• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching with perfect pivot down-smash

ASAP_Smash

Smash Cadet
Been messing with this online. So far it seems to be one of Doc's more viable approaches with it being low profile, quick, and strong. The only problem is getting used to approaching with it. There's just a lot more mental pressure to it than pivoting away. What do you guys think?

Capt. Tin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Capt.Tin
I don't see how it would work, especially at low percents.

I've had several times where a down smash at low percents doesn't send far enough away and then I get punished because it has too much ending lag.

This especially sounds problematic with how unsafe the move is on shield.

Last edited:

ASAP_Smash

Smash Cadet
I don't see how it would work, especially at low percents.

I've had several times where a down smash at low percents doesn't send far enough away and then I get punished because it has too much ending lag.

This especially sounds problematic with how unsafe the move is on shield.
Then don't hit it on shield or low percents.
Let's focus on when you should use it.

First I'd like to note that when approaching with this, Doc will be hitting with the late hit-box. That means 30 frames of recovery as opposed to 40.

EDIT: Phrasing

Last edited:
Top Bottom