• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Apr 25, 2015] The Official TGC event #2 (Houston, Tx)! See post #26 for Mewtwo/DuckHunt challenge!

frogy

Smash Rookie
I payed for the Venue and Singles but it did not let me print off a ticket... All it did was send me a paypal email saying i payed. Could i just show the email at the Venue and be let in?

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
These prices look quite a bit better now, but why don't we get...

two dollar slices?

Nike.

Smash Hero
I am confirmed for this event and will be bringing:

• 8 19-inch tv's (there a little small for doubles though)
  • A wiiu with smash4
  • 4 gamecube adapters
I'm also not entering anything so I'll be happy to help out the best TO in Texas if needed <3

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Dang between me and Nike, we are gonna have a whole section of the venue just for our setups.

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 I believe thats some meme related to luigi's Fair.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I registered! Time to not practice.

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
I paid for registration and venue fee but have no idea how we're providing proof. Are we just taking the paypal receipt? It's not working through eventbrite anymore, right?

Also, not even sure if the payment did take my tag or if it associated my 1v1 registration to the venue fee payment, lol.. it's all very strange :p

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I paid for registration and venue fee but have no idea how we're providing proof. Are we just taking the paypal receipt? It's not working through eventbrite anymore, right?

Also, not even sure if the payment did take my tag or if it associated my 1v1 registration to the venue fee payment, lol.. it's all very strange :p

Bring receipts. You should have 2. 1 for the venue and 1 for singles.

When buying the 1vs1 fee it asks for your gamer tag.

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
Bring receipts. You should have 2. 1 for the venue and 1 for singles.

When buying the 1vs1 fee it asks for your gamer tag.
Crap.. I might have overlooked that part, then. It went straight to asking for my password then the confirm pay. You could still change it when I check in, right? Sorry XD

cardboardowl

Smash Apprentice
Crap.. I might have overlooked that part, then. It went straight to asking for my password then the confirm pay. You could still change it when I check in, right? Sorry XD
I also didn't see anything prompting me to provide my tag when paying the entry fee for 1v1.
I was prompted for my tag when paying the venue fee. So now I need to find A way to get my tag in there so I can get seeded otherwise I just would have paid cash at the venue.

Last edited:

Xyro77

I also didn't see anything prompting me to provide my tag when paying the entry fee for 1v1.
I was prompted for my tag when paying the venue fee. So now I need to find A way to get my tag in there so I can get seeded otherwise I just would have paid cash at the venue.

I tried to register myself and I see the box to add my tag. Yall just missed it.

Don't worry about it. There are 2 things we can do.

1. Right now, post HERE the name that you registered and the tag you want to go by.

2. Bring your confirmation email/receipt and remind me of your tag when you check in.

Edit: bring a full set-up.

Grapevine

Smash Rookie
NNID
ButtOut
What's the absolute minimum size for a Monitor/TV you'd like? I have a Wii U and Two Adapters. Is a 20 inch good enough?

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
I tried to register myself and I see the box to add my tag. Yall just missed it.

1. Right now, post HERE the name that you registered and the tag you want to go by.

2. Bring your confirmation email/receipt and remind me of your tag when you check in.

Oooooohhhh!!! It was right below my address! I didn't see that, haha. It looks like part of the address line. Again, my mistake, sorry.

My tag is NanaSuki. Name with which I registered is Ricardo ^_^

I am taking a full setup, btw, lol. See you Saturday, Xyro.

Last edited:

cardboardowl

Smash Apprentice

The name is Joshua
The Tag is Owl

Teshie U

Smash Lord
What's the absolute minimum size for a Monitor/TV you'd like? I have a Wii U and Two Adapters. Is a 20 inch good enough?
20 inch is fine, I've seen singles played on the gamepad which is like 7 inches. Not every setup is needed for doubles and small TVs are fine for singles so you can get more setups in at each table.

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
My names Tristan and went by RageToast
My friend payed for venue, but I believe that also asked for my tag which he included.
On behalf of Frogy, that's his tag and his name is Michael.

Xyro77

Hey, guys! Xyro here.
This is the 2nd to last TGC 2 smash 4 update/reminder! I will do one more tomorrow and that will be it on my end.

1. TGC 2 is 2 days away. April 25th is the day.

2. Online pre-reg closes in 8.5 hours. By midnight i close online pre-reg. If you want to pre-reg online (buy the venue pass and 1vs1 pass) do so here on the first post of this thread: www.smashboards.com/threads/apr-25-2015-the-official-tgc-event-2-houston-tx-see-post-26-for-mewtwo-duckhunt-challenge.394551/ you can always register offline/in person if you dont make the midnight deadline. Ill turn no one away at the door.

3. Mewtwo is legal in teams/singles but not every WiiU will have him unlocked. So If you "main" him, you run the risk of not being able to choose him on certain setups. I highly recommend you have a 2ndary character available. You have been warned.

4. As always, TGC desperately needs full setups (WiiU/tv/ssb4) in order to run this event in a timely manner. If you bring a full set-up, you will be compensated.

5. Sign-ups/registration/set-up begins at 10am but I highly recommend you get to the venue at 9am because lines will be long and you will need time to warm-up or try out Mewtwo. 2vs2 starts at 12. 1vs1 will start soon after (around 2pm).

6. This event will be the starting event of the post-patch Official Houston Power Ranking so please do your best and crush EVERYBODY you meet. The next Houston PR update will happen right before Lucas is released in June.

7. This event also marks the beginning of a character challenge that I will do at all future TGC events. For more info on this challenge, please go to post #26 on this thread: www.smashboards.com/threads/apr-25-2015-the-official-tgc-event-2-houston-tx-see-post-26-for-mewtwo-duckhunt-challenge.394551/

8. Though not required, i would love it if you all brought $5 and $1 bills when registering with me at TGC. Having these bills in abundance helps speed up the registration process as well as payouts.

9. The patch that came out a few days ago has nerfed Diddy Kong. REJOICE!!!!

10. If you have any questions or comments, please message me on FB (Allan Sims), smashboards (Xyro77), Twitter (@ Xyro77 Xyro77 ) or through email at was7x@hotmail.com (title the email "TGC 2").

Edit: I am the best Samus in the entire Southwest. #DealWithIt

Aqueeous

Smash Rookie
I had a few questions regarding bringing set ups. 1. can a bring a flat screen for melee even though it has a few ms of lag time?
2. I also have a Wii u i want to bring i have 2 replica controllers that plug into the Wii remotes i just don't have the GameCube controller adapter, or another tv.

I was curious because i want to help out as much as i can and would be glad to bring both of the consoles. i'm about to sign up and i don't want to say i'm bringing anything if i can't.

Allen Abudu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2337-5689-9442
Hey. So I know this is kinda late but can I bring a wireless gamecube controller? I mean, I have a wired one but i like using my wireless one. I also have my 3DS too. Thank You.

Xyro77

Yes you can bring a wireless controller but make sure you unsync/take out the batteries after every match.

Xyro77

TGC 2 is tomorrow! This is my last post.

Please be at the venue by 9am for sign-up, check-in and warm ups. Once the event starts, no friendlies, so get there early.

We really need full set-ups (WiiU+smash 4+TV). You will be compensated for your full setup if you bring it. Half off venue or free drinks.

If you use a wireless controller, please unsync/take your batteries out after each match so that it doesn't mess up the other matches going on.

2vs2 will be at noon. Pools will start at 2pm.

If you need anything please let me know.

See ya tomorrow :)

Top Bottom