Introducing the first Fighter’s Edge Championship. As a new company in the Fighting Game Community it is our
primary goal to produce events that the FGC are proud of. We are starting small and hope that with the rst few
events we can gain the respect and trust of the community.
This event will take place at our studio location in DuQuoin, IL. and will only be able to hold
a maximum of 64 players. The full tournament details are as follows:
Yoshi’s Story Pokemon Stadium
Fountain of Dreams
- Items are set to off
- Stock and time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively
- Wobbling is legal. Wobbling past 250% will be considered stalling and is not allowed.
- Double Blind: If elected
- Contest Port Priority: If elected
- Neutral Start: If elected
- DSR: You cannot counter pick to any stage you have won on ever.
- Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.
This rule takes priority over DSR. Players may NOT agree to change the number of matches to be played.
- Forced Character Selection: Off
- Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current
stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be
played, and will not count. A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on. This includes
the first match won via stage striking.
- Pausing the game shall only be legal while either player remains upon their OWN respawn platform,
and only for the purpose of summoning a tournament official or in the case of a controller malfunction.
All other pauses will incur a stock loss to the player who pauses the game.
- Any coaching that happens during the match (but not in between matches) is restricted. Players who
violate this rule will receive a warning (BOTH the player AND the person coaching the player) on the
first attempt. Players who violate this rule after a warning will be disqualified from the event and a
possible ejection from the venue.
- Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match,
the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time:
- If you are 5 minutes late: Results in a match loss
- If you are 10 minutes late: Results in a set loss
- These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner.
- All matches will be best of 3, sans semi-finals and finals, which will be best of 5.
PROJECT M RULES:
For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous
match bans 3 stages (Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not
counterpick a stage on which they won). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then
the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.
Battlefield Battlefield Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Final Destination Final Destination Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville Smashville Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 2 Pokemon Stadium 2 Wario Ware
Dreamland (64) Dreamland (64) Green Hill Zone
Fountain of Dreams Fountain of Dreams Skyloft
Yoshi’s Story (Melee) Yoshi’s Story (Melee) Skyworld
- 4 stock, 8 minutes.
- Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
- Items set to “off” and “none.”
- Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
- Dave’s Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick any stage he won on in a set.
- Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can’t be agreed upon. For doubles, the
controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.
- For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not
the Pause button, is used to steal lives.
- Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock
for the pauser.
- Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.
- If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the %
is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
- If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, Kirby/DDD’s swallow,
holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated
the move wins.
- Buffer set to off.
- Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc.
However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick
- Custom music is allowed as long as it’s not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the
official team color textures are not.
- If you want to use your own SD card, a TO must overwrite the important game files (not music) in order to
make sure there are no modifications. If you are caught cheating with modified game files, you will be
immediately DQed without refund and banned from future events.
- In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be
restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally
crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be
DQed at the TO’s discretion.
- No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs’ Rising Pound and Mario’s Up-B Walljump)
- Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.
- Giga Bowser is banned.
Prize money is guaranteed and will be paid out on the day of the tournament.
Winners will need to fill out a W9 form.
Event Date: April 26 - 27, 2014
Player Pass: $35
Player Day Pass: $20
Spectator Pass: $10
The event will be held at UGC Studios in Du Quoin, IL.
Venue Opens at 11am (CT) each day
Tournament Starts at 1PM (CT) each day
There are 2 hotels in Du Quoin, both of which are reasonably priced.
Rooms from ($70)
1520 S Washington St
Du Quoin, IL 62832
Super 8 DuQuoin
Rooms from ($60)
1010 S Jefferson Ave
Du Quoin, IL 62832
Pre-registration is available here, just go to 'event passes.'
If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask!