• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

itachi18

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure where i should ask this question,(i'm a smashboards n00b, and im kinda lost...) so im going to ask it here: Which character has the advantage in the fox-jigglypuff matchup? I'm asking because there's this guy who plays fox and he will occasionally play with me and my friends. He thinks he's really sweet, btw. But, the last time he played against my friend's jigglypuff he got ANNIHILATED! He stared talking a lot of trash not too long ago saying how he's better than all of us, and how the next time he plays against us he's going beat us. I just want to know the answer to this question answered before I remind him that last time he played with us he got ANNIHILATED!

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
idk how effective we will be rolling 10 deep with smashers, but im sure there will be some laughs
ahhaah true that. no matter, i run the bars. I may be bailing on the crew for short stints to set up with girls for later lol.

@ITACHI technically Fox has the advantage. Fox is also a much harder character to play and pick up, with a lot greater skill curve. Matchups are irrelevant within the top 6-8 characters. By irrelevant I mean, if you play a character, you accept their matchups and lose the right to john about them. Or not, but then you are a bithc

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Yeah - with an even guy to girl ratio, and a hot to not ratio of 1:1, I'm sure "free" is the term that comes to mind for U of M kids.

I heard Ann Arbor has no girls.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
haha josh you've been 21 for like a week. im 19 and ive gone to the bar more lol.
I bet that isn't true anymore, I've gone every other day for 2 weeks now. They are my home haha. PT's > Harper's > RIV > Rick's. But I run em all.

and this tourny is hype.

Tonight I continue my training in a drink off at Burger Bash @ 6 so I can drink Trail under.

King5280

Smash Journeyman
I bet that isn't true anymore, I've gone every other day for 2 weeks now. They are my home haha. PT's > Harper's > RIV > Rick's. But I run em all.

and this tourny is hype.

Tonight I continue my training in a drink off at Burger Bash @ 6 so I can drink Trail under.
bet its close, burgerrama slopfests were a staple of this summer. its dangerous to sell pitchers that cheap while the sun is still out.
edit: damn i need that fake back haha.

Big_R

Smash Champion
your first assumption is correct, whats cool bout this is that the tourney is on campus and we can walk to the bars/poke our heads in from time to time to troll on kids.
this sounds lucrative. i'm back on board with this plan. i never had smash stamina and damn sure dont now. this is best of both worlds

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
ahhaah true that. no matter, i run the bars. I may be bailing on the crew for short stints to set up with girls for later lol.

@ITACHI technically Fox has the advantage. Fox is also a much harder character to play and pick up, with a lot greater skill curve. Matchups are irrelevant within the top 6-8 characters. By irrelevant I mean, if you play a character, you accept their matchups and lose the right to john about them. Or not, but then you are a bithc
i actually think puff is harder to get good with than fox. puff has a lot of weaknesses that are easy to take advantage of at a high lvl, whereas while fox does have weaknesses his strengths as a character make him a little easier to pick up imo

King5280

Smash Journeyman
i actually think puff is harder to get good with than fox. puff has a lot of weaknesses that are easy to take advantage of at a high lvl, whereas while fox does have weaknesses his strengths as a character make him a little easier to pick up imo
puffs easy to pick up but real hard to be super good with

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Not even Don can top the level of posting seen here.
hahaha I posted a long not well thought out post that was going to derail the thread and turn it into a Puff vs Fox argument. Definitely not needed lol.

All it really consisted of was: Abu shut it troll Puff is easy mode.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
If puff is so easy, you should just pick her and win the tourney. We know kels can't beat puff anyways

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Player > Character

if you think Fox and Falco are easier to pick up then Puff, I'll respectfully disagree. Not having to learn techskill, dashdancing, wavedashes, perfect up b sweet spots, and having rest make her easier to learn and pick up. and by that I mean, if any Fox did not know any of those, he would get utterly destroyed. A puff can just learn to space in the air, punish hard, and rest and still do alright. Not worrying about SD'ing due to messed up illusions helps as well.

Every character is hard to win a tournament with. Because being good requires actually being good not just a good character.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think fox is the easiest character to win a tournament with. Maybe Falco. Puff is significantly harder to win a tournament with.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I think fox is the easiest character to win a tournament with. Maybe Falco. Puff is significantly harder to win a tournament with.
Agreed.
well if its gonna be like that sheik is easy. grab grab grab grab tilt fair win.
She is easy to pick up, hard at a high level, much like puff. Agree.
I guess sheik is really easy to pick up, but I think its VERY hard to win a tourney with her. Her recovery is pretty garbage.
Agree.

Back on topic. I hope Roy doesn't convince me to go to the bars halfway through singles...or skip doubles for the bar hah. **** happens.

King5280

Smash Journeyman
haha going to the bar for doubles would definitely hinder your singles performance in the unlikely event you came back

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
hahaha I posted a long not well thought out post that was going to derail the thread and turn it into a Puff vs Fox argument. Definitely not needed lol.

All it really consisted of was: Abu shut it troll Puff is easy mode.
Dude, just put him on ignore... best feature Smashboards ever created

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
Ok i actually wasn't trolling but i do think the difficulty of fox's techskill is overrated. L canceling waveshining all that stuff isn't that hard. What makes fox difficult IMO is the fact that nearly every top character can basically death combo him off one hit. The reason I think puff is a little harder to pick up than fox is because puff is a weird character compared to the rest of the cast, and her whole playstyle is a lot less straightforward and more gimmicky. If by "picking up" you mean just picking her and owning casuals then yeah i agree that in a world without skill puff is really good but the second you play someone that knows what theyre doing puff becomes pretty hard.

alcheato

Smash Ace
Oooh ****, son...this is looking hype. How are all you Chicago peoples getting there? I'm down to drive if necessary.

Soloist

Smash Ace
So the other night I asked this guy named Andre if he wanted to team with me at SWEET VI. He threw a couple middle fingers at me and told me to go fxxx myself. Hoping that my feeling of rejection would wear off, I went home to paint my finger nails black and put red highlights in my hair.

If anyone knows his whereabouts please contact me ASAP so I can proceed to sacrifice his life for the good of mankind.

Top Bottom