• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Can you make an exception just this once pretty please?

This tournament was looking really hype. I promise I will never contribute to people making your 64 tournament big ever again (if thats what you want) if you just allow this one tournament to be uncapped, heck the tournament might not need a 32 man cap to remain under that number as it stands, but capping it just discourages people from coming and there was a lot of behind the scenes hype for this tourney as well.

It is really unfair that this cap was introduced so long after the announcement of 64's inclusion.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Can you please axe Brawl Doubles or something instead that hardly anybody would really miss?

It doesn't feel fair that the 64 community would show you guys real interest only to have their tournament capped thereby potentially killing the potential of the event. If PM gets less than the limit can the 64 tournament take the spots? It just sucks because 64 doesn't have big tournaments as often as the other games.

I am really angry you are doing this and hope you change your mind about this horrible decision.

Why can't you just cap Brawl? That game always takes freaking forever. 64 always gets the short end of the stick...

You may have killed the hype for the 64 tournament.

ANY increase in the cap would be greatly appreciated.
Hmmm, you might be right that I was quick to set a cap on certain events and not others. If Smash 64 brings 40 people and Brawl brings only 10, then why should Brawl get more time in its schedule? That's a good point, I can see that now.

I'll remove the cap and then review the pre-registration numbers a few days before the tourney. The tourney schedule will then be adjusted based on the number of pre-registrations and the number of setups everyone has pledged to bring. All I ask is that everyone be honest about your expectations to attend... it's not difficult to tell whether someone is spamming the pre-registration (I've had to deal with that before, the first Big House comes to mind).

Give me a few minutes to edit everything.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Finished editing all the pre-registration stuff. Looking forward to results.

Again, everyone please be honest in responding. I don't mind if you can't bring a full setup. Most people can't. But if you say you're bringing a full setup and end up failing to do so, that just hurts the speed of the tournament.

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
BRING POWER STRIPS PEOPLE.

It's the easiest thing to be besides your controller. It never hurts to bring one, and takes up zero space in a backpack.

Extension chords also help a ton.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
I'm nitpicking but brawl doesn't have a memory card in its full setup

Tinkster

Smash Apprentice
says the guy playing free ike =D....chicagos coming to this homie, free pm isnt the statement id make 0_o.

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry ally my ivysaur will bring it home since you're not there to knock me out. I'll mm anyone here too in melee or pm. That includes you moose I don't think we've
Mm'd since you ended the 0-7 run

W.C.N

Smash Lord
There are pools for 64 right?
That probably would fall under the pending schedule

Also I signed up in the pre reg but my attendance isn't definite, of the brawl turnout looks low in the pre reg I won't come, I have a feeling people just won't pre reg then come anyway meaning our game won't have the needed time

Tbh our last full brawl tournament that included OoS atandance.. had 32 entrants, which is where juggleguy would cap it off anyway. I'm pretty sure west Michigan has no plans either, so it would just be like, Ann Arbor, livonia, and maybe ori+loe1 for brawl. we're not gonna need much time.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Not MMing you either.

I would rather MM people who are actually worth my time. I.e: non grimers/trolls/bad players who troll other bad players for being bad.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Yo Oro, wanna continue our 4 stock money match tradition? Maybe with a little more money this time? :3

The original MM was $50 no kirby at this whack Dublin tourney. Gio never showed up for some reason.

Second MM was $200 no kirby at FC, gio decided he wanted to go kirby and I was like sure, I'll do the $50 again or $200 no kirby. Gio AGREED TO THIS, then didn't show up at FC either. It wasn't like "oh no I can't do that I refuse to go to FC" it was like "sure" and then FC rolls around and he's not registered for some odd reason.

I mean he was never a smasher, he's just a troll, and he pretty much admitted that towards the end. He got me to take things seriously so he wins, I guess, by the rules of whatever weird little basement-dweller internet game he's playing. Great job trolling, gio.

$20 sounds good, thugz, just don't pull a gio on me.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOolOLOLOLolololololOLOLOLOLOLOL

FasianNinja

Smash Rookie
This will be my first time playing Super Smash Brothers outside someone's room / mother's basement. How long would it usually last if I'm playing all the events? Also, how do the prizes work? I figure that my first time in the big leagues probably isn't going to result in me sweeping every event, but it can't hurt to dream!

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Oh, btw DRDN, I'm not MMing you.

And I'm not reading your response because I have you on ignore.
LOLOLOL stay free

Also I'm on a****ers ignore list because he's too free to take money from ME the walking ATM, I mean I lose MMs to people like chi, and loE1 before he got good :012:

FasianNinja

Smash Rookie
Yes. However, I hide my skills so well that it will appear I'm a minion.
...Throughout the tournament.
I'm that committed to not revealing my identity as the worlds best player.
You're welcome, everyone.

Full disclosure, its my mother's basement..
(Top ten things men say before being sexually rejected)

Top Bottom