• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Apr 27, 2014] Super Smash Sundays East Coast # 3! $100 Melee Pot Bonus! (Red Bank, New Jersey)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLDL

Smash Hero

YESTERcades & MGFC are proud to present Super Smash Sundays East Coast Edition! This will be a Bi-weekly Sunday tournament held in New Jersey for all four smash games!

April 27, 2014 - CURRENT FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE < -RSVP HERE

YESTERcades
80 Broad Street
Red Bank, New Jersey 07701

• Venue Fee: $10.00 (Tournament Only Pass)
  • $15.00 (Gets you a DAY PASS, unlimited access to ALL ARCADE GAMES / CONSOLE GAMES until closing!!)
  • Melee Singles: $5.00
  • Brawl Singles: $5.00
  • Project M Singles: $5.00
  • Smash 64 Singles: $5.00

Signups 2:00pm - 3:30pm
Brackets Begin at 4:00pm.

http://www.apex-series.com/rules/

YESTERcades is currently in the planning process of expanding the arcade for more room. When the renovations are complete, the SSSEC live stream will be brought to you by CLASH Tournaments! (Clash may or may not be streaming the first few events depending on renovations)

Last edited:

Nessie092

Smash Rookie
Is it worth going, im just starting to get into smash and this would be my first tournament. It seems really fun any suggestions?

LLDL

Smash Hero
Is it worth going, im just starting to get into smash and this would be my first tournament. It seems really fun any suggestions?
It is most definitely worth attending, and you will have a great time! Come and be social and get in a lot of practice games, also watch a lot of matches and soak in the information!

Nessie092

Smash Rookie
Alright thanks ill try to attend, i have church on sunday's but ill see if i can go because im really hyped for it ^_^

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Not trying to be a ****, but is that Facebook count accurate? I'm only asking because I wanted to get some practice in against some good 64 players before I go to WHOBO, but if there's only 12 people my guess is most of them won't be 64 players. I'm from Georgia so it'd really suck to drive 11 hours and have nobody to play with. I'm gonna try busking and **** for gas money so that's not what I'm worried about. I wish it wasn't so hard to find good 64 players in person. I can't ever play online without desynching.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Not trying to be a ****, but is that Facebook count accurate? I'm only asking because I wanted to get some practice in against some good 64 players before I go to WHOBO, but if there's only 12 people my guess is most of them won't be 64 players. I'm from Georgia so it'd really suck to drive 11 hours and have nobody to play with. I'm gonna try busking and **** for gas money so that's not what I'm worried about. I wish it wasn't so hard to find good 64 players in person. I can't ever play online without desynching.
all of the best players on the east coast were at the last event. here are the results from last sunday http://smashboards.com/threads/supe...oast-2-results-04-06-2014-red-bank-nj.351916/

I just put up the event, so only 12 have RSVP'd so far. It is usually about 30-40 count on facebook as it gets closer to the event. Still, it is taking a gamble (as some players can't always make it out) so I can't ask you to make such a long trip.

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry I do really stupid stuff all the time. I've seen a lot of those guys matches from Apex though and I'd love to play against some of them. If it looks like anybody cool is showing up I'll definitely make the trip because I don't have a job and my life is pointless without video games.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Venue is now just a normal $10.00 venue for tournament only/friendlies. For just $5.00 more, you will receive a day pass for unlimited arcade game access / gameplay. All of the arcade games are set to free play.

However, remember that if you opt for the $10.00 venue, you are NOT to play any of the arcade games without upgrading to the $15.00 day pass.

This can only last as long as we continue to get a decent showing! I hope for this next event in 2 weeks to be the biggest yet!

Last edited:

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
athens you should play online dawg
I've actually played a few games on Smash FU but I just don't have a good enough connection, it desyncs a lot. I've played against YBOMBB and some other good players but I think it was so laggy that it didn't really feel like a real match. If anybody wants to set up some p2p games though I'd be down, as soon as I get one of these badboys: http://www.amazon.com/May-Flash-Con...97662433&sr=8-1&keywords=MayFlash+n64+adapter

I just saw the stream from last Sunday's event on youtube. Looks like a lot of fun.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Venue is now just a normal $10.00 venue for tournament only/friendlies. For just $5.00 more, you will receive a day pass for unlimited arcade game access / gameplay. All of the arcade games are set to free play.

However, remember that if you opt for the $10.00 venue, you are NOT to play any of the arcade games without upgrading to the $15.00 day pass.

This can only last as long as we continue to get a decent showing! I hope for this next event in 2 weeks to be the biggest yet!
Any idea of the arcade games there, is itg/ddr there for example, might want to warm up if I am going to this

Also, my controller was stolen at Apex so I'd need to borrow.

This applies to both the gamecube and n64 controller, the n64 controller being from when it came out and the gamecube being one from when that came out.

If that guy is reading this, congrats.

Last edited:

Rykard

Smash Ace
actually, I just realized this is sunday since I'm stupid and can't read so this may hinder my ability to possibly attend this

LLDL

Smash Hero
actually, I just realized this is sunday since I'm stupid and can't read so this may hinder my ability to possibly attend this
Lol no problem.

Any idea of the arcade games there, is itg/ddr there for example, might want to warm up if I am going to this

Also, my controller was stolen at Apex so I'd need to borrow.

This applies to both the gamecube and n64 controller, the n64 controller being from when it came out and the gamecube being one from when that came out.

If that guy is reading this, congrats.
We don't have any rythm or dance games at the moment.

buzz719

Smash Rookie
I can't get there until 4:00 but I really want to sign up for project m, so would it be possible for me to register over the phone or something and then arrive before the tournament for pm starts? If not then is there going to be a stream this week? because I want to at least be able to watch it...

LLDL

Smash Hero
I can't get there until 4:00 but I really want to sign up for project m, so would it be possible for me to register over the phone or something and then arrive before the tournament for pm starts? If not then is there going to be a stream this week? because I want to at least be able to watch it...
you'll be alright.

My cell is 732-962-5467, you'll be able to make the tournament

LLDL

Smash Hero
This Sunday we will have a $100 Melee pot bonus to be paid out to the top 5 players!

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Well its Wednesday and my computer broke on monday. I had to buy a new one and I really don't have any money to travel this weekend. Have fun y'all

Justice For Persona

Smash Rookie

YESTERcades & MGFC are proud to present Super Smash Sundays East Coast Edition! This will be a Bi-weekly Sunday tournament held in New Jersey for all four smash games!

YESTERcades
80 Broad Street

• $15.00 (Gets you a DAY PASS, unlimited access to ALL ARCADE GAMES / CONSOLE GAMES until closing!!)

YESTERcades is currently in the planning process of expanding the arcade for more room. When the renovations are complete, the SSSEC live stream will be brought to you by CLASH Tournaments! (Clash may or may not be streaming the first few events depending on renovations)

YESTERcades
80 Broad Street

This is gonna be my 3rd time going to this place. Anyone who's on the fence, its totally worth it. A lot of people complemented me and taught me a lot of things like moonwalking and the basics of multi-shining. I hope i can get way farther in the bracket this time. I might be bringing some singles so if anyone see's a 12 year old kid playing falco money match me a buck :D .
Anyway this is gonna be a lot of fun. I was wondering is this one gonna be streamed on twitch instead of hitbox? No prob with hitbox just wondering if its getting streamed. Thanks again guys.

LLDL

Smash Hero
This is gonna be my 3rd time going to this place. Anyone who's on the fence, its totally worth it. A lot of people complemented me and taught me a lot of things like moonwalking and the basics of multi-shining. I hope i can get way farther in the bracket this time. I might be bringing some singles so if anyone see's a 12 year old kid playing falco money match me a buck :D .
Anyway this is gonna be a lot of fun. I was wondering is this one gonna be streamed on twitch instead of hitbox? No prob with hitbox just wondering if its getting streamed. Thanks again guys.
Yeah this one will be streamed on Twitch.tv/clashtournaments, and JusticeForPersona you're one of my favorite players! It makes me so happy seeing the younger players come out to each event. See you guys there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom