match is the victor of the match, regardless of what the results screen says.

Doubles Rules
Friendly Fire on! (Rule Applies to 3v3's as well!)

Share stock is allowed.
Match Procedure
1. Players pick Mr. Game & Watch and both use side-b. The player with the higher number starts the stage-striking process. (This only occurs if a player asks for it)
2. Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
3. Players take turns removing stages from the Starter Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), and the first player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
4. The players play the first match of the set
5. Winning player of the preceding match bans 2 stages from the full list of stages, both Starter and Counter-Pick.
6. The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
7. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
8. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
9. The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.
10. The next match is played
Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

*If a player is using customs, he/she must reveal the
customs they are using before the match begins if the opposing player asks. If a player using custom moves wins a game, he is locked in with the current custom move set. When the player loses a game, he/she is allowed to change
his/her custom move set.*

Smash 4 Stage List

Singles & Doubles

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Coliseum (Omega Version) (This is your Final Destination)
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Town and City
DuckHunt
Delfino Plaza
Skyloft
Castle Siege

TBA

Triplets Stage List:

Neutrals
TBA

Counterpicks:
TBA
Where is the Facebook page for this event?

Jalio_the_Brave

Smash Cadet
Please bring that, I'd greatly appreciaite it at our tournament, and Noa here you go.

https://www.facebook.com/events/447445395408132
Are you gonna use that and allow for some open sets? Cause I know the custom moveset project is coming out with an update at the end of March that'll fill up all 10 of the custom move slots. I don't have a problem coming early to the event and transferring things over to all of the setups if you wanna solely use the custom moveset project.

Manny

Smash Cadet
Are you gonna use that and allow for some open sets? Cause I know the custom moveset project is coming out with an update at the end of March that'll fill up all 10 of the custom move slots. I don't have a problem coming early to the event and transferring things over to all of the setups if you wanna solely use the custom moveset project.
I'll still use it without a doubt. I'd greatly appreciate all the help I can get, thank you sir <3

Last edited:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Will Custom Robo be an event? That would be awesome(but get all of 1 person lol). But I like the name for the tourney, Manny.

Last edited:

ProfeLoco

Smash Cadet
I have a previous engagement for that night but I believe 8BitMan will be there representing GoTE for us.
Keep bringing Florida to the forefront

Manny

Smash Cadet
Will Custom Robo be an event? That would be awesome(but get all of 1 person lol). But I like the name for the tourney, Manny.
No promises, but I'll try and make that a thing.

I have a previous engagement for that night but I believe 8BitMan will be there representing GoTE for us.
Keep bringing Florida to the forefront
Ohhh how exciting! Miami HYPE! Lets go!

Last edited:

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Is everyone expected to bring their own 3DS in order to port their custom load outs?
Also in the past I experienced a bit of trouble finding the particular building, we were inside that gated apartment community but couldn't find the building that showed up on Google images. Help D:

Last edited:

Jalio_the_Brave

Smash Cadet
Is everyone expected to bring their own 3DS in order to port their custom load outs?
Also in the past I experienced a bit of trouble finding the particular building, we were inside that gated apartment community but couldn't find the building that showed up on Google images. Help D:
I assume you guys can use the custom moveset project sets, which I have a 3ds with all of those loaded up. @ Manny Manny I assume that's what's happening?

Manny

Smash Cadet
Okay, so you go through the gate. Drive straight, following the road, and you'll see a huge office looking building, where there is a lot of parking space. And voila, you're there.

I assume you guys can use the custom moveset project sets, which I have a 3ds with all of those loaded up. @ Manny Manny I assume that's what's happening?
Yes you can. I have a wii u with all customs unlocked, and my friend is bringing another wii u set up, with all custom moves unlocked. Any person, with all Smash 4 Wii U customs unlocked, and they bring that set up, i'm waiving their door fee.

In_3D

Smash Rookie
My friend is asking if there are any top 3 prizes? I want to know if you have to bring your own controller? Also, how will the tournament be organized, will people be put into pools? Me and some friends are considering going and we've never been to a tournament, sorry :p.

Jalio_the_Brave

Smash Cadet
Okay, so you go through the gate. Drive straight, following the road, and you'll see a huge office looking building, where there is a lot of parking space. And voila, you're there.

Yes you can. I have a wii u with all customs unlocked, and my friend is bringing another wii u set up, with all custom moves unlocked. Any person, with all Smash 4 Wii U customs unlocked, and they bring that set up, i'm waiving their door fee.
I know this is kinda last minute, but don't you think it might be better to run the custom moveset project by itself? Cause I feel like logistics wise it'll be too difficult to make sure everyone creates their own sets on each wii u. Just my opinion

Manny

Smash Cadet
My friend is asking if there are any top 3 prizes? I want to know if you have to bring your own controller? Also, how will the tournament be organized, will people be put into pools? Me and some friends are considering going and we've never been to a tournament, sorry :p.
Tournament will be organized as a regular bracket. At most, we might have 50-60 people. So we'll just do a straight bracket. Double elimination. Doubles wil be hosted as well, along with 3v3.

I know this is kinda last minute, but don't you think it might be better to run the custom moveset project by itself? Cause I feel like logistics wise it'll be too difficult to make sure everyone creates their own sets on each wii u. Just my opinion
Well the thing is. For the Wii U. I have made each character customizaiton like for Mairo? I have 1112/1113/1121/1131/1123. Etc so i have all possible customizations created, all you do is click the character, find the number set you want, click it, and voila all done. But if you know more about this custom moveset project do it. I'll be more than happy to oblige.

Jalio_the_Brave

Smash Cadet
Tournament will be organized as a regular bracket. At most, we might have 50-60 people. So we'll just do a straight bracket. Double elimination. Doubles wil be hosted as well, along with 3v3.

Well the thing is. For the Wii U. I have made each character customizaiton like for Mairo? I have 1112/1113/1121/1131/1123. Etc so i have all possible customizations created, all you do is click the character, find the number set you want, click it, and voila all done. But if you know more about this custom moveset project do it. I'll be more than happy to oblige.
Okay. My question is how you werr able to do that? Cause each character can only have 10 custom move loadouts. I think the project is the way to go. Here's a link to the thread for the project:

http://smashboards.com/threads/offi...ct-summer-2015-edition-evo-sets.395721/unread

Top Bottom