• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 19, 2015] Rubber Town Monthlies: A Super Smash Bros Melee and... (North Canton, Ohio)

Neville

ayyyy lmaooo
I'm gonna try my best to make it here, most likely I can. Coming from Youngstown though...

Edit: May not be able to now. Car broke down on my way to class today.

Last edited:

SadBoyMax

Smash Rookie
My buddy and I are gonna come, its our first comp and we're beginners but I'm excited to learn some new things and meet cool players!

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I'll be showing up later than 6 and I would like to enter both brackets. If i'm terribly holding brackets up then you can drop me from melee I s'pose. Should be there around 6:30 though.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Hey Coco, I'm considering using :069:, so do I need to use his standard Mii set set if the customs are there from the start? Because I'd want to customize. Also, you say customs are legal? How does hat work if not all the wiis have all the customs?

CocoThunder

Smash Cadet
Hey Coco, I'm considering using :069:, so do I need to use his standard Mii set set if the customs are there from the start? Because I'd want to customize. Also, you say customs are legal? How does hat work if not all the wiis have all the customs?
I thought about it but I can't think of how we would handle it. I guess you just have to hope that all your stuff is there unfortunately =(

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
A question on the Wii U stagelist, where is Castle Siege and Wuhu Island? They both have ran amazingly well in every tournament I host, so seeing them missing from the stage;list seriously surprised me.

CocoThunder

Smash Cadet
A question on the Wii U stagelist, where is Castle Siege and Wuhu Island? They both have ran amazingly well in every tournament I host, so seeing them missing from the stage;list seriously surprised me.
I don't Wuhu is fit for tournament. Castle Siege is alright but I just don't like the middle transformation.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I don't Wuhu is fit for tournament. Castle Siege is alright but I just don't like the middle transformation.
I will say I have never had an unfair result on either stage in any tournament we've run thus far (quite a few). I would seriously encourage you to at least legalize Castle Siege if you aren't comfortable with Wuhu. The stage was even legal in the Apex Brawl Ruleset, it's a decent stage for competitive play.

Wayofalex's Gaming

Smash Rookie
NNID
Infinite_L1ves
Can you play in Melee AND Wii U tourneys? Also, do you have any spare GameCube controllers? I have a Wii Pro Controller, but I don't have a GameCube. Oh, and is it the 12th or the 15th. Conflicting dates.

Last edited:

CocoThunder

Smash Cadet
Can you play in Melee AND Wii U tourneys? Also, do you have any spare GameCube controllers? I have a Wii Pro Controller, but I don't have a GameCube. Oh, and is it the 12th or the 15th. Conflicting dates.
I'm gonna change the dates. Thanks for pointing out the mistake or else I probably wouldn't have noticed it. You can enter both tournaments and if you need a controller, I can let you use mine.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
You seriously main Mewtwo?? and question is there a stream now?

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
that's better for me haha. Work nights blow. I can't do this month though, hopefully next.

Corjam

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, just started to consider getting into the games competitively and looking for people to play against. I was just wondering how active and big the Akron smash scene is?

Also, wanted to say I'm glad there is a scene in the first place. :p

CocoThunder

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, just started to consider getting into the games competitively and looking for people to play against. I was just wondering how active and big the Akron smash scene is?

Also, wanted to say I'm glad there is a scene in the first place. :p
We aren't that big or active yet. However, we are working on growing the scene here. If you wanna play, I'm having people over tonight. You should also join the Facebook page.

Corjam

Smash Rookie
We aren't that big or active yet. However, we are working on growing the scene here. If you wanna play, I'm having people over tonight. You should also join the Facebook page.
I'll definitely join the facebook page!

Would love to smash tonight but I already have plans, thanks though!

sgShazam

Smash Rookie
Im local to the area so its not a drive for me. Ill be there Sunday and I may bring 1 more with me.

NightmareSnake

Smash Rookie
NNID
NightmareSnak3
3DS FC
1177-8384-3304
I don't usually attend tournaments outside of Paul's Gamerzone in Massillon, and my involvement in the scene proper has been very low, but this looks like a good place to start.

If I don't go to this one, I will likely be at one of the next few. Here's to your future success!

Last edited:
Top Bottom