• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 18, 2015] Rebirth III - Sponsored by GamerSaloon - Mewtwo Legal |... (Livonia, Michigan)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire

About:
Sup guys, Ori here to bring you the third installment of the Rebirth Series. Going into the third event I am looking to shatter records once again. Rebirth II shattered the previous record of 65 with an asounding 89 entrants for Singles and 30 teams for Doubles. This installment is looking to generate so much hype with the Mewtwo DLC being released in the week leading up to this event as well as a big potential sponsor for this event. I want to know if the MI Smash 4 scene is ready to make history once again at a Rebirth. Let's do it once again and try to break the record for largest Michigan Smash 4 event!​
Pre-Registration Link

Tournament Organizers
Kalle (Ori_bro): | @KoolOriBro
Livestream
Streamer: Dakota (WuvS)​
Twitch Channel: GooshiGaming

Venue
Vista Tech Center (Schoolcraft College)​
18600 Haggerty Rd, Livonia, MI​

Prices
Venue* - $5​
Smash 4 WiiU Doubles - $10 ($5 per player)​
Smash 4 WiiU Singles - $5​
Amiibo Death Match - $1​
* Venue Fee can be waived if they bring a full Smash 4 Setup (Monitor/WiiU/Adapter)​

Schedule
10:00 AM - Venue Opens/Registration​
12:00 PM - Registration for Smash 4 WiiU Doubles Ends​
12:30 PM - Smash 4 WiiU Doubles Begins​
02:00 PM - Smash 4 WiiU Singles Registration Ends​
02:30 PM - Smash 4 WiiU Wave A Pools Begins​
04:00 PM - Smash 4 WiiU Wave B Pools Begins​
05:30 PM - Smash 4 WiiU Singles Bracket Begins​
08:00 PM - Amiibo Death Match - Side Event​
10:00 PM - Venue Closes​

Sponsors

Rebirth has officially been sponsored by GamerSaloon! This Company is very interested in the local Michigan Smash 4 Scene and wants to join our family. They have added $100 to the Singles Event to add hype to the top 8. Please check them out on Facebook and their Website

We will be using the Pulse Ruleset that I use at the weekly events. Link to full ruleset can found at the bottom of the rules section.

General Rules
• Game Version: 1.0.6 (This will be released in time for Rebirth III)
• Singles: 2 Stock, 6 Minutes
• Doubles: 3 Stock, 8 Minutes

• Customs Fighters are Banned
• Mewtwo is allowed as a character
• Equipment is banned
• Mii Fighters are legal but restricted to 1-1-1-1 specials.

Stagelist
• Neutrals
• Battlefield​
• Final Destination​
• Smashville​
• Counterpicks
• Castle Siege​
• Delfino Plaza​
• Duck Hunt​
• Halberd​
• Lylat Cruise​
• Town & City​
• Omega Stages​
Link to Full Ruleset
• $1 entry
• Only 1 Amiibo per player
• 16 entrant cap, may be raised to 24
• FD, BF, SV only
• Best of 1, Single Elimination (It's like a real death match)
• Customs are allowed
• Equipment is banned
• Winner Takes All
• Grand Finals will be streamed with Commentary

This will start at 8PM since we will be pretty deep into bracket and can dedicate 1 Setup to being the Amiibo Setup.
Under 29
1: 60%​
2: 30%​
3: 10%​
30 - 39
1: 55%​
2: 30%​
3: 10%​
4: 5%​
40 - 75
1: 48%​
2: 22%​
3: 15%​
4: 10%​
5: 2.5% (both 5th places)​
Above 76
1: 40%​
2: 20%​
3: 15%​
4: 10%​
5: 5% (both 5th places)​
7: 2.5% (both 7th places)​
Ori_Incentives
Incentive 1: Break the Record
If Rebirth III breaks the record for largest local the following Pot Bonuses will be added.
• Breaking 100 Entrants = $100 pot bonus
• Breaking 110 Entrants = $110 pot bonus
• Breaking 150 Entrants = $150 pot bonus
Michigan, you have a challenge to try and break. Let's do this. This pot bonus comes from my pocket like usual.

Incentive 2: Setup Initiative
This incentive is the same as what I do at the Project Playhem Weeklies. If you bring a full setup and it is used for the entirety of the event you will be entered into a raffle. The raffle winner will receive free venue/entry to the next Project Playhem weekly they attend.

Additional Information
  • This Tourney will have Mewtwo as a legal character! I will make sure that a good majority of setups will have Mewtwo downloaded and ready to play!
  • BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER! This can't be stressed enough to newer players. We do not supply controllers for you guys to use.
  • Please bring setups! We will need them to run this successfully and efficiently. Ideally if we have 10-12 setups for Smash 4 we will be able to run this event like clockwork since we will have pools at this event. If you are going to be running late, please contact me so we can adjust things properly.
  • Outside food is allowed in the venue, just please clean up after yourself
  • Facebook Event Page!

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
we in there, i also like the schedule alot
I'm really excited to focus on solo game tourneys again, so I took a lot of liberty with the schedule to make it work really well. Just hope we get a lot of setups so it gets done in record time!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Since Michigan's events have been fluctuating between 40-65 players I want to get some incentives for us to continue to make each event set new records. If this event gets over 65 Entrants (GGSS #3 is the current record for largest local) I will be more than willing to add a pot bonus to this event.

Breaking 65 Entrants = $50 pot bonus
Breaking 75 Entrants = $75 pot bonus
Breaking 100 Entrants = $100 pot bonus
Michigan, you have a challenge to try and break. Let's do this.

Icemanx5746

Smash Apprentice
Schoolcraft hype! Haven't been to an offline tourney in so long, I miss the days that I was able to go like every week. Gonna be in the lab for this one!

:4zss::GCU::GCB:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Accepting MM matches at this. I will likely be recording these as well. They will be uploaded.

I challenge the following people to a MM:

@Zinoto Diddy vs Pikachu Best 3/5

@ stewyian stewyian Sonic vs Pikachu Best 2/3

@Killer7Ksev Fox vs Pikachu Best 2/3

@ Nominate10 Nominate10 Lucario vs Pikachu Best 2/3

Anyone else can feel free to challenge me as well.

KentaKurodani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KentaKurodani
3DS FC
5370-0467-0413
I will be trying my best to get there, I likely will have a road test scheduled earlier that day, and possibly work after, so it will all come down to things working out and me not being scheduled. On the bright side, if the driving tester can report results immediately, I might just be able to drive myself out there :D I would be pretty close though. Just in case, is there anyone with a seat open? I live in Novi, so I'm actually relatively close.

Last edited:

KentaKurodani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KentaKurodani
3DS FC
5370-0467-0413
I will be actively driving by then, so my car will have some seats open. Due to level 2 license restrictions, I can't take more than one person under 21 unless someone who is 21 or older is also in the car and has authorization from my parents. I'll update this post with the list, I have at most 4 seats open. If more than one person under 21 requests to come and I already have someone older on board, I can just have the 21 year old talk to my parents for a minute and get their approval, if that's alright with them. If that can't happen, the car will be full for anyone who isn't 21. First come first serve, flat gas fee of $5 unless you live within Novi.

SEATS:
(Under 21 seat still free)
If work becomes an issue I will give people at least a weeks advance notice.

Last edited:

MrFahrenheit

Smash Rookie
My friend Nach0 went to the last tournment. Told me of the great competition, now I can't wait to double up with him for this one!

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Amiibo Side event confirmed! Will update this page tomorrow, check FB for the updates.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I have added the Rules for the Amiibo Side Event! This is only a couple days away and I'm super excited.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Bumping this for Rebirth III on April 18th!

Couple of things to address this time around.
Mewtwo is legal at this event! Meaning this tourney will be ran on Version 1.0.6
• Pre-Reg will likely be mandatory so I can have everything for Singles/Doubles created ahead of time, players would still pay at the door to allow for no shows. If not I may make at the door venue fee slightly higher increase from $5 to $8/$10. Still thinking about this point.
• In the talks with a sponsor right now so there is a possible $100 pot bonus from them as well as other perks for this event.
• If this event breaks 100 entrants I will be adding $100 to the pot. I'd love to add a $200 pot bonus for this event :)
• I'll be releasing a trailer this week for the event with all the details on Sponsorship(s) and what not.
• Pre-Reg link will be live once the trailer is live.
• I'll be releasing a trailer this week for the event with all the details on Sponsorship(s) and what not.

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
100 percent gonna try to make it here if I'm not working on Saturday.

NachoOfCheese

Smash Ace
NNID
NachoOfCheese
Bumping this for Rebirth III on April 18th!

Couple of things to address this time around.
• Pre-Reg will likely be mandatory so I can have everything for Singles/Doubles created ahead of time, players would still pay at the door to allow for no shows. If not I may make at the door venue fee slightly higher increase from $5 to $8/$10. Still thinking about this point.
• In the talks with a sponsor right now so there is a possible $100 pot bonus from them as well as other perks for this event.
• If this event breaks 100 entrants I will be adding $100 to the pot. I'd love to add a $200 pot bonus for this event :)
• Pre-Reg link will be live once the trailer is live.
Will Mewtwo be legal?

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
This should be great. Especially since Mewtwo is legal.

MEWTWO HYPE!!!!

Top Bottom