• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 APEX Tournament Caps have now been raised!

LLDL

Smash Hero
It's not a difficult problem to fix, just an overload, not a ddos attack or anything.

site will be back as soon as they get home.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
so... what was the biggest number last time? I think the last "big" P:M tournament was, like, something that just barely broke 100.

this tournament is gonna be nuts. it helps that it's new enough where a lot of players can basically be considered stealth killers, I'd be surprised if anyone can accurately guess who's even getting top 8

smashmachine

Smash Lord
I'll bet on Armada for top 8, since he doesn't even have to worry about Melee singles :cool:
speaking of Melee, it's so going past 600

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
so... what was the biggest number last time? I think the last "big" P:M tournament was, like, something that just barely broke 100.

this tournament is gonna be nuts. it helps that it's new enough where a lot of players can basically be considered stealth killers, I'd be surprised if anyone can accurately guess who's even getting top 8
Record before APEX is 105 (MELEE-FC). We've had a few tourneys in the 90s and 80s since then though.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I don't even know if armada's doing P:M. if he is, he's not up on the entries, while your hungryboxes and M2Ks are

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
I don't even know if armada's doing P:M. if he is, he's not up on the entries, while your hungryboxes and M2Ks are
Armada's not signed up for anything, so I don't know if he has some back room connection with Apex staff or something.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
just so we're all clear, near-final numbers (only a few hours left)

Melee: 630 (jeeeeesus)
Brawl: 357
Project M: 393

shoutouts to "that one non-official mod that never mattered" for getting more numbers than brawl
shoutouts to "420YoloSwag4Jesus", who is probably going to be top 3 based on that name alone

FreedomFighter

Smash Cadet
According to the official Apex website Brawl got 338 entrants for singles last year. So 357 means it's already more despite a lot less Japanese players coming this year.

Smash in general seems to be steadily gaining in popularity so instead of bickering over which Smash game is the best, perhaps we should just enjoy how far it's come as a whole for competitive play.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
just so we're all clear, near-final numbers (only a few hours left)

Melee: 630 (jeeeeesus)
Brawl: 357
Project M: 393

shoutouts to "that one non-official mod that never mattered" for getting more numbers than brawl
shoutouts to "420YoloSwag4Jesus", who is probably going to be top 3 based on that name alone
Hey don't forget about 64.

157 entrants compared to last year's 95. This 15 year old game has been getting more entrants every year at apex.

FreedomFighter

Smash Cadet
What I don't get is how on earth this event is going to finish in just 3 days lol.

Last year they it went extremely late (finished at like 4AM EST) and this year there are more entrants for every single game. Nearly double the entrants for 64, a bit more for Brawl, nearly double for Melee, and an open bracket this time for PM (last year it was invitational only I think) with nearly 400 entrants.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
yeah what I'm doing is gloating but I am SO GOD DAMN PROUD

we were those weird misfits who, until a year ago, didn't even have a proper board on here, and now we have one of the biggest entry numbers in the entire tournament

US GUYS!!!! the idiots who kept playing a mod that was never going to hit big because why would anyone play our non-official game, and WE'RE ONE OF THE BIGGEST IN THE TOURNAMENT AAAAAAAAAA

e: oh btw our final-final number is 400. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Top Bottom