• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 26, 2014] SCG Pres. the OK Invitational ft. M2K, Sethlon, Strong Bad, Oracle,... (Norman, Ok)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3DS FC
5301-0744-1149

YO CHAMPS IN MAKING! WE HERE IN OKLAHOMA HAVE BEEN BUILDING THE SCENE SINCE SUPER BIT WARS 2 (NOV. 30TH) AND SINCE THEN WE HAVE BEEN BURSTING AT THE SEAMS FOR OUT OF STATE COMPETITION. WE PLAN ON TRAVELING ACROSS THE COUNTRY SOON. UNTIL THEN WE INVITE ALL OF OUR NEIGHBORING STATES AND THEN SOME TO SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT!

We will be going about time frames a bit different here at this one. Due to TX possibly not being able to stay, we will do all of PM on the first day. Top 16 melee and brawl will be sunday if need be. Registration will end 30 min before your event takes place. like all smash events, these time frames are subject to change so do make it ASAP. if you are not going to beat the time frame attempt to let the event host know and we will do all we can with out inconveniencing others to set you up.

Times
Day 1
Project M doubles start at 11:30am
Project M pools start at 1:30pm
Project M Bracket starts at 3:30pm
Melee doubles start at 6:00pm
Brawl doubles start at 6:00pm
Melee bracket starts at 7:00pm
Brawl bracket starts at 7:00pm

Day 2
Melee and Brawl top 16 12:30pm
ASG allday only 25 cent entry!

Rules
All rules will be Apex originated. for those who need a refreshing links to apex rule sets are below

https://www.apex-series.com/rules/projectm/

https://www.apex-series.com/rules/brawl/

https://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/

Housing
anybody who needs housing will be accommodated by local smashers just let us know.

streaming
Tourney Locator - Brawl & PM top 8

Stock Cancel Gaming - Melee & PM top 8

YouTube

Stock Cancel Gaming

Tourney Locator

Parking and maps
there is a parking garage that connects to the building that is free on weekends. all meters are free on weekends.
the heritage room is on the second floor. just take the stairs at the ground level entrance and take a right.
(second floor map)

Food and drink
since this is on campus the union building usually does have a restaurant in the basement that is open. if for whatever reason it isnt here is a list of whats within walking distance

Facebook
(join!!!)

Reddit
(upvote!)

TourneyLocator

Twitter

SCG FB

SCG Homepage

also for those who just dont know about OK smashers.... i leave this for alil hype and a grin.

Last edited:

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
We've been doing singles before doubles at the past few smashfests we've had. That said, Waterless Fishie has a point. Building the hype for PM singles GFs would be pretty cool.

EZPZ

Smash Apprentice
I guess I have no excuse to not go. Will try to get some friends to go as well.

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
If you need/want to carpool you can post in the facebook page in my sig. Quite a few OKC people are going.

EZPZ

Smash Apprentice
I actually go to OU so a ride isn't an issue. Thanks though.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
sweet dude that would be awesome. i know its the same time as another tourney in houston i think...but you guys have tournaments like opra gives out free ****. im trying to get ARK,MO,NM,KS,TX involved in this one

Keys

Smash Cadet
If I'm back from Vegas in time which I think I should be not sure yet... I'll come. Will need housing if that is the case. I'll keep you posted.

EZPZ

Smash Apprentice
Cool, I do too. If you ever want to play, I live in the Honors dorm where I've got a pretty decent mini-scene going on.
I've actually heard about it, me and my friends may come check it out soon.

EZPZ

Smash Apprentice
You go to OU too irish dude?

The other week I actually played Bassem if you guys know him and I did better than I thought I would tbh.

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Oh yeah, Bassem's legit. At least, when I played him in Brawl he was legit. Are you saying he's picked up PM?

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
nah i live in moore. good ol retired brawl wario bassem. hes a cool dude. Type Ex always uses his tag now in tourneys to troll on him lol

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Denti is throwing free money at everyone! if you click the competing button on the Tourneylocator event page, he will offer you a $5 mm for free in brawl or PM. if you win you get $5. if you lose, you lose nothing! pretty awesome stuff to get the word out

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
dakpo sighting. you guys convincing Sethlon and Oracle to come up? im gonna talk to Infinity

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
alright we got over 30 confirmed. this thread doesnt do the entrant count justice! lol btw Pre Reg is up. link in the info

SCG|Mr.Deedz

Smash Rookie
If this was aimed at me, most likely because I suck lol. I fully expect to lose quickly this tourney, just going to see how I fare.
yo man.. it's about the good times and the level ups. There are no "Why do you play this game" BS in Oklahoma. (Trust me! they've had to deal with me picking the game back up after 5 long years of not playing smash at all.) I'm not great but they teach me new stuff all the time. Flashing Fire can teach you things yo!

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i posted in the thread but they usually dont seem interested. if you can work your magic that would be awesome.

Run DMX

Smash Cadet
If you're referring to the KC/Lawrence Smashers thread on Facebook, they are pretty much "retired." The Brawl crew from Lawrence is still going, but most of them are switching to PM and we got some newcomers from the KC area all for PM as well, including me. The problem is convincing them to go >.>

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
it was the brawl smashboards thread. atleast i thought i posted.. either way i hope they show! thatd be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom