• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

apex shoutouts thread

Dext3rM.

Smash Apprentice
i meet very cool persons this apex props to soto, stud. snorlax, nubs and weedwack for housing and everyone for the hospitality i enjoyed more this apex that than last time, and to shalaka, kyle, bombb, boom, jaime, the z, tacos, combo blaze, killer, star king, wizzy, karjan, hipstur and the super doggy for being so friendly i love you guys :) sorry if im forgeting someone else

Morin0

Smash Lord
I got screwed over at this year's Apex just like last year. My interest in this game is at an all-time low. To not be able to play online because I lag or there are no online WC players, and the fact that when there is an opportunity to play on console, my adapter is bugging out or something; it makes me not want to play the game anymore. When I use another controller other than my xbox controller, I don't have as much fun with the game. But there is no one to blame but myself for screwing myself over for using an xbox controller for 5+ years. Sheer the beer was right – I should have switched to a n64 controller and played on that for a while. At this point, it is simply too late.

I know I've said this many times in the past, but I am playing Melee now. I like this game. It's nice to be able to plug in my controller and play. It's nice to have people to play with on console for once. Having said that, though, I have a lot of fond memories with smash 64 and the community in it. I am not saying this to demean 64 or talk **** about it. I have simply stopped having fun with the game and I am moving on.

So that's simply what has been going on with me. As for the shout outs...

Wizzobe: Your playstyle rustles my jmmies and I love it. Nice job on the placing.

superboomfan: you didn't get to see my miku shirt; I had fun playing you and jaime in teams.

jaimehr: you're hilarious. Shout outs to the car gas hat.

pidge: it was nice to meet you

FU crew (zedz, wilde, ybombb, etc etc): hello

firo: I didn't say hi to you because I was 2 shy

komo: thanks for the apple juice lol

star king: it was nice seeing you again, max. :) I felt bad that after everyone had gone to sleep, I was playing you with my xbox
controller and you had to use a regular controller. When we were playing teams, I could feel the frustration in you. lol.

breakthrough: it was nice finally meeting you.

fire-kun: impressive performance on sunday.

kero: I don't know if I would have beaten you had I used my xbox controller, but I feel like I would have played better.

stranded: dat ******* hoodie. Why did you sleep outside of the socal room?

guy who bought pizza: I love you.

rob stone: I don't know if you really did quit after Apex, but see you later, space cowboy.

banze: fun friendlies :) I like that you commend the other player as you play

cabelo: Nice Fox.

LA guys: it was nice to see my LA friends at Apex. Huge shout outs to Soto for being a pivotal figure in getting the stream running and getting some stuff recorded. The SoCal ROOM was cool.

shears: way to break your controller, man. lol

maafia and his brother: you guys are really good. Your brother impressed me a lot. It was nice meeting you two :)

hero pie: we did well in teams :) that was a nice chat, too.

karajan: Thanks a bunch for the adapter and your help when it was malfunctioning. I think your adapter was a huge help for the 64 community. On top of that, I think you're a cool guy. Also, thanks for buying us all dinner when you came to SoCal. :)

kyle: I appreciate you taking the initiative to get the teespring out to help me get to Apex. You've done similar things for me in the past, and I appreciate it a lot.

sedda: nice meeting you! I wish we talked more.

LD: thanks for letting me use your xbox controller when my adapter wasn't working

hipstur: thanks for letting me use your xbox controller when my adapter wasn't working with my xbox controller.

shout outs to the school cafeteria tier food at the new venue.

I think there are some I am forgetting, and there are some people that I do remember, but we only exchanged hellos and that was that. Just like 2014, getting to meet people and playing friendlies was the best part of Apex.

I also want to thank anyone that bought a shirt to help me get to Apex. You guys are the best.

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠I want to dedicate this section to bloodpeach. This guy, man... he is incredibly selfless. He has opened his home 2 years in a row for people looking for housing. Not only that, he will drive you to Apex, pick you up from the airport, drop you off at the airport,
pick you up from wherever you are, etc. All of this in exchange for nothing. (Unless you really, really want to give him money; he will be hesitant to take it.) The teespring funding was not enough for my flight, so bloodpeach covered the rest. I ****ed up somewhere in that process and he ended up paying for way more than what he was supposed to. Because of my financial situation, he has paid for a lot of my food both in 2014 and this year. This year, I believe he paid for everyone's fat sandwiches. Twice. (I think.) On Saturday, when it was time to go to the new venue, someone had crashed into his car or something while it was parked because the front bumper was hanging a bit and looked damaged. So instead of calling his insurance company to get this sorted out, he drove us to the new venue because we were late. When he housed SK, the Chigago players and I, he would give up his bed so other players can sleep. I have no idea where he ended up sleeping. Before the Chicago players arrived at his house, he was meticulously working on adapters so that players like SK can use them. There are still things that I am forgetting.

I am incredibly indebted to bloodpeach. I am really thankful for all he has done. Thanks again for everything, Jacob!
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
NEAR DONT LEAAAVEEEEEEEEEE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
it was really nice meeting you too

and yeah shoutouts to jacob. he has helped me get to a tournament in the past too. <3

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
I got screwed over at this year's Apex just like last year. My interest in this game is at an all-time low. To not be able to play online because I lag or there are no online WC players, and the fact that when there is an opportunity to play on console, my adapter is bugging out or something; it makes me not want to play the game anymore. When I use another controller other than my xbox controller, I don't have as much fun with the game. But there is no one to blame but myself for screwing myself over for using an xbox controller for 5+ years. Sheer the beer was right – I should have switched to a n64 controller and played on that for a while. At this point, it is simply too late.

I know I've said this many times in the past, but I am playing Melee now. I like this game. It's nice to be able to plug in my controller and play. It's nice to have people to play with on console for once. Having said that, though, I have a lot of fond memories with smash 64 and the community in it. I am not saying this to demean 64 or talk **** about it. I have simply stopped having fun with the game and I am moving on.

So that's simply what has been going on with me. As for the shout outs...

Wizzobe: Your playstyle rustles my jmmies and I love it. Nice job on the placing.

superboomfan: you didn't get to see my miku shirt; I had fun playing you and jaime in teams.

jaimehr: you're hilarious. Shout outs to the car gas hat.

pidge: it was nice to meet you

FU crew (zedz, wilde, ybombb, etc etc): hello

firo: I didn't say hi to you because I was 2 shy

komo: thanks for the apple juice lol

star king: it was nice seeing you again, max. :) I felt bad that after everyone had gone to sleep, I was playing you with my xbox
controller and you had to use a regular controller. When we were playing teams, I could feel the frustration in you. lol.

breakthrough: it was nice finally meeting you.

fire-kun: impressive performance on sunday.

kero: I don't know if I would have beaten you had I used my xbox controller, but I feel like I would have played better.

stranded: dat ******* hoodie. Why did you sleep outside of the socal room?

guy who bought pizza: I love you.

rob stone: I don't know if you really did quit after Apex, but see you later, space cowboy.

banze: fun friendlies :) I like that you commend the other player as you play

cabelo: Nice Fox.

LA guys: it was nice to see my LA friends at Apex. Huge shout outs to Soto for being a pivotal figure in getting the stream running and getting some stuff recorded. The SoCal ROOM was cool.

shears: way to break your controller, man. lol

maafia and his brother: you guys are really good. Your brother impressed me a lot. It was nice meeting you two :)

hero pie: we did well in teams :) that was a nice chat, too.

karajan: Thanks a bunch for the adapter and your help when it was malfunctioning. I think your adapter was a huge help for the 64 community. On top of that, I think you're a cool guy. Also, thanks for buying us all dinner when you came to SoCal. :)

kyle: I appreciate you taking the initiative to get the teespring out to help me get to Apex. You've done similar things for me in the past, and I appreciate it a lot.

sedda: nice meeting you! I wish we talked more.

LD: thanks for letting me use your xbox controller when my adapter wasn't working

hipstur: thanks for letting me use your xbox controller when my adapter wasn't working with my xbox controller.

shout outs to the school cafeteria tier food at the new venue.

I think there are some I am forgetting, and there are some people that I do remember, but we only exchanged hellos and that was that. Just like 2014, getting to meet people and playing friendlies was the best part of Apex.

I also want to thank anyone that bought a shirt to help me get to Apex. You guys are the best.

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠I want to dedicate this section to bloodpeach. This guy, man... he is incredibly selfless. He has opened his home 2 years in a row for people looking for housing. Not only that, he will drive you to Apex, pick you up from the airport, drop you off at the airport,
pick you up from wherever you are, etc. All of this in exchange for nothing. (Unless you really, really want to give him money; he will be hesitant to take it.) The teespring funding was not enough for my flight, so bloodpeach covered the rest. I ****ed up somewhere in that process and he ended up paying for way more than what he was supposed to. Because of my financial situation, he has paid for a lot of my food both in 2014 and this year. This year, I believe he paid for everyone's fat sandwiches. Twice. (I think.) On Saturday, when it was time to go to the new venue, someone had crashed into his car or something while it was parked because the front bumper was hanging a bit and looked damaged. So instead of calling his insurance company to get this sorted out, he drove us to the new venue because we were late. When he housed SK, the Chigago players and I, he would give up his bed so other players can sleep. I have no idea where he ended up sleeping. Before the Chicago players arrived at his house, he was meticulously working on adapters so that players like SK can use them. There are still things that I am forgetting.

I am incredibly indebted to bloodpeach. I am really thankful for all he has done. Thanks again for everything, Jacob!
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
Don't leave yet! Why don't you use a Game cube to N64 adapter since you're used to the GC remote for melee? I'm sure it'll work!

Annex

Smash Ace
shoutouts to all the beautiful people of apex I got to meet and play with
you guys are the best 4 reel :029:

Olikus

Smash Champion
Shoutouts to me flaking. See you all next year! (you god damn naive kids)

Morin0

Smash Lord
I knew something was missing from this Apex. Amongst the crowd of 64 players, there was not a single head with glorious blond hair.

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to that platform land fair combo Taco's yoshi pulled on Mariguas' pikachu.

Smash is art.

Top Bottom