• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Applying Shield Pressure

Brent Bruthaa

Smash Cadet
Hi guys,

I recently started playing Lucario in Ultimate and finding him really fun to play. I have a question about shield pressure as I've noticed many of his attacks have long start up or end lag. Does any Lucario player have success in forcing opponents into mistakes by applying shield pressure? Or is it more beneficial to try for reads and hit aura spheres?
If Lucario can pressure sheilds well, which attacks do you use to do so?

Crucible

Smash Apprentice
NNID
4evrsmash
Imo Lucario is a character that benefits greatly from reads. Like you said, other than maybe dair, none of our moves come out very quickly although jab just got buffed but it still isn’t great for cqc shield pressure. I like to keep a mid range when applying moderate pressure and when I see them starting to hold shield a bit much just run up and force palm grab.

Top Bottom