• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Orbitar: Ultimate every other Friday! (YOU MUST PREREGISTER)

Orbitar: Ultimate every other Friday! (YOU MUST PREREGISTER)
Posted by Cyrrona
GameWorks
Friday, February 7, 2020 - 05:30 PM
Until: Friday, February 7, 2020 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Does anybody know when our next tournament is going to be?
I'll announce dates here once we find space.

Have you thought about holding the tournament on the UW campus? There have been tourneys held here in the Maple Great Room and the Intellectual House, they're pretty decent-sized venues. Plus that would mean I wouldn't have to struggle to get off my lazy butt and take a bus downtown. :p
Appreciate the suggestion. We've considered it, but legal issues prevent money from changing hands at such an event if it's on UW campus. Other tournaments there were majors and could use advance registration to sidestep the entry-fee problem, but that barrier to entry probably wouldn't work as well for a weekly/bi-weekly series.

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
True, I guess using smash.gg for every single event would be kind of a hassle. Maybe Gameworks would be an option?

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Quick update: We’re still ironing out details, but we aim to return in April. In the meantime, we’ve imported our previous brackets into Smashboards! You can check out the results and claim your placings here.

As always, thanks for all of your patience and support—can’t wait to get rolling again. :)

Customs allowed?
Not in standard singles brackets, though we may have side events in the future.

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Any word for this week or next week?
Nothing this week and likely nothing next week, but we're doing our best to finalize things with our new venue as quickly as possible. I'll update this thread with event dates as soon as we have them. There's some exciting stuff in the works, so stay tuned!

Luigiguy42

Smash Cadet
Nothing this week and likely nothing next week, but we're doing our best to finalize things with our new venue as quickly as possible. I'll update this thread with event dates as soon as we have them. There's some exciting stuff in the works, so stay tuned!
Sounds great! Can't wait to do more tourneys!

Luigiguy42

Smash Cadet
Sorry for double post, but I had a quick question. Due to the recent ban of Bayonetta in Spain and the soft ban of Bayonetta in the U.S.A, do you plan on leaving her playable or banning her? Many top players support the ban, and I just wanted your opinion on the matter.

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Sorry for double post, but I had a quick question. Due to the recent ban of Bayonetta in Spain and the soft ban of Bayonetta in the U.S.A, do you plan on leaving her playable or banning her? Many top players support the ban, and I just wanted your opinion on the matter.
She'll remain playable. ("Soft ban" is a stretch imo--as far as I know, only Chicago has really done something like that in the states.)

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Is this still going on every 2nd and 4th Friday?
Is this tournament series still going on?
any word on a new location of the tourney?
At long last...Orbitar is BACK. Thanks to our new partners at GameWorks, we've even managed to stay in downtown Seattle!

A few changes and things of note:

1) GameWorks is letting us use their 10 gaming monitors for the series, so screen inconsistency and delay should effectively be nonfactors.
2) Brackets will have a $2 venue fee that will go entirely toward our use of GameWorks' space and equipment.
3) GameWorks becomes 18+ after 10 PM. All ages are allowed to enter, but those under 18 will have to leave regardless of their position in bracket once 10 PM rolls around.
4) Bringing consoles that we use for brackets will still waive all entry fees. (No need to worry about lugging screens around anymore, though!)
5) If we get enough consoles for our monitors and can finish brackets with enough time to spare, we plan to roll out an additional event (potentially starting a bit earlier) at each future Orbitar. Help us out with supplies and bracket efficiency so we can make the hype bonus stuff happen!

The OP's been updated with these details and more. Thanks for the continued support and interest, guys. We've missed you, and we're excited to be back. :)

Last edited:

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Last edited:

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Couple format changes moving forward--check the OP for details. See you all next week!

ArNoh

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArthNosen
3DS FC
4613-8119-5573
Finally after 6 months of waiting I get to go to Orbitar again! Hope to see you guys there!

ArNoh

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArthNosen
3DS FC
4613-8119-5573
Anybody know when the vods will be up on twitch from yesterday?

RubiksWiiU

Smash Rookie
NNID
DrawMii
3DS FC
0018-1488-2972
Hey, quick question. If we are planning to go, do we need to sign up on smashboards or something? or do we just register when we get there? Also, does the spots for registering fill up pretty quick?

ArNoh

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArthNosen
3DS FC
4613-8119-5573
Hey, quick question. If we are planning to go, do we need to sign up on smashboards or something? or do we just register when we get there? Also, does the spots for registering fill up pretty quick?
You sign up when you get there. There isn't a specific amount of spots so usually anybody who enters gets a spot. The only problem is friendlies as they tend to fill up pretty quickly.

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Anybody know when the vods will be up on twitch from yesterday?
We just got access to the new Twitch account, so they should be up shortly on twitch.tv/GameWorksSeattle.
EDIT: nvm, VODs here!

Also...we're excited to announce the addition of extra brackets on top of our traditional singles one! Events will alternate between a paid doubles bracket and a free special bracket--check back to see what we've got in store each time! To kick things off, we'll be rocking DOUBLES this week. Check the OP for updated schedules!

Last edited:

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
In addition to our regular singles competition, the upcoming Orbitar features our first-ever special event! To kick them off, we've heard the cries of PNW Smash 4... Finally, you can take rules into your own hands with the B& BRACKET. When players can bar characters from use, who'll be left standing? The full ruleset is outlined in the OP.

Qphex

Smash Rookie
Is it okay if I bring a setup with dlc but doesn't have all the dlc stages? But the dreamland and the characters stages, since omegas stages are allowed if agreed.

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Is it okay if I bring a setup with dlc but doesn't have all the dlc stages? But the dreamland and the characters stages, since omegas stages are allowed if agreed.
If it has Dream Land and the DLC characters, you're good to go!

Alejandro569

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm new to tournaments and want to go to this as my first one to meet some people and see where I stand. Any advice? Should I just show up to frameworks and figure stuff out?

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Hi, I'm new to tournaments and want to go to this as my first one to meet some people and see where I stand. Any advice? Should I just show up to frameworks and figure stuff out?
Our event takes place upstairs above the restaurant--if you need help finding it, a GameWorks employee should be able to point you in the right direction. Other than that, just bring a controller, make sure you show up before your desired bracket's start time, and enjoy!

Alejandro569

Smash Rookie
Our event takes place upstairs above the restaurant--if you need help finding it, a GameWorks employee should be able to point you in the right direction. Other than that, just bring a controller, make sure you show up before your desired bracket's start time, and enjoy!
Thanks!

Reym43

Smash Rookie
I've never gone to any tourneys (outside my school) but are there controllers there or do you have to bring your own?

ArNoh

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArthNosen
3DS FC
4613-8119-5573
I've never gone to any tourneys (outside my school) but are there controllers there or do you have to bring your own?
You have to bring your own, unless someone is nice enough to bring 2.

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
Reminder: no Orbitar tonight--nearly all of the TOs are traveling or otherwise occupied. We'll be back on 10/14!

Cyrrona

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyrrona
FYI: We're back next Friday (10/14)!

EDIT: Due to a scheduling conflict with GameWorks, we won't have time to run a second bracket this week--it'll be Singles only. Our special Triples bracket will debut in Orbitar 14.

Last edited:
Top Bottom