• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 12, 2014] Civil War VI- EVO SEEDING POINTS, $500 MELEE POT BONUS,... (Richmond, VA)

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
https://www.facebook.com/events/444127632387507/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular&source=1

REGISTRATION OPENS SUNDAY FEB 23

WHEN: April 12th- 13th 2014

WHERE:
Virginia Commonwealth University
Academic Learning Commons
1000 W Floyd Ave
Richmond, VA

Room Rate: 99$/ night FRI/SAT/SUN

http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/R/RICFSDT-CWF-20140411/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

Doubletree is a nice hotel within walking distance to the venue.

$69/ Night Comfort Inn Midtown

To reserve call 804-359-4061

Team Spooky will be streaming
VG Bootcamp will be streaming

Others will be streaming

GAME LIST:

Street Fighter IV AE2012 (Xbox 360)

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (Xbox 360)

King Of Fighters 13 (Xbox 360)

BBCP (Whatever version EVO's on)

Injustice: Gods Among Us (Xbox 360)

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (supergun)
(X-mania/EVO Tournament of Legends qualifier)

Guilty Gear AC+R (Xbox)

Killer Instinct (XB1)

Super Smash Bros Melee (GC/Wii)

Project M (wii)

Divekick (PS3)

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (360)

Tetris Attack (SNES)

Mario Kart 7 (3DS)

Pokemon X/Y (3DS)

How Much?
Event Badge (required to enter any tournaments)

Early Bird 20$ (Feb 23- Feb 28)

Normal (until March 31 ): 30$

Week of/Door Fee: 40$

Spectators: 10$ for the whole weekend!

$10 per game

HOW TO GET HERE: http://rvatournaments.tumblr.com/post/46970645402/transportation-to-civil-war-v-how-to-get-there

Last edited:

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
For what it's worth, I'm going to be doing the seeding/match calling/etc. Renegade is TOing the whole event; I'm covering the Smash stuff along with (hopefully) a couple others. Firstly, every setup is needed and can be accommodated as there are tables with outlets all throughout the room. Seriously guys, bring setups please. :) It'll help everything run so much more efficiently. Also, be on time and register EARLY. It'll make everyone's lives a hell of a lot easier.

Last edited:

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
VGBootCamp will be showing support with a stream <3

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
This years civil war has officially opened! For the next 3 days prereg will only be a whopping 20$ VENUE!

http://tinyurl.com/CivilWar6Reg

This early bird special wont last long so get it while its hot, why is this so hot you ask!???

http://rvatournaments.tumblr.com/po...ar-vi-registration-is-live-early-bird-only-20

Register within February to get in on VA’s biggest tournament before the price goes up to $30 March 1st!

Don’t forget to book your hotel:

Room Rate: 99$/ night FRI/SAT/SUN

http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/...RICFSDT-CWF-20140411/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

Doubletree is a nice hotel within walking distance to the venue.

$69/ Night Comfort Inn Midtown

To reserve call 804-359-4061

Parking Passes for the venue can be obtained here:

https://vcu.clickandpark.com/event

RICHMOND VA! APRIL 12th and 13th! BE THERE!

Last edited:

Egadd

Smash Rookie
Agh, I totally forgot about Civil War. I want to complain about the largish fees, but considering I live 20 minutes away I probably shouldn't complain. Hopefully I'll be able to pop up for P:M!

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
Agh, I totally forgot about Civil War. I want to complain about the largish fees, but considering I live 20 minutes away I probably shouldn't complain. Hopefully I'll be able to pop up for P:M!
Civil War's Venue fees are the lowest of any major tournament.

Early bird was $20. :-) In comparison, CEO's early bird is 35$, normal is 45$, and door is $60.

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
In case you guys haven't heard, Melee has been confirmed to be at Evo 2014. And as the Civil War series is an established FGC tournament series, seeding points will be awarded for Evo. This makes me both super excited and anxious to run the smash events.

Also, as things currently stand, I highly recommend pre-registering for the tournament now or any time before the week of. Venue fee has been bumped up to $30, which is normal I assume for large FGC tournaments, but the week of the tournament and at the door, venue fee jumps to $40. SO REGISTER NOW, YOU DINGUS!

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
I don't even think many people are aware that this is an EVO qualifier?...

I certainly wasn't.

(Stealth bump)
It wasn't until Melee was confirmed at Evo. I'm hoping Renegade will update the thread title along with the announcement he has set for Monday.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
for future reference the easiest way to get a thread stickied is to report the OP and say it's a major (provided it is one)

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
Hey, are 13 yr. olds allowed? I don't really want to show up and be kicked out.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
If yes, is this an "anyone can enter but you gotta be fairly good" or is this just for really good people.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
Yes, you're allowed. Will you have a parental unit accompanying you?
Yeah, I would. I would also be bringing my friend. Thanks for clearing this up, guys. I hadn't seen any pictures so I had no idea what kind of tournament this is. Any of you know where I can find an album or a recording of the last one?

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
and since my second question was not answered, I'll just ask it again. How good should I be if I want to join?

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
and since my second question was not answered, I'll just ask it again. How good should I be if I want to join?
You can be of any skill level to participate. The only thing that would prevent someone from participating in the tournament is if they didn't pay the venue/entree fee or if they break obvious codes of conduct. However, with that said, you can expect there to be very talented players at this event. Don't let them discourage you; instead, embrace the reality that a person can be so skilled at such a video game and let it fuel your desire to improve. :)

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
Arcadia nailed it. All skills are welcome. Don't be discouraged by your first time, instead, really take in the top players and what they're doing.

Kinda awesome to watch, really.

Smash wasn't streamed the last time it was at Civil War, but follow VGbootcamp for a good idea of the players that can come out!

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
No doubles? :(
There is a high likelihood of there being melee doubles at this since it is seemingly in high demand from people that I've talked to. PM doubles is unlikely, but if there's enough interest and time, it can be done. I'm going to do my best to get singles for both melee and PM up to top 8 or 16 as fast as possible on Saturday so that there will be time for dubs on Saturday night.

Last edited:

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
There is a high likelihood of there being melee doubles at this since it is seemingly in high demand from people that I've talked to. PM doubles is unlikely, but if there's enough interest and time, it can be done. I'm going to do my best to get singles for both melee and PM up to top 8 or 16 as fast as possible on Saturday so that there will be time for dubs on Saturday night.
No doubles? :(
This.

After pools Sat and Sunday should be ample time for a side doubles event. So long as it doesn't interfere with the top 8/16 of the singles tourneys.

You guys should have fun, after all.

Top Bottom