• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] Fight Pitt IV - Streamed by VGBootcamp - April 19h (Pittsburgh, PA)

BHawksFan01

Smash Rookie
NNID
BHawksFan01
Sorry if the answer to this is obvious, I was hoping this would be my first decent-size tourney...

If I were to pre-register and come late (hoping around 1:00-1:30) would I still be able to compete in singles? I was hoping to get my feet wet and meet some smashers in the community, but if I can't compete I don't see a point in taking the trip downtown.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Sorry if the answer to this is obvious, I was hoping this would be my first decent-size tourney...

If I were to pre-register and come late (hoping around 1:00-1:30) would I still be able to compete in singles? I was hoping to get my feet wet and meet some smashers in the community, but if I can't compete I don't see a point in taking the trip downtown.
Singles doesn't start until 3, so you should be fine. You will probably be too late for doubles tho.

Just wondering... Do we know who will be providing commentary for the VGBC stream?

Last edited:

BHawksFan01

Smash Rookie
NNID
BHawksFan01
Singles doesn't start until 3, so you should be fine. You will probably be too late for doubles tho.

Just wondering... Do we know who will be providing commentary for the VGBC stream?
Sweet, thanks. I was already assuming I'd be too late for doubles.

Edit: Turns out my previous obligation was cancelled, and I'll be there from the start. Good luck running everything, guys!

Last edited:

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
What time can I realistically expect this to end? I have to be functional Easter morning and this is a 4 hour drive.

M@v

Subarashii!
Also, we weren't expecting the massive turnout we had last time, so we were caught off guard by it. This time, we are all expecting a large turnout and will be prepared.

Borzooka

Smash Rookie
Im going to be flying in from the west coast of Canada on the 18th. Would anyone want to play some warm up matches that day?

Borzooka

Smash Rookie
That's perfect! I'm all booked up and good to go. Thanks a lot, if you're going, I shall see you there!

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Yooooo Carroll. Am I gonna get to play you in tournament on VGBC's stream?! We need to have a stylefest.

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
Fight Pitt Preregistration ends at 8 PM Eastern Thursday. If you haven't pre-reg'd, your venue fee increases by five, and you will be placed in your pool the day of (which might be risky...)

Furthermore, just a reminder that this tournament will be EXTREMELY strict. Make sure you're on top of your matches. Help your friends out, and help your top players stay on point as well. I have the DQ's handy but I don't want to hand them out.

Also there are 118 preregistered at the time of writing, so HYPE

Last edited:

choodles

Smash Rookie
I'm only signed up for Project M, and I know I'll have to be there by 6 at the latest, but will I have to worry about signing in at some point before that?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Fight Pitt Preregistration ends at 8 PM Eastern Thursday. If you haven't pre-reg'd, your venue fee increases by five, and you will be placed in your pool the day of (which might be risky...)

Furthermore, just a reminder that this tournament will be EXTREMELY strict. Make sure you're on top of your matches. Help your friends out, and help your top players stay on point as well. I have the DQ's handy but I don't want to hand them out.

Also there are 118 preregistered at the time of writing, so HYPE
Pls have PM dubs! Me and Pink Fresh along with other MD/VA PM peepz will come just for that!

I'm sure you would get even more entrants this way!

:018:

Last edited:
Top Bottom