• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 25, 2015] MegaManor X2 (Muskegon, Mi)

W.C.N

Smash Lord
whens the Jan tourney? this says 27th which is the tuesday and i saw the post as to why. so i thought id just ask

Captain N.

Smash Rookie
I just moved to the Spring Lake area, just south of Muskegon, and I'm looking for a training crowd. PM me if you're interested and I'll attend if I feel good enough when the time comes.

Gunman1357

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gunman1357
would love to join this but don't have the time or transportation that day. Sucks. Would rather see a smash 4 tourney them melee if I could go. I also personally like pm more then melee.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Id like to come but its the same day as grime time 2 and thats closer

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
I will be there! Stage list is very interesting, most definitely gonna be banning Pilotwings a lot.. you thought Skyloft was campy?

And Lylat as a starter just makes me shudder in fear. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

ZeroToDeath

Smash Rookie
We're all for opening up the stagelist and trying out new rulesets and stagelists, which is why we're running this more liberal stagelist. We'll definitely shape the stagelist to come from player discussion after the tournament.

ZeroToDeath

Smash Rookie
Testing the stagelists for PM and looking into allowing Page 2 stages like Dracula's Castle and the edited PS1 in for Doubles. Nothing is final yet, but we'll update as soon as we can.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
MEGAMAN(or) X

Hello, potential new format! Welcome to All-Pools.

Pools grant a greater number of matches to all participants, and furthermore by using an ALL-POOLS format, the best players all get the chance at the prize, rather than Smasher A claiming first because they were able to avoid Smasher B because they met Smasher C in WF and Smasher C is capable of beating Smasher B where Smasher A cannot.

Depending on turnout, Pool Waves will have either 4 or 8 pools in which players will fight other Smashers in as much region-free conflict as possible. In 4-pool format, only the Top 2 will get out of the pool, creating two 4-man pools, in which again, Top 2 get out, creating the final 4 man pool.

Eight pools will progress similarly, with the first wave pulling the Top 2 performers out. This created four 4-man pools, in which only the Top Player in each pool gets out. These Top 4 players will then be placed in the Finals Pool.

In the event of a 2-way tie, the two plauyers will graduate into a new best of 3 set.
In the event of a 3-or-4-way tie, it causes a POOL RESET, where all four combatants must play out their pool again until a winner emerges. This is for the sake of preventing collusion.

-Arc-

Smash Rookie
So. To be clear, this is this weekend, March 28th, yeah? The girlfriend and I would like to come. I will be providing a full set up. We have a 15k race in the early morning in Grand Rapids then we are heading over. We should be on time, but our race time depending and traffic, might be a little late. Is there any way we could register for singles and teams ahead of time while we're on our way? TO, if you could text me an answer I'd appreciate it! We're really looking forward to meeting smashers from West MI!!! (906)203-1873. Names Arc. Thank you for the answers ahead of time!

W.C.N

Smash Lord
APRIL

THE BULLGOD COMES BACK...TO WEST MI!!!

All bullgod MMs will have to be organized through my manager

Last edited:

Wreckening

Smash Rookie
By far one of the best run and most fun tournament series i've ever been to. Hoping to make it again this month! I highly suggest everyone go to this if you can make it; I drive four hours to go and it's worth every cent of gas money.

MiloniVanili

Smash Apprentice
By far one of the best run and most fun tournament series i've ever been to. Hoping to make it again this month! I highly suggest everyone go to this if you can make it; I drive four hours to go and it's worth every cent of gas money.
4 hours holy **** where are you from

CRZJay

Smash Rookie
I would really love to go, its just this would be my first tournament and I don't know if I'm ready for it :/

Top Bottom