• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

Max?

Smash Champion
I'm not sure which tourney to go to. The Scarsdale tourney is easier to get to, less tolls and close to the city/Westchester/new england. Seems like some people have their heart set on going to No Johns tho. If I can get a ride out there and most people choose No Johns, I will go there. But if Hax goes to Scarsdale, that's where I'm going too.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Sorry all, but NE is going to Justice. Took a vote between those coming to decide, and Justice won.

Hax is confirmed for Scarsdale from what I hear

Alukard

Smash Hero
yea i'm cancelling this no johns is why everyone is going there... they dont have the power to do so... so i'll be the bigger man. i should have the no johns set up for later in the month. Most likely the last weekend of june!

Alukard

Smash Hero
Ok so i updated the thread and i'm going to host on the 21st of JUNE!! Its going to be the first time I host on a friday but i would love it if you guys could show up... now i need you guys to still come out and support! I'm trying to get a New York vs the world crew battle going ... I think it would be good... also if anyone is interested in entering an Injustice tournament or Marvel3 or even AE. We can set that up as well! Thank you guys!!

odinNJ

Smash Lord
I think Im coming to this, bringing RUN as well.
Yo umvc3, Id be down, Id get wrecked but i love that game. marvel friendlies would be legit.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Ah I didn't realize this was a friday. I'll still try and come but I'd have to leave early.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Is it a long walk from the Nanuet NJT station to here? Considering showing for Marvel.

I might enter Melee too, if I feel like getting bopped in two games.
What system will the FGC games be on?

MT_

Smash Ace
Going to be making this. Anyone have a decent spare controller I can use? Also looking for a teammate. This is all so last minute it's derpy lol.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
If you guys wanna know the results that I remember, it was like;

1: Hax
2: DJN
3: G$
4: MT
5: T.webb
5: Ben Grimm
7:Ryobeat
7: Ryan K

MT_

Smash Ace
Dunno if there is gonna be a results thread but just want to throw out a few shoutouts real quick:

G$ - thanks for giving me a ride and taking care of me for the day. You're super chill and a really smart player. I hope I get to play you/hang out with you again sometime!
Alukard - yo **** that ***** lool
DJN - thanks for embarrassing me with Bowser LOL
MechWarrior - thanks for sticking around and letting me use your controller for the tournament, really appreciate it
T.webb - thanks for letting me use you controller at the end. Also, our set was stupidly close >_> could have easily gone either way... I think you were playing a little off point during the set and no doubt we were both pretty nervous lol. Hope to rematch you one day.
Ryobeat - nice meeting you, fun friendlies. And also thanks for offering me your controller; I would have used it but the stick felt weird to me so I couldn't DD like I wanted to. Fun hanging out with you; you seem to have a good improvement-oriented mentality to the game so keep it up man.
Ben Grimm - >_> you got me in the MM afterwards; I'll have to work on my Peach matchup a little more. GGs. Also you should stop making friendly conversation with your opponent during the set LOL save it for afteward ;)
Hax - yo how the **** are you so good at this game lol. Never played against a Falcon who does that ledgehop regrab thing that you do when edgeguarding Marth and it's so good. Please don't teach that to anyone else. And grats on the win.

Fun tourney. NY is tight. Come to TX someday people!!

Senortesta

Smash Apprentice
I want to know when the next one is because I've been training. Hopefully I'l get that 1st tournament win.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
I hope you guys are ready for this one; I am out for blood. Also Senortesta, I can't wait to meet you dude. Young smashers ALL DAY.

Top Bottom