• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Sorry for the delay. I was too busy watching Michigan four-stock Florida in the elite eight game this afternoon. :bee:

Here's the results thread. Any shoutouts and further discussion should go there!

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
myeh I wanna go real bad, but you banned wobbling >.<
also I move into my dorms around then.
And I think Ohayocon is this same weekend lol

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Not going to a tournament because Wobbling is banned speaks more about your character than the TO's.

I'll be here.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Not going to a tournament because Wobbling is banned speaks more about your character than the TO's.

I'll be here.
Yeah I play a sub par gimmacky character who literally cannot beat several of the top 7 without it.
Nobody likes getting wobbled, but that doesnt make it ban worthy lmao.

Scythe

Smash Master
Why should Wobbling be a factor of your decision to go to a tournament or not? Do you see Fly Amanita skipping tournaments because Wobbling is banned in them? Learn how to beat top 7 characters without it. No johns.
actually you do see fly amanita skipping tourneys lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Why should Wobbling be a factor of your decision to go to a tournament or not? Do you see Fly Amanita skipping tournaments because Wobbling is banned in them? Learn how to beat top 7 characters without it. No johns.
Completely ignoring the fact that this is false (I talk to Jeremy relatively frequently and one of the contributing factors to his not attending Big House this year was the ban on Wobbling), this is one of the most absurd statements I've ever read. I'm sure if APEX banned Jigglypuff they wouldn't take a huge hit in attendance, that has nothing to do with whether or not it should be banned. WTF kind of backwards logic allows someone to say "no johns" in response to a protest of arbitrarily nerfing the least viable viable character? Lmao it's like you're talking to someone about banning Fox's shine. "Just get better and beat the worse character without it dude"

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I had some doubts about attending since I'm not that good, haven't had much experience, and haven't done well at all in my past two tourneys (i.e. my only two tourneys) But I've decided that I'm not going to let that stop me. I'm going to get (at least) my tech skill DOWN in a month, partner or no partner.

See you all there; I'll be ready.

Goonsquad

Smash Rookie
I'm going to have to try to bring the grand haven crew out to this one, sweet xii was my first tourney and I loved it.

Stif

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to have to try to bring the grand haven crew out to this one, sweet xii was my first tourney and I loved it.
As i read that i thought a "grand haven crew? Holy **** there is more smashers in GH, then i read your name....." and ya of course we are going to all of them

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Would you guys need any additional help running the tournament? I'd be interested in helping in anyway I could, albeit this would be my first time being involved in running a tournament.

I could get you guys warm towels or something.

Top Bottom