• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

Eggm

Smash Hero
Thanks for the support T-Webb but I'd rather everyone stop joking about it. I felt really bad I didn't even sleep well last night and was nacious on the way home from nanuet. I really didn't know my own strength, must have been adrenaline or something (plus it was my only fight in my life) today I have a pain in my abdomen and my ankle really hurts. Sorry hax =\ I really just wanted to push you down to make you get the point to stop grabbing me. Not only did it hurt, but emotionally it hurts every time too man. I didn't mean to make you hit your head at all. =\

PK Webb

Smash Champion
1: Jman: Good stuff winnin the tourney. U must start helpin my fox now i helped u get soda
2: Hax: Ur falcon was doing sum beast combos on sum sheiks. Hope ur head is ok and plz no courtroom cuz u can get eggm jail time and then u would no longer be sexy in the communities eyes.
3: G$: Thank u for crushing my hopes and dreams of making it to semi's
4: Swift: Sry we had to meet so early in tourney because i lost lol....gg hope to play u again soon
5: Alukard: The cursed 5th place lmfao do sumthing bout this man but good stuff and thanks for hostin
5: Eggm: Thanks for the setups. U was pulling off some 2012 combos on me b4 any1 arrived(teach me)
7: Mikael: We both got knocked out by G$ so that makes us brothers....play me more i have trouble with falcon
7: Spawn: I didnt get singles against u but good stuff in teams...double sheik=extra ******
9: Mogwai: I didnt get to play ueither but i saw sum serious sheild pressure over there
9: T Webb: U effin N00b
9: Trademark: ur a lil bit too good
9: Preq: Ur jesse right???? if u r then good stuff we had some epic singles and if ur not jesse my bad lol i guess i didnt meet u
13: *****: ur peach luck is on some yugioh heart of the cards proportion
13: Slox: good stuff i just think ur were nervous but i was gettin off in tourney in friendlies though u **** hard
13: otg: WOMBO COMBO WHERE U AT!!!!!!!!!!!! Naw good seein the best doc around and we need to jump jman and get him to teach us smash
13: prog: Love ur falco and i forgot the advice unlees u speaking of my recovery cuz i no its kinda repeatative. we need to play more
17: Emem: Fun playin all ur character i thought u had me in tourney though with the IC's
17: Now: ur ness is ridick. Nice 2vs 1 comeback
17: deathknight: Grab rest ***** in teams lol good games and i think we could had got farther if i didnt drop the ball with that illusion off the stage at 0 against cort and spawn
17: Just Sexed: Ok ok ok ur still better than i but im coming for u

Alukard

Smash Hero
LMFAOOOO omfg ... im' crying that was hilarious ... t webb ... i can't breathe LMFAOOO

sry eggm but that was hilarious

Cia

das kwl
I really hope you dont. It's not my place to get involved, I have no bias towards either one of you and I don't know your past or anything, so I'm going to be as objective as possible when I say this. This will only hurt the community if you press charges.

Eggm was definitely out of line in attacking you, but you can't deny that you provoked him and from the sounds of it, this is something that has been going on for awhile. You really can't expect someone to just tolerate your **** like that and not do something about it. I also really doubt that eggm had any intention of actually hurting you or throwing you to the ground; it seems like an accident.

Now granted, I'm not justifying his actions or saying that you shouldn't feel wronged, you have every reason to feel that way. There is no justification for attacking someone 8 years younger than you, no matter how much they provoke you. Sometimes you have to be a bigger man and put up with it. I just don't think pressing charges is going to do any good for an already tiny and fractured community. The way I see it, Eggm apologized and I hope you can accept that apology and everyone moves on from here.

Now with that out of the way, let's just get over this and chill *****s. What up?
Best Doc?

N.OW

Smash Journeyman
Fun tournament. I hadn't been to a tournament in over a year so I expected to do as badly as I did lol. Good stuff to everyone I played with and thanks for teaming with me emily!

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I don't touch other people and expect to be treated the same way and I guess after months of annoying me with grabbing/pinching my bodyfat it struck my last nerve.
Disclaimer: I don't know you guys so I'm not taking sides or anything, I'm just going by information I gleaned from this thread to base these remarks.

I wasn't there nor do I know exactly what happened, but if it's true that Hax offensively grabbed/pinched you and it was unwanted, then he is guilty of battery (and possibly assault). Your retaliation would then be self-defense, though in this case it may not have been exactly proportional. Also, Hax's continuous acts of annoyance against you could be considered harassment.

With that being said, I don't think this would go anywhere in court unless Hax wants to be slapped with fines (or whatever they can do to a minor) as well. Either that or he's just blowing smoke (read: trolling) and has no intention of pursuing this any further.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
1: Jman: yeah yeah, you're the best
2: Hax: yeah Falcon
3: G$: ok
4: Swift: good seeing you, as always!
5: Alukard: gain some weight
5: Eggm: erm, didn't really talk to you...but I understand how you feel about Hax, he can be pretty bratty at times.
7: Mikael: Woweee, you were playing pretty ****!
7: Spawn: hi
9: Mogwai: hi
9: T Webb: nice playing with you!
9: Trademark: hi
9: Preq: Nice to meet you! You and Mikael did so well in teams!
13: *****: Nice playing with you too, let's do again sometime.
13: Slox: GGs
13: otg: big flake
13: prog: what up
17: Emem: get better scrub
17: Now: OMG you were so **** in that 2 on 1. Sorry I got ko'd 6 times in that match....
17: deathknight: nice friendlies
17: Just Sexed: hi

Cort: thanks for playing me! I will definitely **** some Falcons next time!

Fun tournament guyz! Though it's probably going to be my last for a while. I just need to get my Sheik up there so next time I will take first.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yeah, anyways I hope this doesn't affect my turnout for Tunes biweekly # 6 on Saturday. Hax your are also welcome as long as you don't like follow me to the bathroom and stab me or something... and please use your head and don't bring this to court. Court will blow stuff up and we will both have tons of stress and it just won't be good man. Threatening some one with a lethal weapon isn't cool either. 3rd time a NY smasher has done this to me.. wtf ny..

Edit : and the other 2 times nothing physical even happened it was in game stuff.

And even if everything went super duper for you u would end up making my lil siblings cry i was in jail or getting like 20 dollars a month off some stupid settlement cause i have like 12 dollars in my bank account and thousands of debt to sallie mae. None of which I think anyone thinks I deserve I'm a really nice guy.

Again I'm sorry. Can you just also apologize and we'll go on being cool? MM at tunes? 5$ if one of us loses double or nothing like usual?

Edit : and if we both got some stupid judge who charged us both with aggravated assault that will affect us both getting jobs when we both finish school for the rest of our lives. Do'nt do anything drastic please man. It was a fight they happen. <_<

Deathknight

Smash Ace
Had a good time at this tournament. Though Eggm, seriously, that was the most over the top way to react ever. Though I've decided to never play Jiggs again. Such a stupid character and it annoys me that I can only be good with her. Haven't decided on my new teams character yet though.

Hax

Smash Champion
you don't even know what aggravated assault means.. aggravated assault is the attempt at causing serious bodily harm for another person. how does playfully pinching someone fall under that definition? on the grounds that you attacked a minor you would lose the case alone

how dare you call yourself a nice guy after nearly giving a little kid a concussion and the first thing you do is try to make $5 off him (lmao). your sob stories don't mean sh*t to me, you're no different than pb/dj if that debt sh*t is the truth. how are you gonna prioritize spending $30 every weekend on a game you don't even profit off when you have a family to support? you need to make like dj and prioritize your life.. with working on saturdays at the top and assaulting children at the bottom

HazZarD

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't there nor do I know exactly what happened, but if it's true that Hax offensively grabbed/pinched you and it was unwanted, then he is guilty of battery (and possibly assault). Your retaliation would then be self-defense, though in this case it may not have been exactly proportional. Also, Hax's continuous acts of annoyance against you could be considered harassment.

With that being said, I don't think this would go anywhere in court unless Hax wants to be slapped with fines (or whatever they can do to a minor) as well. Either that or he's just blowing smoke (read: trolling) and has no intention of pursuing this any further.
Few quick things about this matter:

1 - Hax got Rock Bottomed *Points and laughs* :chuckle:

2 - Hax is a MINOR

3 - He is not gonna be charged with assault (pinching/grabbing) or any other charge against an adult because he is a MINOR....The adult is always gonna be held accountable.

4 - Hax got ROCK BOTTOMED IRL

5 - It's not that serious.... :ohwell:

Sup Zro hahaha

Oh and my Disclaimer is everything I heard about this was from word-of-mouth...I wasn't there. Sorry Alu lol

When's the next No Johns?

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
iight yo.... now that i've been properly introduced, Budai you're freaking ********

i order for a minor to be charged with assault, he has to beat the crap out of the other person with like a steel chair or the world heavyweight title or something like that. there is no way that pinching someones body fat can be called assault.

now if eggm were to plead insanity that wouldnt work either cus hes here apologizing for his act of indiscretion. So when Eggm put Aziz on his a$$... it just looks like an adult abusing a minor. If you really think he has a case for putting HIS LEFT BOOT AND HIS RIGHT BOOT STRAIGHT UP HIS CANDY A$$ then you are surely mistaken

imma come to the next weekly so i can see OTG give someone the chokeslam

Cia

das kwl
you don't even know what aggravated assault means.. aggravated assault is the attempt at causing serious bodily harm for another person. how does playfully pinching someone fall under that definition?
maybe not aggravated assault, but in the work place (and anywhere else for that matter) it would be called sexual harassment.

And the truth of the matter is that if this case ever did go to court, which would be absolutely ********, there would be consequences for both sides. Eggm's response was completely over the top, but it was a RESPONSE to repeated harassment. there will be un-necessary damage to both parties (and their records)

and btw - that "I'm a little kid" act isn't going to fly with anyone. you're like 5'10'' , you use more drugs than half the smash community on top of under-age drinking and you carry a "fake id". If you're old enough to do all of that, than you're old enough to know you shouldn't be harassing a grown man.
-----

from the looks of it, both parties were DEAD WRONG. do the smart thing and just drop it.

S l o X

Smash Champion
basically what vanz said

if i got rock bottom'd i'm pretty sure there'd be a good reason and i wouldn't take legal action especially if they apologized.

****, im poor as fk and i wouldnt do it, unless i had some serious head trauma

and im saying that as a 16 yr old

get @ me

vanz = go0d

oh and im gonna be winning tournies like this soon

watch out

cus im cummin out of nowhere

like...

the rock ;D

oh and question

did eggm tell hax to stop after the ongoing pinching/jabbing?

otg

Smash Master
imma come to the next weekly so i can see OTG give someone the chokeslam
LMAO. Zro you are too funny my dude. IYou best watch it tho, my stonecold stunner is fierce. I'm going to have to agree with Vanz in that taking this to court is just going to cause way more problems then it's worth. This is such ******** drama, just let this **** pass.

Hax

Smash Champion
maybe not aggravated assault, but in the work place (and anywhere else for that matter) it would be called sexual harassment.

And the truth of the matter is that if this case ever did go to court, which would be absolutely ********, there would be consequences for both sides. Eggm's response was completely over the top, but it was a RESPONSE to repeated harassment. there will be un-necessary damage to both parties (and their records)

and btw - that "I'm a little kid" act isn't going to fly with anyone. you're like 5'10'' , you use more drugs than half the smash community on top of under-age drinking and you carry a "fake id". If you're old enough to do all of that, than you're old enough to know you shouldn't be harassing a grown man.
-----

from the looks of it, both parties were DEAD WRONG. do the smart thing and just drop it.
dumbest thing i've ever heard, you know nothing about law. things are wayy different when you're under 18. also drugs, drinking and owning a fake id are 3 things that wouldn't affect a case whatsoever, even if they did i would deny all of them lol. lmao @ you thinking weed would exempt me from legally being a minor

believe me jaden things would be different if you got thrown 10 feet and landed on your head and the best you could do was accept the other person's apology. i actually got up and didn't know where i was for a good 30 seconds. a more appropriate response would have been a light punch; the way your post is worded, you're 1. on eggm's side which is ridiculous and 2. you make what i did to eggm sound equal to what eggm did to me

S l o X

Smash Champion
i bothered to ask my mom in the situation that i was hax

and she basically said

yeah even if you were okay i'd do it because it was unnecesary and a chance you would've been injured

but if ____ apologized and pre- rock bottom had warned / told me to buzz off then she would've just met with ___'s family and talked it out to the point of apology etc...

but yeah not everyone is smart so i guess your typical 15 year old will think hes gonna be making mad $$$ and he's gettin what he deserves

because not everyone is understanding / nice

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'm done stressing over this it's bad for my heart. Do what you feel is right hax I'm leaving the issue alone. Again I'm sorry. Wish I could have heard an aplogy back but oh well. See everyone Saturday.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
As everyone knows, there may be a suggested bias between me/vanz and eggman....

being objective as I can........Hax has the right the do what you want legally and I'd much rather see that than a stab in the back etc etc. I do not disagree with that choice however vanz does make a point. NO, nothing that he mentioned will have a significant effect in court and as far as legal measures go but like let this be a lesson well learned. For lack of a better analogy........if you wanna run with the big dogs you will get treated likethe big dogs. Eggm shouldve reminded himself that you ARE a minor, however.......the persona you have suggests different. I am not telling you to change or anything but you shouldnt expect every single person to treat you like a kid when you "act" more grown up than you are.(i dun think theres no denying that from anyone). Its irony cuz you can still be processed legally as a minor which is an advantge but like beyond the scope of this situation please be aware that there are and CAN be different reactions to your actions other than.........lawl he is still a little kid.

yo imagine if he got paralyzed. that wouldve been real sad.

I AM IN NO WAY SAYING THAT YOU DESERVED IT. just saying please be more aware of how people react so that in the future reactions similar to this wont occur(just not in smash but like in life) cuz physically, this couldve turned out MUCH MUCH worse.

I am taking no sides seriously I just want to avoid situations like this to even occur/begin to boil.

Cia

das kwl
dumbest thing i've ever heard, you know nothing about law.
No.. I only have about 3 years HR experience. =/

things are wayy different when you're under 18. also drugs, drinking and owning a fake id are 3 things that wouldn't affect a case whatsoever, even if they did i would deny all of them lol. lmao @ you thinking weed would exempt me from legally being a minor
I never said or implied that drugs, alcohol, or fake IDs were an emancipation or that he could use it against you in court. (why are you making things up?) I referenced those examples as indications of your life experience. To put it simply, don't do grown up things and play the "i'm just a kid" card later. We know you're a minor, but you aren't a child.

Oh, and if it was brought up in court that you have a history of extensive substance and alcohol abuse, (regardless of your age) your mental health may be called into question, thus, hurting the credibility of your testimony. Don't tell me what I know about law.

believe me jaden things would be different if you got thrown 10 feet and landed on your head and the best you could do was accept the other person's apology. i actually got up and didn't know where i was for a good 30 seconds. a more appropriate response would have been a light punch
If I were in your shoes, YES, I would have been FURIOUS. I would have been in a lot of pain and I would have been all kinds of pissed. But I would have gone home, had time to think, REALIZED THAT HAD I NOT REPEATEDLY HARASSED HIM, this would never have happened, and plan to just stay away from him from now on. And yes, that would be the best I could/would do because anything more would be "seeking revenge" even tho I CLEARLY started trouble.

Do you see what we're saying?

the way your post is worded, you're 1. on eggm's side which is ridiculous and 2. you make what i did to eggm sound equal to what eggm did to me
You're not getting the message then. My post was worded to make you understand that you're also at fault here. I stated that Eggm was way out of line. He's owned up to it, apologized, and feels pretty bad. Everyone felt bad for you. (myself included) But when you threatened to escalate the situation court, it's clear you were seeking revenge and I lost sympathy for you. That and you have this really arrogant way of posting "dumbest thing i ever heard, you know nothing..etc" Seriously Aziz. =/
------

tl;dr - escalating this to court will cause more problems for the both of you. Both of you were wrong (not equally) but it's not worth it.

lol HBK.. summoning Scar to a place like this.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
just let it go yesteday was history tomorrow is a mystery so just cherish the fact your still alive cuz today is a gift and thats why its called the present

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i dont like people to touch me, well just my face, if you poke me or pinch anwhere other then the face ill just do it back

i understand eggm because of how i am with my face, some people can be with there bodies, but you should have remembered that hax is technically a little kid, he can look and act as old as he wants but that doesnt change the fact that hes 15

i just asked my dad, hes a cop here in pc
and he asked was it playing around or serious and so i told him that hax said he hit his head so it was serious
and also told him about the pinching and all that he said thats nothing

he said that in court the older guy is gonna get into problems
so idk

PK Webb

Smash Champion
honestly lets think about this. Court time can equal jail time all honesty. If u send eggm to jail u screw his life over. U can seriously cripple his chances at being successful in life. Now look eggm is dead wrong and he knows that...notice in every post he is very sincere and regretful....but hax im a big person and very concious about my body and if sum1 toches me the wrong way imma want to f*** him up eventually....what u consider playin could be completely misinterpreted by the other party.....every1 has a breaking point and u reached eggm's....we as smashers aren't taking sides but notice how none of of say take him to court....so im asking you not to do this and settle it in another way....me personally i would let it go.....ive fist fought with ppl and befriended them later on in the same day so i hope u can just let by gones be by gones...plus if u really think about it if eggm goes to jail because of this alot of smashers will come to dislike u and i wouldnt want to see that cuz ur mad chill

Just Sexed

Smash Ace
honestly lets think about this. Court time can equal jail time all honesty. If u send eggm to jail u screw his life over. U can seriously cripple his chances at being successful in life. Now look eggm is dead wrong and he knows that...notice in every post he is very sincere and regretful....but hax im a big person and very concious about my body and if sum1 toches me the wrong way imma want to f*** him up eventually....what u consider playin could be completely misinterpreted by the other party.....every1 has a breaking point and u reached eggm's....we as smashers aren't taking sides but notice how none of of say take him to court....so im asking you not to do this and settle it in another way....me personally i would let it go.....ive fist fought with ppl and befriended them later on in the same day so i hope u can just let by gones be by gones
Spoken by a true G....... T. webb the boss.

So about me getting last place at a tourney for the first time in like a year:urg:

Jesus first round wasn't too fun I need to work on getting the right mindset.

Anyways Hazzard Blazblue CS MM when it comes out?

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
you don't even know what aggravated assault means.. aggravated assault is the attempt at causing serious bodily harm for another person. how does playfully pinching someone fall under that definition? on the grounds that you attacked a minor you would lose the case alone
There's a huge difference between assault and aggravated assault, which is why I didn't say "aggravated". We also have to go by civil law here (unless you're talking about only pressing criminal charges).

"Aggravated assault is the crime of physically attacking another person which results in serious bodily harm and/or is made with a deadly or dangerous weapon such as a gun, knife, sword, ax or blunt instrument."

"In common law, assault is the tort of acting intentionally and voluntarily causing the reasonable apprehension of an immediate harmful or offensive contact."

"At common law, battery is the tort of intentionally and voluntarily bringing about an unconsented harmful or offensive contact with a person or to something closely associated with them."

I'm just saying that technically you touching another person (if they make it clear that it's unwanted) is battery. You don't have to do any physical damage do them, it's still battery. I agree that being a minor changes things greatly, though.

iight yo.... now that i've been properly introduced, Budai you're freaking ********

i order for a minor to be charged with assault, he has to beat the crap out of the other person with like a steel chair or the world heavyweight title or something like that. there is no way that pinching someones body fat can be called assault.
I didn't say he would definitely get charged/convicted with assault or battery, just that technically what he did is battery; I apologize if I made it sound that way. I agree that what Eggm did is also considered battery and I don't condone it at all (I mentioned that his retaliation was not proportional to the original force).

Hax - I'm sorry this incident occurred and I'm not trying to put you down or anything. I don't know first hand how you're feeling so I obviously can't comment on that aspect. Like I said, I don't condone Eggm's actions as it sounds like he went beyond a reasonable response. If you're serious about bringing this to court, then I'm sure you'll consider everything and think about it before doing what you feel is right (and that's totally up to you).

I didn't mean to offend anyone, so again I apologize if I did that; I'm just trying to look at this logically. As you said (and I agree), the fact that you're a minor changes things in regards to the law and I admit I'm not an expert, I'm just going by what I know from a couple of college classes and whatnot.

Edit: **** that post was long... sorry for no tl:dr

Hax

Smash Champion
I never said or implied that drugs, alcohol, or fake IDs were an emancipation or that he could use it against you in court. (why are you making things up?) I referenced those examples as indications of your life experience. To put it simply, don't do grown up things and play the "i'm just a kid" card later. We know you're a minor, but you aren't a child.

the "i'm just a kid card" works in court. you made it sound as if i'm exempt from being a minor because i smoke weed. this paragraph contradicts the entire following paragraph anyway:

Oh, and if it was brought up in court that you have a history of extensive substance and alcohol abuse, (regardless of your age) your mental health may be called into question, thus, hurting the credibility of your testimony. Don't tell me what I know about law.

this contradicts your entire first paragraph.. and regardless of my testimony, there are straightedge smashers who witnessed what went down who would have credible testimonies if drug use matters that much to a court. regardless marijuana isn't going to impair me from describing what happened. eggm picked me up and threw me 10 feet, arguing "he smokes weed, he's wrong!" would be rather pathetic

If I were in your shoes, YES, I would have been FURIOUS. I would have been in a lot of pain and I would have been all kinds of pissed. But I would have gone home, had time to think, REALIZED THAT HAD I NOT REPEATEDLY HARASSED HIM, this would never have happened, and plan to just stay away from him from now on. And yes, that would be the best I could/would do because anything more would be "seeking revenge" even tho I CLEARLY started trouble.

Do you see what we're saying?

it never would've had to happen if eggm didn't have to start b*tching about playing jesus in semi's rather than finals. literally at least 5 people were telling him to stfu including me, he started to imply i should've fought jman earlier than him because he's better than me........ ahahahahahahahah

You're not getting the message then. My post was worded to make you understand that you're also at fault here. I stated that Eggm was way out of line. He's owned up to it, apologized, and feels pretty bad. Everyone felt bad for you. (myself included) But when you threatened to escalate the situation court, it's clear you were seeking revenge and I lost sympathy for you. That and you have this really arrogant way of posting "dumbest thing i ever heard, you know nothing..etc" Seriously Aziz. =/

i take back what i said about your last post, THIS is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. if court is unjust and revengeful then criminals would get away with far worse than throwing someone because taking them to court would be "threatening and revengeful". jaden i don't even know where to start with this. if i slaughtered your family and you took me to court, i should lose sympathy/be disappointed with you? what the f*ck....
Budai578 said:
Hax - I'm sorry this incident occurred and I'm not trying to put you down or anything. I don't know first hand how you're feeling so I obviously can't comment on that aspect. Like I said, I don't condone Eggm's actions as it sounds like he went beyond a reasonable response. If you're serious about bringing this to court, then I'm sure you'll consider everything and think about it before doing what you feel is right (and that's totally up to you).
exactly.. that's why what i'm saying should hold some weight vs other people's opinions. i can barely move my neck that's how bad it hurts. also i can't lie back on a chair or a pillow or the back of my head hurts like hell. i'm telling you i landed smack on my head im not exaggerating

i heard 2 things once i regained my senses and got up.. "are you okay?" and "you should sue him for that".. 'nough said

Top Bottom