• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 19, 2015] Rubber Town Monthlies: A Super Smash Bros Melee and... (North Canton, Ohio)

colinies

Smash Cadet
NNID
CoLiNieS
That would be great! There will hopefully be a lot of people this time around. Also, I hope that you can handle the **** talk that you'll be hearing.
Dont worry about me man i'll be fine. But if you really want to make this stream happen i'll need to trade 3DS's with who ever runs the stream so they can stream all the matches unless you just want me to stream mine. But make sure to let me know if you want to make this happen so I can set up overlays and stuff

CocoThunder

Smash Cadet
Dont worry about me man i'll be fine. But if you really want to make this stream happen i'll need to trade 3DS's with who ever runs the stream so they can stream all the matches unless you just want me to stream mine. But make sure to let me know if you want to make this happen so I can set up overlays and stuff
I for sure want this to happen.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
Is there any chance you would include brawl in these tournaments ever? Also if there are any Akron players here who are interested in practicing bro message me.

CocoThunder

Smash Cadet
Is there any chance you would include brawl in these tournaments ever? Also if there are any Akron players here who are interested in practicing bro message me.
Nah there is no chance of there ever being Brawl. Only Melee and Smash 4 with the occasional PM.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
I think they're trying to attract entrants, not drive them away :-V
Well if you included brawl I would show up, otherwise I have little interest in these events. I can also vouch for several other guys who would show up for brawl specifically. So it seems you're only limiting yourself. Shame

CocoThunder

Smash Cadet
Well if you included brawl I would show up, otherwise I have little interest in these events. I can also vouch for several other guys who would show up for brawl specifically. So it seems you're only limiting yourself. Shame
If I had Brawl there would be less people entering it compared to Melee, Smash 4, and PM.

CatchJ

Smash Rookie
We'd love for you to come! Do you have a Facebook? If so, you should join the University of Akron smash page. :)
I get out of class at 6:30 so I'd hopefully be there in time. Also I definitely will join the Facebook page

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
If I had Brawl there would be less people entering it compared to Melee, Smash 4, and PM.
Sure, but some would. Those that would show up specifically for brawl might also enter melee pm or s4 while we're there increasing your numbers for those events.

CocoThunder

Smash Cadet
Sure, but some would. Those that would show up specifically for brawl might also enter melee pm or s4 while we're there increasing your numbers for those events.
Sorry dude, I'm just not going to have Brawl. Since Smash 4 is out I really don't see why I would have Brawl. Also, I don't really enjoy Brawl that much and I know a lot of the others don't either.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
No problem. Good luck with your tournaments.
Sorry dude, I'm just not going to have Brawl. Since Smash 4 is out I really don't see why I would have Brawl. Also, I don't really enjoy Brawl that much and I know a lot of the others don't either.

thatoneguyintheback

Smash Apprentice
I respect the fact that you want to keep improving at brawl, but while I enjoyed the game, it's stagnant, stale, and just plain done. Peppy is having it on the 29th, but you and maybe three others will enter. Smash Wii U is just too powerful, and it's going to hurt attendance for all games, but especially Brawl.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
I respect the fact that you want to keep improving at brawl, but while I enjoyed the game, it's stagnant, stale, and just plain done. Peppy is having it on the 29th, but you and maybe three others will enter. Smash Wii U is just too powerful, and it's going to hurt attendance for all games, but especially Brawl.
in some communities it's done and others it's not. Youmacon this weekend had a full 32 entrance and was a very hype tourney. For me personally it's not done because I still see tons of ways in which I can improve and indeed I am improving very quickly. Most importantly though I don't see why the presence of brawl at an event would detract from any other game, and I don't see why there is so much hostility towards this game.

thatoneguyintheback

Smash Apprentice
Youmacon is an anime convention, of course it'll have a turnout. The local scenes are dead, and the metagame is stale. It's too centered on MK and ICs

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
in some communities it's done and others it's not. Youmacon this weekend had a full 32 entrance and was a very hype tourney. For me personally it's not done because I still see tons of ways in which I can improve and indeed I am improving very quickly. Most importantly though I don't see why the presence of brawl at an event would detract from any other game, and I don't see why there is so much hostility towards this game.
As far as brawl is concerned you can see on nintendodojo that they haven't even updated any tournament results since the beginning of 2014 and while there is still a tournament here or there the scene is much much smaller than in years past. I used to be able to fill up a car full of players every other week for a tournament within 1-5 hours from here with no problem but now that's just not possible.

As for how it detracts, it gives the TO one more bracket to run and worry about and it makes the players have to switch from game to game. Switching from melee to Smash 4 is difficult enough so trying to juggle 3 games would severely detract from a player's performance.

thatoneguyintheback

Smash Apprentice
Truthfully, if there was enough demand for brawl, it would be played. But a small handful of players isn't going to cut it

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
I think more or less a lot of Brawl players have moved to 4, so maybe the numbers have declined? I'm not too sure though. I'm sure someone out there does Brawl..possibly.

Dreyvas

Smash Cadet
As for how it detracts, it gives the TO one more bracket to run and worry about and it makes the players have to switch from game to game. Switching from melee to Smash 4 is difficult enough so trying to juggle 3 games would severely detract from a player's performance.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Squid Squad

Smash Rookie
NNID
ICYoshi
3DS FC
4682-8452-8694
This sounds great, but I won't be able to go this month. I'll probably be going next month though.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Chalk up one more attendee! That is, if you have not yet run dry of chalk.

Lt.Lush

Smash Rookie
There will be Wii u at the next one. The Wii u version isn't out yet.
Oh I know that, I was just thinking since it comes out before Dec 6th you might have some wii u as well. I wouldn't mind bringing my wii u and a copy of the game if it would help out.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
What date is the December one the 4th or 6th?? (I really want it to be the 6th I'll have a better chance on Saturday)

Edit:Is their gonna be PM and is it gonna be streamed?

Last edited:

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
In the past this hasn't had PM but I think if there's enough interest we may be able to convince them to do PM. I'm pretty sure the next one is gonna have so much hype over smash 4 that PM might not even be played. We'll see.

CocoThunder

Smash Cadet
What date is the December one the 4th or 6th?? (I really want it to be the 6th I'll have a better chance on Saturday)

Edit:Is their gonna be PM and is it gonna be streamed?
As long as the recording equipment is working this time, it will be streamed. There will not be a PM tournament. There will only be Melee and Smash 4.

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
Is this tourney still in effect? also where is the venu at a house bulidling ect. ?

Top Bottom