• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

kd-

Smash Lord
duck wana team
vanz wana team
Is Pittsburgh coming to this? I'd really like to beat play a competitive set with Carroll at least once before I retire :/ he's too good :[

May have to be here now, both to ruin do commentary and maybe play

bobslob

Smash Rookie
Hey guys this is my first official turnament ever so I am very new at this :D
I am hopeing to get a little info from you guys:
1: Where is the best place to park?
2: Where exactly is the venue?
3: Do you still need equipment cuz I can bring some
4: MAD hype about my first tournament ever! gonna bring some skill up in this house :D

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
4: MAD hype about my first tournament ever! gonna bring some skill up in this house :D
1&2: Information is on the first page.
3: We need as many equipment as possible. The more the better.
4: Have fun!

:phone:

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero

Its always nice to see a new face, I hope you'll enjoy the experience, and I'm sure you will!

as per your questions

1) There is an image in the first post on where to park. You have to click the "parking" spoiler tag to make the image show up.

Now that I look at the map I realized juggleguy could improve it. On saturdays the street parking on bonisteel is free all day and if you can find a spot there that's the closest parking spot you can find. Across bonisteel is also free parking on saturdays behind the art and architecture building directly across from panda express (though you'd have to access it from fuller), but is closer than the parking labeled on the image.

2) Pierpont Commons East Room
2101 Bonisteel Blvd
Ann Arbor, MI 48109

If you need more specific directions, go through the front door of the pierpont building, which is what the address above is, you should know you're at the right place because there's a horseshoe driveway and go immediately right after the doors there will be steps going up and that's where the venue is.

3) Extra setups are always helpful and appreciated, it would help getting everyone more friendlies in as well.

4) woooohoooooooooo!!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
That is probably the most useful Hot_ArmS post I've ever read lol.

Venue and Parking info can be found on the first post of this thread under the "Venue" section:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=286110

He's right that there are a few parking spots better than the ones illustrated on the map. Rule of thumb, look for signs that say "Parking Enforced 6am-5pm Mon-Fri" which are everywhere, and avoid spots that say they are enforced into the weekend.

Tink

Smash Hero
lolllll....damn, thats all? im from chicago where they have like, 3 signs posted and u dont know which ones to follow in which orders lollll.

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
Its always nice to see a new face, I hope you'll enjoy the experience, and I'm sure you will!

as per your questions

1) There is an image in the first post on where to park. You have to click the "parking" spoiler tag to make the image show up.

Now that I look at the map I realized juggleguy could improve it. On saturdays the street parking on bonisteel is free all day and if you can find a spot there that's the closest parking spot you can find. Across bonisteel is also free parking on saturdays behind the art and architecture building directly across from panda express (though you'd have to access it from fuller), but is closer than the parking labeled on the image.

2) Pierpont Commons East Room
2101 Bonisteel Blvd
Ann Arbor, MI 48109

If you need more specific directions, go through the front door of the pierpont building, which is what the address above is, you should know you're at the right place because there's a horseshoe driveway and go immediately right after the doors there will be steps going up and that's where the venue is.

3) Extra setups are always helpful and appreciated, it would help getting everyone more friendlies in as well.

4) woooohoooooooooo!!
Who are you. Did someone hack his account?!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
There won't be any at MSU this semester. Unfortunately we didn't find a venue there and all the TOs who went there (Travis, Dre, Richard) have graduated or moved elsewhere.

alcoady

Smash Ace
I want to go to this but I'm very out of practice, so someone get at me so I can show up and get some games in then proceed to annihilate everyone.at this event kthxbye

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare
yo juggleguy, my friend and i were wondering if we could be a commentary pair at this? i know that's kinda random so if there's some way we could prove ourselves that'd be great

Rat

Smash Lord
I'll right. I'm driving up.
Running PM Singles at this too. Post rules/entry tomorrow.

Tink, you need a ride still?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Project M has been added as a side event. We need as many FULL SETUPS as possible for that, so please speak up if you can bring one. Remember, your venue fee is waived if you bring a full setup for any game (Melee, Project M, or SSB64).

Trail Jr.

Smash Rookie
WHATS UP NERDS? The second coming of the storm is hitting up in this mother ****er come the 19th.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
yo juggleguy, my friend and i were wondering if we could be a commentary pair at this? i know that's kinda random so if there's some way we could prove ourselves that'd be great
Dempt and kd have first dibs on the commentary since they're a proven duo, but if one or the other doesn't show up or they need a break, then you guys can step in. Just don't be obnoxious and don't talk to the stream chat (my number one commentating pet peeve)

Trail Jr.

Smash Rookie
Who would want to hear you cut your friend off over and over anyway kanye? why don't u stick to getting ****ed in this nerdy *** game instead?

Scythe

Smash Master
sucks this is right after apex, i have to work this weekend due to the days i took off for apex : /

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare
Who would want to hear you cut your friend off over and over anyway kanye? why don't u stick to getting ****ed in this nerdy *** game instead?
i'll probably let him talk more anyway, he's funnier than i am...wait who told you i was bad :(

also, thanks juggleguy for a chance, we promise not to sound like ken up there :phone:

Dopey

Smash Lord
Wario with L cancels? GGs son. First time playin PM...first time winning PM....

Trail Jr.

Smash Rookie
i'll probably let him talk more anyway, he's funnier than i am...wait who told you i was bad :(
No one told me, I watched some videos. And it was plain was day. You gonna MM me at this thing nerd?

this goes to all the puffs. Is abu coming to this ****? I wanna show him how bad he is.

Top Bottom