• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
This will be my first time playing Super Smash Brothers outside someone's room / mother's basement. How long would it usually last if I'm playing all the events? Also, how do the prizes work? I figure that my first time in the big leagues probably isn't going to result in me sweeping every event, but it can't hurt to dream!
If you enter each and every event (all six of them), that's pretty much an entire day-long commitment, 11am to 11pm. Each event runs for about 3 hours, +/- an hour depending on turnout and how far you advance in the bracket, with the exception of Melee Singles which runs for about 6 hours since it's by far the most popular event. There's always some overlap between events (ex: Melee Doubles and Brawl Doubles), but it's not a problem entering both.

Prize details are in the first post under Entry Information.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
If you get apasher in your pool you'll beat someone, unfortunately the way it works you will most likely not play him because your skill is unknown and his is known to be the worst

Just try your best and have fun

kd-

Smash Lord
Hey I won game 2 you gave me out of pity took a game from you on Pokémon Stadium at last Sweet, a set you didn't post on youtube :[ Does that mean it's kd Stadium?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yeah I forgot to cut that set when scrolling through the recording. And since the recording is 9 hours long, it literally takes 20 mins just to open it up in VirtualDubMod... don't feel like doing that again, lol. Also, I didn't sandbag game 2 away, just got outplayed.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
+1 recording setup for Melee.

Rob, make sure you reserve one of your extra TVs for my Wii, because I want to be able to record in sexy S-Video quality this time.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
I do want a Wii to switch out with my usual gamecube on the stream setup this time. A wii w/ composite cables is apparently even better than a gamecube with s-video in terms of recording.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I do want a Wii to switch out with my usual gamecube on the stream setup this time. A wii w/ composite cables is apparently even better than a gamecube with s-video in terms of recording.
Not to mention we can stream the final few sets of Project M without much changeover time.

kd-

Smash Lord
Apasher, I broke my last remaining working controller. So unless I get another controller before the tourney, I am controllerless

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Apasher, I broke my last remaining working controller. So unless I get another controller before the tourney, I am controllerless
Play with the broken controller then you can brag about your double handicap when you carry him out of last place

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Thanks guy, much appreciated. Can I do anything to help TO for this favor?

Also, and thus begins my actual retirement. No cube, no controller, no career *woooo*
I also have your GameCube still, whenever you want it back... lol

Top Bottom