• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

----------

D

Deleted member

----------

Last edited by a moderator:

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
It is a very ,very good way of edge-guarding low recoveries since when you come at them, they're going to expect a nair/fair, but then you b-rev side-b and suddenly, you're in the perfect position to nail them with bair. It can be difficult, but you can go as low as you need (at least with Chrom, Roy's doesn't go as high) and threaten them with a KO if they try to play it safe and go as low as they can and when they get scared of it, edge-guard as normal. There's a Mr.R clip from a past tourney doing this to someone with Chrom, but I can't find it ATM.

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
It depends on your perspective. If you like having a recovery (not necessarily a good one mind you), Roy might be better for you since he's the safer pick of the two. If want to use the full extent of your range without worrying about hitting a unwanted sour-spot and crush opponents with aether (which is a busted OOS option/combo ender since it can deal up to 26%) and don't mind being brutally edge-guarded by almost everyone in return (though smart use of drifting and air-dodging can help in a pinch), pick Chrom.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I see thanks for the comparison I see it better and I think I will stick with Roy for now

Top Bottom