• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

LOE1

Smash Lord
welp, i dun think i can go if its in east lansing.
mabey if i can get a ride i can go, but if dont aint showing up, neither am i

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Hmmm yeah now that I think of it... Don is unlikely to go if it's in East Lansing, don't think I've ever seen him at a tourney/Smashfest there.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Shady is old school, not new school

And Mark or I will give you a ride, Kyle (depends on how many AA people end up going)

Moooose

Smash Champion
yea ill be driving if necessary
if we dont have shady we'll definitely get tapped
shady wasnt a top mi player until recently, so he's new school imo

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
shady played with the old schoolers but i dont think he attended the tourneys like UMB's, FC's, planet x and other older tourneys back then

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Shady did attend a lot of the UMBs, but he entered as the gamertag Andy, and preferred to enter Brawl instead of Melee in early 2008.

I mean, I'm all for putting him on the new school crew... just trying to teach people some history and to respect your elders, hehe :denzel:

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
If Planet X didn't go out of buisness, I would be hosting Melee there right now :(

That was the most feasable venue in the Southfield area.

Also, old school vs new school sounds hype. Now, let's make that happen in the Brawl community.

:phone:

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
why is everybody getting so hyped just to lose to me at this thing

and im down for old vs new school
me kzhu duck moose v velynn shaeden anther dope

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Alright, it's looking official. OLD SCHOOL vs NEW SCHOOL will be happening at this.

EDIT: since Kail and Velynn expressed doubts about staying for singles bracket... we'll do the crew battle at 2pm on tourney day... as long as:

1. we have enough setups (at least 8) to mow down singles pools immediately afterwards
2. everyone is on time (registration at 11am) and plays their doubles matches on time

Let's make it happen people!! Who can bring a full setup to this bad boy?

King5280

Smash Journeyman
i remember travis saying when they called it they dont book the place he was getting before? or something gay like that.

Vaccine

Smash Journeyman
Alright, it's looking official. OLD SCHOOL vs NEW SCHOOL will be happening at this.

EDIT: since Kail and Velynn expressed doubts about staying for singles bracket... we'll do the crew battle at 2pm on tourney day... as long as:

1. we have enough setups (at least 8) to mow down singles pools immediately afterwards
2. everyone is on time (registration at 11am) and plays their doubles matches on time

Let's make it happen people!! Who can bring a full setup to this bad boy?
i always bring mine julian is going to bring his

ORLY

Smash Master
is the old vs new school crew battle MI only? and what qualifies one for which school?

and heyyyyy, i'm in the title! nice

Rat

Smash Lord
Can I be part of old school MI? I've known those old guys for a little while at least.

Top Bottom