• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] UNC eSports Spring Gamefest (Chapel Hill, NC)

Not Rick

Smash Rookie
• Melee/Brawl/PM tournament hosted by UNC eSports club

• No Venue fee

• Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1431730090406365/

Times
Venue Opens at 1:00 pm
Melee Signup starts at 2
Singles begin at 3
Melee Doubles can be done after singles if there is sufficient interest

[EDIT] Schedule from the Brawl/PM TO:
1:00 Venue Opens/Signups for all events begin
2:00 Signups for Brawl Doubles close
2:30 Brawl Doubles begins
4:30 Brawl Doubles ends/Food break
5:30 Brawl Singles begins
6:30 Project M Singles begins
12:00 All events done by this time, venue closes

Don’t be late. No one will be allowed to sign up after 3:00 pm so plan to get here early if you’re worried about traffic or something holding you up.

Money

As stated no venue free
$5 for singles, $10/team for doubles

Payout is 60/30/10

Everyone who brings full setups (CRT, GC/wii, melee) will receive $2 off entry fee
Partial setups will have a $1 deduction from entry fee

Food

Lots of places to eat on Franklin St. (5 min. walk north of the venue), also a Wendy’s and a bagel shop at the Student Union.

Rules
APEX rules
http://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/

Brawl/PM
EDIT: We are now running both Brawl and Project M in addition to Melee

Parking
There is a lot directly adjacent to Sitterson, though it is pretty small and will fill up. In this case, there are many lots on campus that are free for anyone to park in on the weekends, no permit required. If you need help finding one, just check out this sweet crudely drawn map!

Last edited:

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
What would be the easiest option for Saturday night's sleeping arrangement? Stay with a friend at UNC? Or find a cheap hotel?

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I didn't even know there were players in my area. Mostly because I'm pretty new to the Smash scene.

Well, if I go, this would be the first like, Smash gathering I would be attending... I don't really want to attend the tourney, I kinda just want to play friendlies all the time...? Not because I want to dodge the fee for the tourney, because I'm fine with paying.

I won't even be there the whole time; I will probably arrive at 5:00 PM because of my schedule on Saturday. I don't think the signup before 3:00 rule would apply to me if I just didn't play in the tourney, right?
Oh yeah, I'm in high school. So.
^-^;;
No restrictions on that part?

Last edited:

lazymp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mpittman17
Wow, I didn't even know there were players in my area. Mostly because I'm pretty new to the Smash scene.

Well, if I go, this would be the first like, Smash gathering I would be attending... I don't really want to attend the tourney, I kinda just want to play friendlies all the time...? Not because I want to dodge the fee for the tourney, because I'm fine with paying.

I won't even be there the whole time; I will probably arrive at 5:00 PM because of my schedule on Saturday. I don't think the signup before 3:00 rule would apply to me if I just didn't play in the tourney, right?
Oh yeah, I'm in high school. So.
^-^;;
No restrictions on that part?
Where is your area and what games do you play? I can point you to the right places and people :)

Signups only apply if you're going to play in the tourney. There may or may not be a setup or two for friendlies depending on how many we have and how smoothly the tournaments are running.

And there are no restrictions on age, the event is open to all. ^_^

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
So I have a question for the people who know the region up there. I'm looking to go to a tourney this weekend for Brawl, and there are two. This one, and one in South Florida (I'm currently in North Florida). I was wondering if you guys could give me an idea of how big the brawl entrants should be/ do you know any brawl players who would be going? I'm leaning more towards the SFL tournament currently since I am aware of who will be there, but would go to this instead if it seems like it would be more worthwhile.

lazymp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mpittman17
So I have a question for the people who know the region up there. I'm looking to go to a tourney this weekend for Brawl, and there are two. This one, and one in South Florida (I'm currently in North Florida). I was wondering if you guys could give me an idea of how big the brawl entrants should be/ do you know any brawl players who would be going? I'm leaning more towards the SFL tournament currently since I am aware of who will be there, but would go to this instead if it seems like it would be more worthwhile.
We usually get about ~20-25 for Brawl and I'm expecting most of our usuals to show up...we could break 30 but that's optimistic. Not sure who you know but I'm anticipating most all of these guys: Archer, Kai, Stockfield, Clowsui, 313, GQ, gWiz, KoozyK, AoD. Dunno if Stingers is coming as of right now.

Also, jfyi, no one here (other than me and I'm not gud) plays Olimar...so that may be in your favor. And if you do decide to come and need housing then I can possibly help you there. Entry is cheap so there won't be a huge pot, so I'm not sure if it would be worth your drive or not

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
We usually get about ~20-25 for Brawl and I'm expecting most of our usuals to show up...we could break 30 but that's optimistic. Not sure who you know but I'm anticipating most all of these guys: Archer, Kai, Stockfield, Clowsui, 313, GQ, gWiz, KoozyK, AoD. Dunno if Stingers is coming as of right now.

Also, jfyi, no one here (other than me and I'm not gud) plays Olimar...so that may be in your favor. And if you do decide to come and need housing then I can possibly help you there. Entry is cheap so there won't be a huge pot, so I'm not sure if it would be worth your drive or not
Hmm alright, I'll have to talk to the people I'm driving with. Also I don't know any of those people lol. I also play Olimar, and think of myself to be pretty good. :)

lazymp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mpittman17
Hmm alright, I'll have to talk to the people I'm driving with. Also I don't know any of those people lol. I also play Olimar, and think of myself to be pretty good. :)
Okay cool, I hope you guys decide to make it out! It'd be cool to have another Olimar in bracket and some out of state action :)

Top Bottom