• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 12, 2014] Fire Temple (Brawl + PM) Supported by MLG! (Los Angeles, California)

D

Deleted member

With the success of the last tournament, here is SoCal's next big regional!! Ultimate Gaming Center has proved to be an amazing venue, so we'll keep with it and continue to hold tournaments there! Big thanks to their staff for letting us run our events there :) As always, clean up after yourself and do not break anything in the venue or else you will have to pay for it. UGC is kind enough to offer snacks, merchandise, and more, so please show respect to the venue!!

Prices
Venue Fee (must pay in order to enter the tournament area!): $10
Brawl 1v1: $10
Brawl 2v2: $10 per team ($5 per person)
Amateur Bracket (if you don't make it out of pools) : $3

Discounts:
$5 off venue fee if you bring a FULL SETUP (tv+wii) and we use it.

***We will be running 8 Bracket Pools where top 4 make it out. Those who make it out of pools will be entered into pro bracket for free. If you do not make it out of pools, there will be an amateur bracket offered with a $3 entry and a payout for those interested.***

Schedule (STRICT)
It's recommended to show up at least 30 mins before the event you want to enter. Please show up on time! If you are going to be late, text me at (818) 876 2090 and tell me your gamertag and how late you will be. I won't wait forever though, so get here on time if you want to be in the bracket!

11:00 am: Venue opens and registration/friendlies begin shortly
12:00 pm: Registration for singles ends
12:30 pm: Singles Pools begin
1:30 pm: Registration for doubles ends
2:00 pm: Doubles Bracket/Amateur Bracket
4:00 pm: Pro Bracket Begins

Payouts

Singles Pro Bracket Payout:
1st: 50% of pot
2nd: 25% of pot
3rd: 10% of pot
4th: 5% of pot
5th: 3% of pot
5th: 3% of pot
7th: 2% of pot
7th: 2% of pot
**If there are less than 60 entrants payout will be to top 6.**

Doubles Payout
1st: 58% of pot
2nd: 28% of pot
3rd: 9% of pot
4th: 5% of pot
*If less than 20 teams enter, payout will be top 3*

Amateur Bracket
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
Stream
http://www.twitch.tv/ugclive

More info may be added, keep checking back for more.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14434
https://www.facebook.com/events/204751729727447/204751733060780

Email me at datzantho@gmail.com if you have any questions!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Rules:
Bring your own controller.
Settings:
3 stocks
8 minute timer
Items set to off and none
Team Attack On
Pause Off*
No aesthetic hacks*

Starter Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpicks
Castle Siege
Pokemon Stadium 1
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon

Gameplay:
•Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals are best of five.
•All other sets are best of three.
•Timeout victories are determined by stock count, ledge grab limit (35 per player), percent.
•Double Meta Knight is banned in teams.
•Any action that can prevent the game from continuing is banned (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, stalling under the stage, etc.).
Conduct:
•Tournament attendees are expected to maintain respectful conduct towards other attendees and players (i.e. not knocking players, yelling in ears, etc.).
•Tournament attendees are expected to respect the venue, equipment, and other's property; and liable for any damages they render.
•Coaching is allowed only between games.
•Bracket manipulation is not allowed (intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, subbing).
•Wii Remote must have batteries removed when not playing.
All other inquiries and issues are determined at the discretion of the TO. Failure to adhere to rules will lead to punishment at the TO's choosing, which could include the removal from the venue.
First game procedure:*
-Players determine who chooses port and who chooses stage strike order, if necessary by coin flip (or other method agreed to by players)
-Players choose port, alternating between teams in doubles.
-Players strike stages in alternating order:
1 strike - 2 strikes - 1 strike - 1 strike - 1 strike
After each game:*
-Players may counter pick the next stage and controller port after a game loss.
-Players may strike the last stage they lost on during their opponents counter pick.
-Players may (additionally) strike another stage during their opponents counter pick.
In the event of a tie, a 1 stock 3 minute lgl 10 match will be played to determine the winner.
*per request by player

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm going to be keeping an eye on my school schedule and airline tickets to see if I want to come to this. Currently plane tickets are $540-$600 to go from DTW to LAX.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Cali and Florida are two scenes I enjoy being around, and I want a good excuse to go somewhere warm and snowless.

D

Deleted member

Haha yeah. Its pretty warm here. Sometimes cold but not snowing :happysheep:

D

Deleted member

Bump and updated OP
This is now an MLG supported event for west coast! You don't want to miss this hype event!

D

Deleted member

There is no age limit! :) Anyone is allowed to come have fun and compete!

Strawberrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Captainfalconcru
Me: About 2 more weeks left!

Zan: Hype!!

(One week later)
Zan: Bump. One week left.

Me: I'm so hyped, hype doesn't even explain how I feel! :D

D

Deleted member

Theres going to be raffles for a new gamecube controller for this! Hype =)

D

Deleted member

Even though this is SUPER late, I might add melee or project M singles. Would people be interested? Im leaning more towards melee unless anyone wants to change my mind.

Top Bottom