• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching Tips Please

Ahrima

Smash Rookie
Hey friends, been playing Wario for a super long time now but I feel like I've kind of hit a wall.
Looking for some tips for approaching other people because I find the only safe and reliable way to approach is to wait for an opportunity to grab and go for it.
Most of the time when I go in with moves horizontally on shield, it seems like an easy shield grab for the other person.
But if I approach vertically it can be extremely punishing.

All tips are extreeeeeemely welcomed

Anime

Smash Journeyman
First of all, you don't have to ever approach. Any second you're not fighting, you charge waft. Secondly, because of Wario's high aerial drift, he can get a lot of utility from all of his moves. Hit them with bair, and then immediately drift away. Neutral air through them, and land behind them to cross them up. Fair, fade away, then jump back in and fair again. You get the idea. You can mess with them and empty hop to a little far away from them and then d-tilt poke them, or f-tilit. And of course you can always yolo bite them out of shield.

Top Bottom