• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Apr 25, 2015] The Official TGC event #2 (Houston, Tx)! See post #26 for Mewtwo/DuckHunt challenge!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGC.jpg

Welcome to the official Texas Gaming Championships event #2! TGC is a professional video game championship series featuring the best players from around Texas competing in variety of tournaments to see who is the supreme champion. All TGC events will feature top player rankings in Super Smash Bros Wii U, Ultra Street Fighter 4, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Killer Instinct, BYOC (Bring Your Own Console) area, social gaming atmosphere and much more as we expand into other ventures. So come check out TGC, make some new friends and see some of high level players compete in tournaments in some of your favorite games!

April 25th, 2015. Please be at the venue by 10:00am for set-up, registration, check-in and warm ups. Registration for each game will end 10min before each event start time. There will be absolutely no admittance into any event after the event starts. We have the venue for 15 hours and these events may run until the 15th hour so please plan ahead by clearing your schedule for the entire day.

Le Jardin Events
17103 Bamwood Road, Houston, TX 77090
(281) 580-2547

http://lejardinevents.com/

Though you are allowed to show up when the doors open, registration/practice for each event will end 10 minutes before that event starts.

Registration/Check-in/Practice for Smash 4 @ 10:00am
Smash 4 2vs2 (WiiU) @ 12:00pm
Smash 4 1vs1 (WiiU) @ 2:00pm
Food Break @ 5:00pm
Leave The Venue @ 1:00am

NOTE 1: For all other game times, please go here.

NOTE 2: In order to provide a smooth tournament experience for all attendees, no one is allowed to enter more than 3 games in total.

Venue Fee = $10
You can pay the venue fee here.
All players/spectators must pay a venue fee. If paid online, please bring a printed receipt or show us the receipt on your phone when you check-in. If you are going to pay in person or check-in, please be at the venue early because there will be long lines.

Smash WiiU 1vs1= $10
After paying your venue fee, please purchase a 1vs1 pass here (please type in your gamer tag/handle). Doing this will place you in a pool or bracket before you show up to TGC as well as greatly speed up the event. If you choose to purchase your 1vs1 pass in person, you will be randomly thrown into a pool or bracket without a seed. Please be at the venue early to check-in/register because lines will be long.

Smash WiiU 2vs2= $20 ($10 per person)
All 2vs2 passes will be paid for in person at the venue. Please be at the venue with your partner early to check-in/register because lines will be long.

For all other game prices, please go here

NOTE: There will be no refunds. If you have any questions, please make a post here or contact me personally.

Smash WiiU 1vs1 winners will be paid out through PayPal or by check. Smash WiiU 2vs2 winners will be paid in cash on site.

Smash 4 1vs1 (less than 128 entrants)

1st=50%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%
4th=5%
5th=2.5%
5th=2.5%

Smash 4 1vs1 (more than 128 players)

1st=45%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%
4th=5%
5th=3%
5th=3%
8th=2%
8th=2%

Smash 4 2vs2

1st=55%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%
4th=5%

For all other games see this link for payouts

All rules for the venue and any event you wish to enter can be found here. There have been massive changes to rule-set so please click the link and read them. Remember, all game rules are subject to change at any time so keep checking back.

TGC has a strict policy of ZERO friendlies and ZERO money matches once the tournament starts unless we have 20 or more full setups. A full setup is a WiiU/TV/Smash 4 or Mario kart 8. The first 10 players who bring a full setup will see half of their paid venue fee ($5) returned to them. Anyone else who brings a full setup will receive a drink coupon and/or other compensation. If you cannot bring a full setup, please bring what equipment you can. We can use everything Remember, the speed of any event is totally dependent on how much equipment is available.

www.hotels.com is a great source for finding cheap to expensive hotels. Just type in the zip code of the venue and it will find you all the hotels within 50miles of the tournament.

If you dislike spending money on hotels, www.couchsurfing.com is an alternative way of finding housing. You might make new friends along the way!

Finally, it wouldn't hurt to post in this thread to see i fellow players are housing for free.

"Official TGC event #2" Facebook Event page can be found here.

Give us a like on our home page at TGC: Texas Gaming Championships

Wanna be apart of Houston smash? Join the discussion and make friends here on SWF at the official Houston Thread

If you have any questions/concerns/comments, please post here in this thread or contact me through private message here on SmashBoards (Xyro77) or through Facebook (Allan Sims)

Last edited:

Flashblade

Smash Rookie
NNID
flashblade808
3DS FC
2895-8067-2774
If i go to this it will be my first tourney, I didn't go to the last one because i was afraid there was too many people there for my first time od you mind telling me how many people were there last time/how many people competed in Super Smash Bros Melee?

The Wall

You PC Bro?!
NNID
Zefwano
3DS FC
4356-0548-2157
If i go to this it will be my first tourney, I didn't go to the last one because i was afraid there was too many people there for my first time od you mind telling me how many people were there last time/how many people competed in Super Smash Bros Melee?
If my memory serves me right, the last one had approx. 400 people show at the venue. Most were there for Smash 4 2v2 and 1v1, with a group of about 30-40? doing Melee, and a smaller group doing some Killer Instinct. I'm not sure if Project M was actually set as a part of the tourney or not. It was my first time attending a tourney that big and I'd still say it was 100% worth it. You don't even have to compete, but just show for the hype matches, watch some skilled players do their thing and make a few friends.

Xyro77

Please remember to pay for venue and 1vs1 online so that you can be put into pools/bracket early. If you don't, you run the risk of not being seeded and thrown into the bracket/pools at random.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace

Countdown to (TGC) Texas Gaming Championships 2 begins now! 5 weeks from now is when the 2nd Texas Gaming Championships event will go down on Apr 25. TGC 1 had 400 people in attendance with players traveling from out of state and every major city in Texas. RSVP at https://www.facebook.com/events/1601497233398853 and get your tickets at http://www.tgcseries.com/TGC2 before tickets are sold out. Share this event with your friends and I have a few announcements I will be making soon so stay tuned!

Xyro77

Hey, guys! Xyro here. Houston/Texas largest tournament series (TGC) is having its 2nd event about 34 days from now. For this event, i am doing several major changes so PLEASE PLEASE read this post. It is VERY important, dont skip over it.

I have opened online registration for TGC 2 so please check the first post and register. So with your venue fee and 1vs1 fee paid for, you are 110% entered into TGC 2 and i will post your pool/bracket a few days before the event so that you can see who you face and be able to prepare for it if need be. If you do not pay online, you can still pay offline but you will not be seeded and you will be thrown into pools/bracket at random. This means you may play your best friend round 1.

The purpose of me doing online registration this time is to get you guys seeded into pools/brackets ahead of time so that you can walk into the venue, check-in and start playing matches much soon than before. This also means we can leave the venue earlier than before too.

One final thing, the rules for TGC 2 have gone through a MAJOR change. Wireless controller rules, stage rules and much more have changed. PLEASE read the rules asap because these changes have to do with every person entering TGC 2.

If you have any questions, please post in the TGC 2 Facebook group, post here or ask me.

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
Please remember to pay for venue and 1vs1 online so that you can be put into pools/bracket early. If you don't, you run the risk of not being seeded and thrown into the bracket/pools at random.
what if I bring a setup and want $5 back :^)

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace

TGC Power Rankings are now live and will be updated after every TGC event. I will be using the same ranking system I used back when I use to host weeklys at Dave and Busters for the Thursday Night Expose series. You can check out the rankings at http://www.tgcseries.com/tgcpr

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
I'm guessing wireless controllers are banned? That kinda sucks. I can't go back to a GC controller, and this kinda restricts new players from entering the scene. But I understand since wireless interference was annoying even though I use one. Wish they would make a wired pro controller. Gonna have to skip this event.

Xyro77

Did you read the rules? It says they are banned BUT you should contact your TO.

Did you?

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
No, I did not.

So, I can contact the TO of this event which will be you (just guessing)? And we go from there?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I look forward to seeing an 8-year old Wiimote user without a Facebook or Smashboards account who get turned away after wanting to go at the last second.

Last edited:

Xyro77

I look forward to seeing an 8-year old Wiimote user without a Facebook or Smashboards account who get turned away after wanting to go at the last second.
READ THE RULES BE FORE YOU MAKE FALSE ASSUMPTIONS

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I was just joking, relax, I know you will not turn away the newest of new gens.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Friend payed for my singles entry but forgot to add my tag on the paypal website
His name is Mason Ream and my tag is Gaius

Xyro77

smash_bros_wii_u_challenger_approaching_template_by_aviacsa55-d83xu7t.png

BREAKING NEWS!

Lucas has joined Smash 4! He will be available sometime in June 2015 for download! If he is released BEFORE TGC 3 (June 20th 2015), he will be legal for TGC 3. If he is released AFTER TGC 3 then he will be legal at TGC 4.

Mewtwo will be available for free on April 15th 2015 for the users who redeemed both smash wiiu/3ds codes back on 3/31/2015. The people who are forced to buy Mewtwo as DLC will be able to get him by April 28th 2015! Mewtwo is legal at TGC 2 on April 25th.

Furthermore, i have created the "Mewtwo/DuckHunt Challenge!" The Mewtwo/DuckHunt Challenge is super simple. All you have to do is make top 5 in TGC 2's 1vs1 event using ONLY Mewtwo or ONLY DuckHunt throughout the tournament. Whoever does this will receive $50 from me personally as well as get free entry in ALL events for the next TGC event he or she chooses to enter.

Now, i understand that not everybody will have access to Mewtwo on April 15th. If you are DEAD set on getting mewtwo 10 days before TGC's Mewtwo Challenge, you can:

1. Go to a friends house who has Mewtwo and practice. There are weeklies all over Houston that will happen during the first 10 days Mewtwo is available. There will also be Mewtwo launch parties.

2. Buy a Mewtwo code on Ebay. The day Mewtwo is released, you will find MANY MANY DLC codes on Ebay.

If you cant get ample training with Mewtwo, dont worry. I will be doing more challenges like these at every single TGC event so please don't think that this is a one time thing. Besides, if someone makes top 5 with DuckHunt or a 10 day old Mewtwo, they deserve the $50.

edit: If for some reason Mewtwo is NOT released before TGC 2, the challenge will then apply to DuckHunt and Pacman.

Last edited:

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
tfw I was working on link now I gotta bring back my pocket DH and actually be good in general

Xyro77

...why duckhunt? lol.
In an age of top/high tiers dominating singles, placing top 5 with DuckHunt/Mewtwo (or other under developed characters) will provide the players/viewers with something interesting/fresh to see. It might even inspire others to pick up DuckHunt/Mewtwo or other lower tier characters.

Last edited:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Watch diddy get the nerf hammer and mewtwo is super op and top 5 will be megafox and then 4 mewtwos.

Xyro77

Watch diddy get the nerf hammer and mewtwo is super op and top 5 will be megafox and then 4 mewtwos.
F that. Id be broke

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 Updating TGC2 registration info per your instruction

Name on PayPal: Mitchell Mitchell
Gamertag: SU|Remo

Thanks.
Ok great. Thank you.

Note to all: when purchasing your 1vs1 pass please include your tag! If you don't see a box to place it, include it as part of your real name when registering.

Last edited:

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
In an age of top/high tiers dominating singles, placing top 5 with DuckHunt/Mewtwo (or other under developed characters) will provide the players/viewers with something interesting/fresh to see. It might even inspire others to pick up DuckHunt/Mewtwo or other lower tier characters.
I wouldn't suggest duckhunt if you want people to be entertained... he's very campy and boring to watch.

Xyro77

I wouldn't suggest duckhunt if you want people to be entertained... he's very campy and boring to watch.
"Boring" is an opinion. And the challenge isn't meant for entertainment. It's meant to provide results and/or show people that some of underused characters and not bad. Simply, underused.

Xyro77

Online pre-registration cut-off for the Official TGC event #2 is exactly 19 days away and so if you plan on attending, please click the links on the first post to purchase your venue pass AND 1vs1 pass online (please include your gamer tag in the box or as part of your real name). Pre-registering for this online guarantees that will have a seeded spot in pools/bracket. This will also allow me to post pools/brackets ahead of time to allow players a chance to see who they will fight before they walk in the door. If you do not pre-reg you won't know who you will fight ahead of time and I will just throw you into a pool/bracket at random.

Can we beat the previous record of 209 Smash 4 1vs1 entrants that was set at TGC 1? Could we possibly do 250? Tell your friends to sign up ASAP. Let's prove once again that Houston is THE place to play Smash 4 with another recording breaking turnout!

Sonnet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kuch11
Is there going to be a stream for this event?

Xyro77

Ladies and gents! Xyro here. Online pre-registration cut-off for the Official TGC event #2 is exactly 11 days away (TGC is 12 days away btw) and so if you plan on attending, please click the link below to purchase your venue pass AND 1vs1 pass online (please include your gamer tag in the box or as part of your real name). Pre-registering for this online guarantees that will have a seeded spot in pools/bracket. This will also allow me to post pools/brackets ahead of time to allow players a chance to see who they will fight before they walk in the door. If you do not pre-reg you won't know who you will fight ahead of time and I will just throw you into a pool/bracket at random when you sign up at the door. Remember, online pre-reg isnt mandatory but it is highly recommended. You can register at the door.

Can we beat the previous record of 209 Smash 4 1vs1 entrants that was set at TGC 1? Could we possibly do 250 this time around? Share this post on your wall and tell your friends to sign up ASAP. Let's prove once again that Houston is THE place to play Smash 4 with another recording breaking turnout!

Also, dont forget about the Mewtwo/DuckHunt challenge on post #26!

FB Event Page
https://www.facebook.com/events/623049984505771/

Edit: Make sure to read the rules. Many things have changed since TGC 1.

Xyro77

Mewtwo and the game changing/diddy nerf patch has been released. All WiiUs at TGC must have this update in order to be used in tournament.

Please update your smash wiiu

Top Bottom