• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

LLDL

Smash Hero
malva00 just 4-0'd me in gf. I am now unstoppable :D watch out guys.

Hax

Smash Champion
the lack of a consistant team partner or the ideaology that theyll never beat (insert player/s here) makes ppl not try as hard if u ask me) sure u may go all out against teams u think u have a chance of beating, but most ppl dont attribute teams losses as something thats their fault or something to learn from, they just go w/e its teams who cares, or we werent gonna beat them anyways since we never teamed b4, or insert dumb excuses here. maybe ur guys mentality is different and if so i take it back (since i havent been to a local since progs LI tourney) but i dont even see ppl TRYING to practice teams at tourneys, unless they just wanna get on a tv to play so they agree to teams.

ps. i used to think ppl always tried their hardest but ive teamed wit randoms b4 at locals and even at majors only to be met with this idgaf attitude (one guy even told me he rather watch mango play than warm up for our teams matches((i had NEVER teamed wit him b4)). even ppl taht actually care feel other things might be more important? (like d1 ditching me to TO pound4 then having the nerve to blame me for our losses hehehehehe ;P) LOLOLOL idk im just venting at this point but im not convinced that ppl care/tryhard in teams. ppl dont even look for consistent team partners anymore that used to be like so important back in the day
i haven't been on smashboards in a minute but i had to quote this cause its so true.. i cant even count how many "permanent partners" i've been ditched by. jman and i have NOT LOST A LOCAL TOURNAMENT IN YEARS and i hear him talking behind my back/saying he doesn't like teaming with me. jaden went back to teaming with hailey after we won 2 tournies in a row and placed 2nd at another. brian wants to team with jesus after we won 3 tournaments in a row! i see this happening to everybody; i swear everyone's teaming with someone different at every tournament. its mad ****ing lame

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Alot of players just don't even enter teams at all. I've seen tournies with 80 singles entrants and only 22 teams. That means barely half the people that entered doubles also entered singles. People gotta take teams more seriously and train/enter them more often.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
lmao Aziz, Jaden teamed with me because we have a lot of fun teaming with each other. For him it has nothing to do with you being a bad potential partner.

I don't know whatever happened between you and Jesus or whatever but me and Jaden always teamed because we generally do really good while having a lot of fun. He wasn't randomly ditching you, for the tournies he teamed with you I wasn't even there man.

Hax

Smash Champion
lmao Aziz, Jaden teamed with me because we have a lot of fun teaming with each other. For him it has nothing to do with you being a bad potential partner.

I don't know whatever happened between you and Jesus or whatever but me and Jaden always teamed because we generally do really good while having a lot of fun. He wasn't randomly ditching you, for the tournies he teamed with you I wasn't even there man.
I wasn't intending to offend anybody hailey, so don't take it that way. Jaden told me that we'd be permanent partners. we won the first 2 tournies and reminded each other that we'd be teaming again before every tourney. after we took 2nd at a no johns, i didn't hear from jaden that whole week so.. yeah

if i misinterpreted his duration for teaming with me then its my fault

all im saying is have faith in and stick with your teams partner

PK Webb

Smash Champion
i dont understand y ppl shy away from teams sooo much i find team jus as fun and if not more challenging than singles. hey jona after this since we permanent partners i guess that means we got 1 up on every1 besides the fact we no nothing bout teams lol

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
What even, I love doubles >_>.

I'll miss not being able to team with my permanent teammate though, hopefully I can find someone that likes teaming with me though I guess.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
i dont understand y its hard for top tristate ppl to have permanent partners. if u guys wud just stay partners maybe 1 of ur teams will take down mango and lucky lol well its up to jona and me cuz we real niqqas straight from the jungles of africa

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
pretty sure that tec0 and vanz have been like the closest thing to permanent that tristate has had.

i like mixing it up actually. it makes for good meshing OOS when like alu can't go to cali and g$ and jman can.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
jus watched jman vs lucky yooooo both of them was on sum super saiyan 3 nonsense cant wait to mm jman i want that advice/practice

Top Bottom