• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Super Salem Fighters - Salem Oregon's Smash & FGC Community! [WEEKLY]

Super Salem Fighters - Salem Oregon's Smash & FGC Community! [WEEKLY]
Posted by Jaxas
The Ike Box | 299 Cottage Street Northeast - Salem OR, 97301
Saturday, April 20, 2024 - 11:00 AM
Until: Saturday, April 20, 2024 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Start: Saturday, April 20, 2024 - 11:00 AM
End: Saturday, April 20, 2024 - 09:00 PM
Start: Sunday, April 28, 2024 - 11:30 AM
End: Sunday, April 28, 2024 - 06:30 PM

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Crap, I'm really sorry everyone but due to some stuff coming up super last minute it looks like tomorrow will end up having to be cancelled; apologies, but hopefully we'll see you all next week!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Congratulations to everyone who made it on the PR for this update cycle!

===== Smash 4 =====
1st) K-****
2nd) CRimZ
3rd) G~Man, the Cosmic Destroyer
4th) 9Tales
5th) Summer Heat
6th) MeowMC
7th) Salt City
8th) Jitio
9th) TheSuperiorTaste
10th) Mace

===== Project M =====
1st) Bubbles
2nd) G~Man, the Cosmic Destroyer
3rd) Charey

===== Melee =====
1st) Bubbles
2nd) Much Man Randy Passion
3rd) Saucy Pirate

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, slight change of plans for this weekend (also, my bad for not making the pre-reg sheets this week)!

Saturday will be happening like normal, just without preregistration - just show up and we'll get you in in that order.

Sunday however will NOT be happening, due to the store closing very early for the company Christmas party!

Also, next weekend (December 17th & 18th), there will be a different scheduling conflict with GameStar so there will be NO SALEM SMASHFEST TOURNAMENTS NEXT WEEK.

Thanks, and see you there tomorrow!

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, just a reminder that there will be NO SALEM SMASHFEST EVENTS until 2017!
See you in January, but NOT this weekend!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, got a bit of bad news - sounds like GameStar is actually busy the weekend of January 7th & 8th as well, so we won't be hosting a tournament that weekend either unfortunately.

Pending further issues, we'll be returning on the weekend of January 14th and 15th, however!

There is one more issue though, and that is that GameStar needs all available space in their backroom for that weekend, meaning we need to store the TVs we have somewhere else for that weekend.

Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to store them at my place - is there anyone in the area who could help out with that?

Thanks!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, just a heads up but on February 4th and 5th (not this weekend but the following) we will NOT be having any tournaments!

There is a Magic the Gathering happening at GameStar again that day, and we'll need people to grab the TVs so they have the maximum amount of space - anyone who can help with that, please let me know!

TheSpaceMace

Smash Rookie
Hey peeps. Just letting you all know this Saturday IS happening so if you want to go we'd love to have you. We are also in desperate need of setups so please if you can, please bring one. It's appreciated a lot! Also if you're wondering who I am, I'm Mace and I am substituting for G~man and Jaxas the usual TOs who run SalemSmashfests.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, news time!
Effective immediately, G~Man, the Cosmic Destroyer is the official Head TO of the Salem Smashfests, and will be taking over pretty-much all of the day-to-day runnings of the Salem Smashfests.

Alongside this, we will have
- Saucy Pirate as the Lead Sunday TO
- 9Tales as the Assistant Sunday TO
- And many members of the community also assisting with running and organizing everything (tons of people here, so sorry I'm not gonna tag all of you)

The reason for this is because unfortunately... I'm stepping away from the Smash scene for a while.
I'm sure people have noticed that I've been missing as often as not lately; this has been for a number of different reasons but mostly comes down to school taking up more and more of my time, a bit of a lack of drive to play (that's starting to come back - unfortunate timing, lol), and transportation.

The main thing that's caused me to back off though has been because I've actually moved now!
As of last week, I now live in Lancaster ("The opposite side of Salem from GameStar", for people who don't know Salem very well), and don't have a very good way of making it over there reliably.

I'll still be around (I'll probably be "That guy who used to TO but now manages stuff" forever, lol), and I'll be swinging by to compete sometimes as well, but for the forseeable future I'm going to be gone more often than not.

Thanks to everyone who's made it out to all the tournaments we've ran while I was the Head TO, I've had a great time hanging out with all of you!

See all of you around, and I'll absolutely be there at the Salem Smashfests: 3-Year Special Edition (...or whatever better name for it we hopefully come up with)!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hello everyone!

I've got some exciting news today: We're back!

We're Back! (Facebook Cover Image Version).png

The Salem Smashfests will be returning starting this Saturday (April 29th, 2017) at a new location!

Due to the closure of the South Salem GameStar, we've now relocated to the Lancaster GameStar store!

At least for the time being, the schedule may be changing from week to week as we see what we can and can't do at this new venue, but for the time being the schedule is as follows:

Saturdays:
11:00am | GameStar Opens, Friendlies & Setup time
12:00pm | Smash 4 Singles & Project: M Singles Begin
2:00pm | Melee Singles Begin
7:00pm | GameStar Closes

Doubles will be an event we host after singles as long as there's time - every game has the potential to have doubles ran though, as long as there's both time and interest!

Also, as per usual Pre-Registration is now live!
https://goo.gl/forms/f1zeXnG9gxWvaO562

See you there this weekend!

Lancaster GameStar Address:
3070 Lancaster DR NE
Salem, OR | 97306

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Yo, thanks to everyone who made it out today!

Smash 4:
1st) G~Man, the Cosmic Destroyer
2nd) Summer Heat
3rd) Locke

Melee:
1st) Saucy Pirate
2nd) Connor
3rd) The Magnum Dragon

Project M:
1st) Bubbles
2nd) Saucy Pirate

All brackets are visible at smashfests.challonge.com

VODs will be uploading to this playlist overnight as well, if you'd like to watch the recorded matches!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist…

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Thanks to everyone who made it out to the last ever Salem Smashfest to be hosted at GameStar!
Unfortunately it sounds like we'll be moving again due to this GameStar closing down as well, but we'll have more info on that for you guys later once we get everything sorted out.
Anyways, let's get to the Results!

Smash 4:
1st) Bees~Man
2nd) 9Tales
3rd) BBoyMVB
ASB) Zeno

Project: M
1st) Nick
2nd) Jaxas Scarlet

Melee:
1st) Nick
2nd) The Bird

All the recorded matches (P:M and Melee only, we don't have a HDMI capture card for Sm4sh unfortunately) are already live here, though something went wrong with the recording quality settings - I've fixed them for the future, but things are a bit pixelated this week.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqQIRwTV55CjKnVkEsEiERTIoRo2DkMJu

As always, you can find the brackets at http://salemsmashfests.challonge.com/

See you guys soon!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey there everyone!

In case you missed it, we're going to be moving (once again) due to GameStar Lancaster closing down. Now that we have most everything sorted out, I can officially announce that we will be hosting our tournaments at Borderlands Games in downtown Salem!

Our schedule will also be changing to reflect this fact, and is now:
(Saturday only)
- Smash 4 Singles: 1:00pm
- Project M Singles: 1:30pm
- Melee Singles: 2:00pm
- Venue Closes: 9:00pm

We'll be at the new venue starting on May 20th, 2017 (that's next Saturday). Pre-registration will be posted soon, however we may need community assistance!

Unfortunately Borderlands doesn't have a lot of free storage space, so it's unlikely that we'll be able to store all of our TVs there throughout the week; if anyone has room for a TV (they are CRTs, so they're a bit bulky) and can reliably bring them each week, please let me know - it would be a huge help!

Thanks, and I'll see you there!
(Pre-registration for May 20th: https://goo.gl/forms/eOfaxcaUKPfNZHSx2 )

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Thanks to everyone who made it out to our first Salem Smashfest at Borderlands Games!

In the end we made it through 8(!) full brackets, actually streamed our Melee & Project: M matches through Twitch, and had a great event overall!

I am going to be implementing some sort of rule to reduce some of the slowdowns we ran into during the event (likely limiting the number of brackets any one person can be in - no doubles & 3 redemption brackets or anything, lol) - I'm still figuring out the specifics there though, so stay tuned for that!

Results are as follows:

=====< Smash 4 >
2nd) Jaxas
3rd) Aguila
ASB) Dunks

Doubles:
1st) Jaxas & Zeno
2nd) Aguila & (G~Man, TCD -> "FC" TrippyTips" -> AxinFox)

=====< Project: M >
2nd) Jaxas
3rd) BabiesGordie
ASB) DJKK

=====< Melee >
1st) Connor
2nd) Saucy Pirate
ASB) DJKK

Doubles:
1st) Connor & Angel
2nd) Mr. Zing & DJKK

As always you can find the brackets at
http://salemsmashfests.challonge.com/

See you all next week!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey Smash 4 players, I have something fun for you!
(Also, in case you didn't know you don't have to actually mod your system to be able to run mods - all you need is an SD Card and internet access on your Wii U!)

Salem Smashfests TE Logo.png

This is the first official release of the Salem Smashfests Tournament Edition pack, or SSF:TE for short.
It's a Smash 4 Modpack that comes with all sorts of helpful mods (Changing the default rules to 2 stock, 6 minutes, team attack on? Check! Having a page exclusively list the legal stages? Check!), as well as quite a few character skins and music additions!

There are two versions of SSF:TE - the 'Lite' version and the 'Full" version.
- The 'Lite' version only contains the bare minimum for easy tournament readiness - no skins, exactly 1 music track, etc.
- The 'Full' version contains everything, and should be thought of as the normal version. However, it does require a 2GB SD Card to hold all of it, so if you only have a 1GB SD Card for some reason grab the Lite version!

Installation instructions are included in the downloads, so go grab them!
- SSF:TE [v1.0 - Full]: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0RkV7vq3fmBSDFuUE9NLXV6YVk/view
- SSF:TE [v1.0 - Lite]: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0RkV7vq3fmBWmdwR2NSdVg4UEE/view

Please let me know if you run into any issues - also, please note that this mod is NOT guaranteed to be WiFi safe (in fact it likely isn't - I haven't tested it, though).

Thanks!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, sorry but there was a miscommunication with Borderlands so unfortunately they don't have space for us today - and since all the other stores I called were also full all events today are cancelled.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Thanks to everyone who made it out this weekend! Unfortunately we had some issues with setups and internet, but we still got through the main brackets and had time for some friendlies afterwards!

Smash 4:
2nd) SSF|Jaxas
3rd) FedVsRafaugh (RubRub)
ASB) AxinFox

Melee:
1st) Connor
2nd) Nick
3rd) Saucy Pirate

Project M:
1st) Nick
2nd) SSF|Jaxas

All recorded matches are currently uploading to this playlist - they should all be up in the next few hours! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqQIRwTV55Cj6aZDMjOALnzCCaYp8yCOt

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Yo, thanks to everyone who made it out this weekend!
Sorry I couldn't make it (being sick sucks, as do finals lol), but it sounds like Saucy Pirate & G~man held down the fort!

Smash 4:
1st) Nikki
2nd) Jose
3rd) G~Man, TCD

Melee:
1st) The Magnum Dragon
2nd) Saucy Pirate

See you guys next week!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone,
sorry that this week was such a mess - we ended up not being able to run either Melee or Project: M, but we at least got through the full Smash 4 bracket by the end of the day!

Smash 4 Singles:
1st) Sunny
2nd) BurritoLuv
3rd) SSF|Jaxas
ASB) Shy

Recorded matches should be up soon, as will pre-reg!

Finally, it looks like someone might have walked off with my Wii U Gamecube Controller Adapter - if you find an extra one, please let me know!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone,
sorry that this week was such a mess - we ended up not being able to run either Melee or Project: M, but we at least got through the full Smash 4 bracket by the end of the day!

Smash 4 Singles:
1st) Sunny
2nd) BurritoLuv
3rd) SSF|Jaxas
ASB) Shy

Recorded matches should be up soon!

Finally, it looks like someone might have walked off with my Wii U Gamecube Controller Adapter - if you find an extra one, please let me know!

Also, pre-registration for this Saturday (June 24th) is now live: https://goo.gl/forms/2WjZR8UFTcxaxXKY2

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Thanks to everyone who made it out this weekend!

Smash 4:
1st) K-****
2nd) G~Man, the Cosmic Destroyer
3rd) BBoyMVB
ASB) Dunks

Smash 4 Doubles:
1st) K-**** & SSF|Jaxas
2nd) BurritoLuv & AxinFox

Project M:
2nd) SSF|Jaxas

Melee:
1st) SSF|Jaxas
2nd) Biscuit

As always, all the matches can be found here: http://salemsmashfests.challonge.com/

See you in TWO WEEKS - there's no SSF tournament next week due to Super SmashNest v16!

Top Bottom