• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 26, 2014] 1Up Video Games Presents: Extinction [Project... (Greenville, SC)

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
1Up is having it's first Extinction tournament! We hope to provide a regular tournament location for the SCFGC to level up their game.

We will be live streaming the entire event!

We are also in the process of establishing a team to sponsor. If you're interested in being a sponsored player come to this event and compete for a spot.

We will be running UMVC3, Injustice, Project M and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Street Fighter IV AE.

Venue Fee: $5.00

Game Entry Fee: $5.00

Casuals are covered by your venue fee.

Schedule and Rule Sets

12:00pm - Sign ups

1:00pm - Injustice
Best 3/5
Winner will keep the same character. Loser may change.
Stage selection will be left up to the discretion of the players.

2:00pm - Project M
Apex rule set.

3:00pm - TTT2
Played on PS3.
Each game is 3 rounds.
Best 2/3. All finals will be 3/5.
Winner keeps same team.
Stage selection will be left to the discretion of the players.

4:00pm - UMVC3
Played on 360.
Best 3/5.

5:00pm - Street Fighter 4 AE
Played on 360.
Best 2/3. All finals will be 3/5.
Winner keeps same character, and may change ultra.

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER

VENUE RULES FOR PARKING: Do not park in front of the dry cleaning place directly beside 1Up. They have a "No Parking" sign posted in their window. Do not park in front of the Pet Salon, Upholstery store or Florist until they close. After they close the parking in front of their stores will be available. Any parking space near the road, in front of 1Up, or in front of the Nationwide building are fair game from the time you get here until you leave.

There is overflow parking to the side of the building and behind the building.

Please comply with these requests or the tournament will be shut down by the owner of the Plaza.

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
Yesss! I will (most likely) be there!! Sorry about last time, I'll pay for it by kicking everyone's butts!! Also, will P:M have Dubz or just singles?

hood+

Smash Cadet
melee plebeians have been excommunicated

Last edited:

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
Probably dubs, followed by singles whenever dubs finishes

CORRECTION: Seems Dubs is scheduled for 1pm.

Last edited:

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
My parents and I just finished watching a seminar entitled "Media on the Brain" which shows how Video Games actually strengthen the Limbic System (the part of the brain that controls emotions, impulses, animalistic instincts, the "Fight or Flight" instinct, etc.) and weakens the Frontal Lobe. (which controls your sense of compassion, your self-control, your conscience, all da good stuff, etc.) So, my parents are thinking about making me go on a "Video Game Fast" (I'm grounded) for a month, just to see if I act any different. So..... I probs can't make it to this tourney. D:

Edit: (Shout-out to Player -0!) Also, we're Christians, (shout-outs to Jesus!) so if VGs interfere with my walk with God, it's a problem. :/

Edit2: Also, I have a 3DS, but I almost never play it. Like, maybe 2 times a month. I think it might be because I only have 3 games, NSMB2, Fire Emblem: Awakening (Custom Character for SM4SH!!!) and Angry Birds Trilogy. I might start playing it if I get SM4SH, or I could sell it. Which do you think I should do?

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
My parents and I just finished watching a seminar entitled "Media on the Brain" which shows how Video Games actually strengthen the Limbic System (the part of the brain that controls emotions, impulses, animalistic instincts, the "Fight or Flight" instinct, etc.) and weakens the Frontal Lobe. (which controls your sense of compassion, your self-control, your conscience, all da good stuff, etc.) So, my parents are thinking about making me go on a "Video Game Fast" (I'm grounded) for a month, just to see if I act any different. So..... I probs can't make it to this tourney. D:
Wow, that's brutal... Although I got you covered, man. Show them this one:
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-video-games-make-you-smarter-2012-12?op=1

For me, games calm me down (physically proven by a medstudent-friend lol), so it's a benefit for me. (shrug)

Edit2: Also, I have a 3DS, but I almost never play it. Like, maybe 2 times a month. I think it might be because I only have 3 games, NSMB2, Fire Emblem: Awakening (Custom Character for SM4SH!!!) and Angry Birds Trilogy. I might start playing it if I get SM4SH, or I could sell it. Which do you think I should do?
-Get Kid Icarus and Link Between Worlds.
-Have fun.
-Repeat.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
-Get Kid Icarus and Link Between Worlds.
-Have fun.
-Repeat.
After many cycles, I have bought these games numerous times, and have run completely out of money. I thought I could still go on as long as I was having fun with the games, but after so many 100% runs I stopped having fun; I even broke all the speedrun records.
I have resorted to eating the game manuals, providing the minimum nourishment my body requires. Perhaps if nintendo hadn't gone green with their packaging, the larger manuals could sustain me more efficiently.
PLEASE SEND HELP
Excited for the tournament, gonna tell -0 and Soni about it and RSVP when I know I can get them to come.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero

Edit: (Shout-out to Player -0!) Also, we're Christians, (shout-outs to Jesus!) so if VGs interfere with my walk with God, it's a problem. :/

Wait, why random shoutouts to me?

And not start choking in Dubz and trying to Spin to Win too hard

Edit - Could you explain an extinction tournament? I'm not really sure what it is. Might be a TFG thingy.

Edit 2 - Is probably the tournament name.

Last edited:

graymansnel

Smash Cadet
I might come, I lucked out on the last one because all of my plans fell through like a fat guy through the roof of the doughnut shop. Depends. I'll talk to a few friends, I'm definitely not coming alone. :/

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
What are the turnouts for these tournaments usually like?
We haven't had a multi-game tournament like this one, but the last smash Carolina (Melee and pm) had like 40+ entrants into PM singles

Top Bottom