• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approach Options?

Zarkaz

Smash Rookie
Long story short I only seem to approach with razor leaf+grab or SH Fair. Does Ivy have any better options approaching faster characters(Sonic and Spacies seem to give me the most trouble so far) It seems like anything else I do gets punished or beaten out

Last edited:

Pickles33

Smash Rookie
I tend to razor leaf into nair or just approach with a short hop nair. Its nice against shield because you can cross it over to avoid most punishes and if it hit has nice follow ups like utilts to fair or solar beam.

TheObsoletecomputer

Smash Rookie
Personally I love wavedash into d-tilt as an approach because if you space it right you're generally way too far away for the opponent to punish, and it's difficult to see coming sometimes.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
I wish I knew.

On the real, tbh you can just space bair towards them I guess. You've already named two approach options. Dtilt isn't that bad either.

Last edited:

-Sothe

Smash Cadet
Fullhop fair, wavedash in f-tilt (anti-crouch cancel, or as good as it gets anyway), wavedash in jabs, RAR bair, moonwalk bair, SH nair, fullhop fair -> falling nair shield pressure sequence. I dunno, anything involving nair is terrible against someone who crouch cancels and just shines you after.

it's Papa

Smash Apprentice
If you've got good stage position, sometimes it's better to just let your opponent try to approach you and then stuff them with a huge disjoint, which you can usually then convert into a combo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom