• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

FlipX

Smash Ace
30 people isn't that small (granted this was/is stickied but eh). How big was the last sweet? Like 40 at most right?

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
well idk for sweet 6 but the singles entry fee was 10 bucks for this and not 5 so the payouts were still solid for a tourney this size

King5280

Smash Journeyman
fffffffffff it nevermind

Congrats to Teczero for winning, it was maddddd fun hanging out over the past week or so. Wish this could have been a bigger tourney, but I'm sorry our community is so lazy and unsupportive.
it was st pattys day? idt its tht shocking people had other plans lol. any other day and i would have gone.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Lol, i think juggle is more upset how everyone said they were going to attend the decided not to.

It's one thing if you went in here and went oh it's on st Patrick's day prolly not gonna go.

And another to be like, oh look a tourney on st. Pat's, totally can make it and then say you can't day before.

Aside from that numbers were w/e, I had fun and I hope everyone else did.

TheLake

Smash Master
OOooh prince ali!

Gj teczero and vanz!

Gj juggle for hosting/being one of the best tourney runners regardless of turn out (30 isnt so bad anyways)

Good stuff pittsburgh for holding it down at this

hi canada

and god speed SPIDER MAN!!!!!!

Soloist

Smash Ace
Top 8 was:

1. Teczero
2. Abu
3. Vanz
4. HIV+
5. Moose
5. Juggleguy
7. Dope
7. Duck

(Thank you Chad)

The rest will be up whenever uh, Rob decides to put them up lol.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
it was st pattys day? idt its tht shocking people had other plans lol. any other day and i would have gone.
No **** dude, I know how to look at a calendar.

St Pattys Day johns = completely understandable, no hate from me at all
Confirming yourself as an important attendee and influencing the tourney date then dropping out = no johns
Confirming yourself while having no clue about how you're actually getting to the tourney = no johns
Confirming yourself then dropping out and watching the livestream all day on your *** at home = no johns

The community needs to step it up. I don't know about other TOs/regions, but a 30-person turnout during the school year is very disappointing for the MI scene. This was an exception since we were fortunate enough to have awesome people like Teczero/VaNz/Dempt here.

On the other hand, thanks everyone who brought a full setup to this: Solo, HIV, Dre, Dope, Chad, Abu, Jungle, BloodyJoker... hopefully I'm not missing anyone else. I really appreciate it, hopefully we can keep this up in the future. Any thoughts on whether the venue could work for The Big House 2 as long as we figure out the AC/ventilation issue?

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Shoutouts to Solo's dog for chewing on his extra TV's power cord.

DOUBLE POST EDIT: @Juggleguy, is it possible to bring fans to the venue in the future?

FlipX

Smash Ace
Hey don't yell at me juggle, I was planning on going then dempt went full ****** and overslept so my teams partner couldnt make it and I wasn't trying to pay extra gas because he wanted to hit snooze a few too many times.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Definitely waiting for a results thread so I can give my long shlong list of shoutouts.

Yeah, turnout was low for an MI tournament, and it's a bit aggrivating when people confirm regardless of what day it (I'm not calling St. Patrick's Day a holiday and ESPECIALLY when the TO changes the venue SPECIFICALLY to accomodate more people) and don't show up.

BUT, by no means was this a disappointment. 30-or-so people is still a hella good tournament, and to be honest, I had a blast. I wasn't even going to go because I didn't want to have to drive out of state again (I'm the only one who ever does), but due to certain circumstances at 8:30 am I definitely wasn't about to miss this. Even when I wasn't playing smash, I had mad fun just kickin' it with the MI/Tec0 crew. Hence, why Ann Arbor is my favorite place to Melee.

So, how about that results/shoutout thread? :)

@FlipX: Glad you didn't go tbh, I had more fun there without you xD I ended up only charging Vanz $10. You can find your own ride to places from now on. ;)

Soloist

Smash Ace
As for using this venue for The Big House 2: I liked the room more than The Big House's (aside from The Big House's being prettier of course). Space-wise, it beats the old one.

At the first venue: Those two large pillars (I found this hilarious idk why) were sort of in the way and the room was cramped after everyone arrived.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
As for using this venue for The Big House 2: I liked the room more than The Big House's (aside from The Big House's being prettier of course). Space-wise, it beats the old one.

At the first venue: Those two large pillars (I found this hilarious idk why) were sort of in the way and the room was cramped after everyone arrived.
THIS. The room was anti-fat man compatable. No me gusta.

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
As long as we figure out the AC problem and the potential outlet problem, the room should be fine.

It would also be cool if we could figure out how to use the projector in the room, but I think the extra monitor on the T.O. desk was fine.

Tink

Smash Hero
lots of johns are being thrown around here, but im veryyy happy i didnt end up going...
i was in the hospital yesterday beacuse i coudlnt stop puking...and it didnt start till yesterday 0_0....i woudlve woken up at juggles, puking my brains out...so props for us bailing in that aspect.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
The venue's projector is definitely usable, I just didn't think it was necessary for this one. I also suspect the venue staff doesn't usually turn on the AC until April, and that they didn't expect such warm weather this early. So hopefully we can use it for future tourneys (I agree it's better space-wise than the Michigan League room).

:phone:

Bing

Smash Master
Congratz to Teczero and Prince_Abu for getting first and 2nd place. As your prize you will have you entrance and venue fee covered by myself :)

If you are unable to attend please let me know asap so I can pump the next person up :) Thank you :)

Regardless of the turnout, a 30 person monthly is pretty decent, it Toronto we started at 48, now we get like 20. its depressing but its just how it works, just unfortunate that people didnt realize you could get ****ed up after St.Patty's. I hope no one of greatt skill was missing because this was an Impulse Circuit event. Im still happy with the turnout though.

Congratz to everyone to attended regardless :)

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
bing thanks for the offer but i just checked and im going to be in india during impulse, so i will not be able to make it

Bing

Smash Master
bing thanks for the offer but i just checked and im going to be in india during impulse, so i will not be able to make it
Okay thanks for letting me know :) Enjoy India :)

So I'm on my phone and being lazy, when is impulse bing?

I really doubt I can go but you never know, I suppose.
Its June 30th to July 1st In Toronto ON, Canada.. so you better come cause we'd love to have you.

Now since Prince_Abu cannot attend, Vanz is now entitled to the prize :) So Please let me know asap if you can attend.

Top Bottom