• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching with A Cross Up Reverse Bair As A Mix up?

Dinglehopper

Smash Rookie
Thoughts on approaching with the reverse hit box of a bair OR crossing up their shield with it as a mix up? I've found some success with it against people who are shield grab happy or as a DI mixup for combos. But how viable is it really?

Debra!

Smash Rookie
In my experience it hasn't been the greatest approach option given that it leaves you pretty vulnerable from the front. However, the reverse bair is easily one of my favorite moves to throw into a combo...maybe follow up with turn around u-tilt at low percents or into a down air off stage

Cressel

Smash Rookie
yeah I just can't see why you wouldn't approach with a nair instead. Late nair to shine works as well on shieldgrab happy people. weak reverse bair works great as a combo extender when they DI in, and the strong hitbox as combo finisher to throw off their DI as you mentioned. Reverse bair has it uses but I don't see approaching as one of them.

Top Bottom