• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex USA Brawl Crew Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Alright, so we were having our weekly APEX meeting and all the crew captains for each game have been decided expect Brawl USA, so we wanted a few nominations from those Brawl players. Obviously being a crew captain only entails so much but its about the pride and having fun so we're definitely looking for the best one possible.

I nominated June and GNES, either one would be valuable and do a good job imo, so tell us what you guys think. Nominate who you want, doesn't have to be between these two.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Gnes pleaseeee

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
No no, I'm a terrible choice. I don't understand the overall talent in regions outside of FL and NY/NJ. I don't know **** about WC other than the super top players, but I don't know their MU expertise.

Havok knows everything.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I see a lot of votes for Havok so I'm peer pressuring myself back to my original choice!

Havok also plays a lot of high tier characters at a top enough level to beat many top players.

I'm mainly voting for him because that notebook he had of a player's habits etc wowed the hell outta me. Plus almost every time I watch him play, even if he loses, he adapts mid match at an alarming rate. Just makes me think he knows a lot about the game.

Gnes is one of my favorite players, more so than Havok tbh. So if he is chosen I will still be happy.

JUST DON'T CHOOSE INUI!!!!

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
IDK if my vote counts, but Havok would be a great choice! He knows a lot about everyone, and that would be extremely useful!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Why don't Havok and Gnes co-captain? I mean Havok's the WC expert and Gnes is just awesome...and everyone knows about EC **** lol.

King~

Smash Champion
why not have Gnes and Havok Co-Captain, since they seem to be the consensus

im sure they could get in the lab together have like everything mapped out to perfection lol

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
I don't care as long as people listen to Tearbear. Havok doesn't really pay attention to things outside of America and doesn't know a lot of nonmainstream match ups. Terry is like the expert on beating kooky players(which I forsee a lot off OoC players being since we've hardly encountered them before). And adapts in a different way that Havok. just as fast, if not faster. He brings a different outlook to the table that not many people see.

:phone:

**Havok**

Smash Lord
lol Zekey. I'm glad you brought these things up.

True, Terry might know more about the more obscure matches but I have the capacity to learn quick even outside of practice. It's what I'm good at and what I pride myself for. For the amount that I practice lately I do well. Most of Terry's characteristics were passed down from myself because we played so much, while I didn't necessarily coach directly %100 of the time, I did do some guidance from time to time. Just like Terry learned those traits from me, I learned mine from my own mentor, TKD. Everytime Terry does well it's like I'm indirectly doing well because we helped each other advance and I'm damn proud of him for doing as well as he has for himself in the last two years.

And I do keep up with Europe because they play so different... and it works for them. While I don't expect them to do well amongst the likes of M2K or Ally, they may be very different to deal with than we're accustomed to for the rest of us.

Besides a captain's job isn't to merely place a list together and wing it. His purpose is to listen to each members thoughts, receive input on situations, and that's exactly what went down at Genesis 2 (I was WC captain). After every match we huddled and discussed the next course of action. As a TEAM. Simple communication and clarity of situations. It wasn't a sole effort, it was the teams effort.

I would be extremely honored if the title would be passed onto me and I would make sure to come prepared in terms of my personal skill level and making sure things go smoothly at the crew battle.

-Havok

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Edited to make my post not look so ********. But yeah, I'd prefer you as captain anyways. You're definitely solid grounded. And you have that Mexican honor and pride to give this everything you can. and you're ****ing ****.

I vote Havok.

:phone:

Trela

Smash Lord
Havok made a great Captain at Genesis 2 for the WC, and I know he'd loved to have the honor of leading the entire USA this time. I'm also sure that Gnes, who seems to be the second person that everyone wants to lead us, would vote to have this guy as our Captain again and not himself.

I vote Havok.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
LMAOOOOOOOO i was just starting a chain, i didn't even read what the thread was for or the OP...

But yeah, now that I know..

I vote Havok.

Zee725

Smash Apprentice
Havok is a great leader and would do an amazing job as the US captain. Vegas backs Havok 100%.

I vote Havok.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
doesn't matter who it is, since you guys will lose anyway

RichBrown

Smash Master
Gnes co-captain would be a cool idea =)

Also I respect Mr R for coming in here to start the **** talk, even if his crew is inferior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom