• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

Alukard

Smash Hero
Double Post .... Bumping This ***** ... Cmon People I Want More People Saying They Are Coming For Sure ^_^

Cia

das kwl
the turn out is going to be great. everyone that posted is bringing their crew. this is going to be amazing.

Gmoney - can you pick me up from my house?? it's on the way if your going through the bronx, and it's the only way i can bring a full setup.

Alukard

Smash Hero
great great great ... i'm sooo hyped for this ... new and improved alukard =]]]]]

Alukard

Smash Hero
the date is on the 30th >.> ... i dunno if thats labor day or not ... but ummm melee is too good to miss =]]]]] cmon peoples sho up

Alukard

Smash Hero
OK U HAPPY EGGM lololol

nah but i kno the title needed to be changed i just forget to >.>

Alukard

Smash Hero
me either ... also good news ... depending on wat time everything finishes ... if we have time i want to do random crew battles =] ... and like put $2 per person and stuff that would b fun ^_^ .... also its just a melee tournament so we should have time to do it after ... i really hope so that sounds soooo awesome ... omg and scar if u bring ur recording stuff ... or if anyone can for that matter ... because recording and posting the vids up asap helps the hype come back to melee!!!!!!

GET HYPE PEOPLE!!!!! ^_^

Cia

das kwl
yeah, i'm waiting for Gmoney's response to see if he can pick me up from my house. if so, i can bring a recording set up as well.. and a digicam?? if we need it

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol Well since I got a new charger I'm gonna do what I've always done, record my tourney matches and post them almost immediately.

Other than my matches though I really don't do anything with them besides save combos in friendlies for the next installation of IKM.

Alukard

Smash Hero
well i just want finals to b put up ... and lets make them hot ^_^ ... if people decide to split at least play it out for like a 10-15$ difference in the split ^_^

do u get me ?? lol

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
These are surprisingly close. Lol there's been nothing in North jersey since CCX closed. Good stuff Alukard, i'll probably be there on the 30th.

I also need a teammate at this point in time

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
If I come (which I'm trying to) do you need a set up? I can at least bring a gamecube+melee.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I think it'd be fun to do draft crews instead. Have the arguably best two people there both as captains flip a coin for who picks first and then choses 1 at a time till everyones picked. It can be for 2$ each or free I don't care lol. For example m2k could be a captain or me or cactuar or something. I think it'd be fun instead of straight random lol. But that'd be fun too. Of course bring your setup lol. Everyone should bring everything they have, more setups = amazing.

Scar

#HarveyDent
It's true, I ****IN SAID IT SON!!! BEAT ME AGAIN!

Seriously though I'm gonna **** the balls off you. I know I say it before every match but I'm ready RIGHT NOW.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I think it'd be fun to do draft crews instead. Have the arguably best two people there both as captains flip a coin for who picks first and then choses 1 at a time till everyones picked. It can be for 2$ each or free I don't care lol. For example m2k could be a captain or me or cactuar or something. I think it'd be fun instead of straight random lol. But that'd be fun too. Of course bring your setup lol. Everyone should bring everything they have, more setups = amazing.
Or the Tunes can just **** everyone. Thats fun too :laugh::laugh:

Cia

das kwl
i know, what happened to the scrublets??

at cot3, i was playing a melee friendly w/ some brawl player.. long story short, i Dthrow > Shine chain grabbed this kid w/ fox lmaooooo..

reno said "i'm soooo tight ur dedede chain grabbing ib melee." hahahaha.. good times

Alukard

Smash Hero
yea see eggm ... random crew battles ftw! ... i dont want someone feeling like they are ****ty when that last pick comes down to it u kno ... cuz i mean its going to b bad enough when they get pwned by w.e good player lmaooo

Eggm

Smash Hero
Lol, I Just thought completely random crews could come out SUPER broken, which could potentially make the people on the losing team get emo and not try. The draft crews are going to be more or less even. Also if you get picked last it will make you wanna train or show your stuff in the battle to get picked earlier next time.

Edit : Also once both teams are fully picked the two teams should all stand together and do some type of guts pose. Then some one could edit the crew battle vid and put the two picks side by side against each other in the start of the vid. That'd be pretty epic lol.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Though I suck at Melee, you guys are the ****, so I'm spreading some love. I also wanted to point out that although I know this is NYC, not anyone just looking at this thread would . . . since it's in regional zones, might want to include that in the title.

JFox

Smash Hero
This tourney isnt NYC exclusive. Many people from many states and regions should be making an appearance.

I'd would def be down with Eggm's idea of draft crews. Most of the time crew battles don't go right cuz certain individuals fail to make it, and then there are johns about losing. Also I think we all know who the best crew would be anyway *wink*

Draft crews could be a really fun thing to try out.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
yea right TSA could take the tunes. yea were hypin this up. Lets do it. but umm draft crews would be fine if the tunes are scared of losing.

Top Bottom