• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
TOWN

Malakandra
- Town, duh.

Maven - Probably my weakest town read, tbh. However, I see no reason for scum Maven to rush that claim out and I really don't like the slots he's been getting attention from. The PoE on this slot is still a good look.

FF - I like FF's content, but really, REALLY need to see more. At the moment, he can certainly stay, but I think this slot is going to need to be solved by looking at the connections from other flips. I don't see a hypothetical S!Frozen bussing at this point. It doesn't look likely with the behavior I've witnessed. Therefore, I'm really curious about the alignments of those FF has been pushing.

Eido - I like him! Particularly his post talking about who he'd be willing to lynch. It lines up pretty solidly where I'd expect a new town player to have fallen. I'm about it. Anyone who's comfortably talking about LaserGuy, tell me if Eido vs LaserGuy can be SvS with the way Laser came after him.

Somitomi - Another weak read. My reasoning has stayed mostly the same as before as Somitomi hasn't had much presence. This read could radically change quickly and will if I don't see more content before day's end. I NEED Somi to get involved and be a part of the end of this phase. To be out there trying to affect how the game is going. Either way though, this slot looks clearly better than other slots that I have less content than I want from.

Code:
~~~~~~~~~

[B][U]NULL[/U]

Red Ryu[/B] - I don't have much to say about this slot. Mostly, his posts haven't left a large impression. I remember him defending Laser, but I don't actually know what he's trying to accomplish with it. Could be town trying to save a townie, could be scum trying to save a townie for town cred, could be scum trying to save a teammate from a lynch. I'm fairly confident he believes what he's saying about Laser or he wouldn't be there regardless of alignment. I really need some time to interact with Ruy, real time.

[B]Vicarin[/B] - Since Vicarin has been out of the spotlight, they've faded into obscurity for me. I've seen a very sanitized approach to poking around and I can't recall enough about the actual conclusions. [USER=468155]@Vicarin[/USER] can you furnish me with an updated view of where you're going, what your backup choices are, and just your general opinion on the state of the game. I'd like to update this read.

~~~~~~~~~
SCUM

UtopianPoyzin
- UP's intro to the thread was good! UP's kinda faded into the background and is letting things happen now though. Sabrar, however, looked bad. I really don't like the way he went about leaving a double vote dropped on Xivii from early in the phase. I would need way more from UP to turn this slot around.

Wam - I don't have much background to read Wam, meta-wise, but I really hate his reads. I really hate his process. I really hate his behavior. I've been pretty okay with yeeting Wam this whole phase. He's also been completely ambivalent to improving his standing, which I read as largely because he's never looked like he was going to get iced before Laser.

LaserGuy - And why he's not pressured is because LaserGuy looks even worse. He's chasing things that don't matter (Bessie and Eido) and was very noncommittal early. He hasn't given me anything radical to change my tune and, as UP posted, all my homies scumread Laserguy. This is probably who I'm going to end up voting for.

Bessie - This is my last one. This slot, is so defensive. I dunno about the most recent accusations that this slot is too defensive, but all I'm seeing is a slot way more interested in preserving their own reputation rather than finding scum. Look at how they jump up and yip when I talk around them trying to get another slot to try and commit to something.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
wtf, here: let me pull that out of the box.

NULL

Red Ryu
- I don't have much to say about this slot. Mostly, his posts haven't left a large impression. I remember him defending Laser, but I don't actually know what he's trying to accomplish with it. Could be town trying to save a townie, could be scum trying to save a townie for town cred, could be scum trying to save a teammate from a lynch. I'm fairly confident he believes what he's saying about Laser or he wouldn't be there regardless of alignment. I really need some time to interact with Ruy, real time.

Vicarin - Since Vicarin has been out of the spotlight, they've faded into obscurity for me. I've seen a very sanitized approach to poking around and I can't recall enough about the actual conclusions. Vicarin Vicarin can you furnish me with an updated view of where you're going, what your backup choices are, and just your general opinion on the state of the game. I'd like to update this read.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Alright, I've finished typing up my reads and some thoughts. Will post tomorrow when it feels right.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
if you need time for yourself I recommend you might consider replacing out. I’ve been in that spot the past few weeks. It’s just mafia if you don’t feel that fire. Don’t force it if you do not feel the urge.
Yeah, I've been mulling that over since yesterday and came to the conclusion that it's best if I do that.
Chaco Chaco May I ask for a replacement?
Considering that Wam asked me and I told him that the first thing I did with my role PM was to confirm that "Mason" means I know my partner is town, he means that I probably have private communication that he doesn't necessarily believe is between two confirmed townies.

Meaning, he thinks I lied or at least could have lied.
Oh, that particular exchange about your partner being town slipped my mind, although it's not particularly relevant to my line of inquiry. I'd like to know what part of your claim Wam doesn't believe because he alluded to the claim being untrue several times without ever making that clear. Does he think you're scum or are you just lying about your penpal for some reason?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I would need way more from UP to turn this slot around.
You're not going to get way more unfortunately. Tbch I'm pretty sure a lot of the general "I townread UP's intro" was somewhat tmi because I'm not playing like have 17 tricks up my sleeve. I agree on your other scumreads though besides LG atm, which might switch soon.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Thoughts on slots: Keep in mind that I'm no big brain player, but these are my complete thoughts on the game as of writing this.

Ryker: Solidly town. Shows a consistent towny mentality and drive to push and solve the game. Mason claim checks out with earlier behavior. Not worth digging into more unless he's still alive and we haven't caught scum later, and atleast one of Fonti/Xivii is scum.

Fontisian: Solidly town. Clear difference from things I like when I take a step back and compare her play this game to it. Way more similar to play in Midnight. Solid tone and stances are consistent. Always has potential of actually being a wolf, but I'm already liking her play alot more this game thatn last game.

Eido: Solidly town, gives me dark pit vibes. Clearly new, but putting in the work and getting a bit of outside help. Tone reads pure and natural, doesn't have much of a clear agenda.

Somitomi: Probably town. Looks like classic somi D1, but their posts have glints of more depth to them than what I saw when I read through completely Vanilla. Do not yeet D1. Rest cut off due too replacement invalidating my criteria for what I wanted to see from Somi tomorrow.

Xivii: Probably town. I struggle reading Xivii, but doing that more so this game. On the one hand, his play is totally different from Sumting. Check the first page of Sumting activity, Xivii only has two posts that require me to have to bring them to a new tab to read full content. This game he has 15. He seems to be pushing and trying to solve. My plan for reading Xivii was to listen to Sabrar and Laserguy, both of which he has pushed. But looking through his reasons for doing so they make sense. Some of his posts have also seemed very vague where I would expect him to be more firm (for example parts of his read list like Eido and Bessie in his response to me asking for a deep dive on Fonti and Ryker), as well as certain pushes like his push on Bessie for not responding to Sabrars joke that just look inconsequential to me. I would say Yeet Xivii if he's alive Day 3 and hasn't caught scum. Xivii is most likely scum with Font/ or maybe Ryker, who are looking solidly town on their own.

Maven: Eh, town. Not much game content, but the few thoughts they have given feel legit to me. Threadreading that in this current position wolves would be more active in Maven's position, or atleast more aggressive.

Vicarin: Eh, town. Has a fairly townie tone, and has shown dedication and consistency to his reads that feels town to me.

Utopian Poyzin: Eh, town. Sabrars play in retrospect is clearly town, with the main sticking point that made me feel off on it originally, his hesitation to vote, clearly explained. UP has come in and acted very towny, clearing things up quickly but none seriously, and paranoia with peoples lists being similar. However after that his content has fallen off, and he appears to be more coasting. Would like to see more analysis and firm stances from him.

Bessie: Null. Need more from Bessie to draw a good read. Not saying Bessie hasn't posted good content and multiple posts of it (don't bite my head off Bessie) but that I found in Sumting that Bessie struggled justifying their pushes convincingly later on in the game. So I'd keep an eye on that.

Red Ryu: Null. Literally has not stood out to me at all this game besides their laser read. Reads other than that are somewhat cookie cutter and thread presence is lacking. Would pressure this slot more tomorrow.

Laserguy: Probably Scum. I think Xivii his the nail on the head for Laser in this post. He's mainly been wasting time, and not doing much of impact. However, I think it is in our best interest to let Laserguy live for today, and see how he plays tomorrow. Laserguy is not scum with Bessie, due to him pointing out Bessie's post timing in Sumting against Xivii.

Frozen Flame: Probably Scum. Last game FF had flame, and passion in their posts. They posted large swaths of content and interaction. This game they seem frozen, and are playing more similar to Midnight ops, where they occasionally drop in to make a giant post of reaction and content. I know this is probably somewhat due to RL concerns, but I can't help but get scummy vibes from this slot. (Also fits Crackpot scum team of Xivii, Fonti, Ryker, FF. Not factoring this into the read at all though.)

Wam: Solidly Scum. I know Wam is scum every game, but this play is straight up different from last game in a worse way. Where last game Wam was fine coasting through being called scum and occasionally threw effort into big posts, this game he seems to be trying to look more town, but if you look past the surface I get the same scummy vibes.

The only thing that really worries me about this game is that it feels too easy. We've already got a solid town core, and a solid PoE. This is why I feel like we may be getting played by some of the top towns. I usually wouldn't post my crackpot theories in these type of posts, but since I'm fairly likely to be killed tonight, I've put them in.

This post is basically a summary of my notes sheet, I don't think I'll be posting that though, as it gives not much further insight, but way more stuff for the scum team to take.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
To answer your question about why I chose Fonti, Xivii, and Ryker Up, it was because I wanted to see how they would analyze each other. I gave them the order of Xivii/Fonti then Ryker to make it look like I thought one of them was scum, and thought Ryker was lock town so I put him last so they couldn't copy the solid town guy.

Results were inconclusive, with my ultimately being unsatisfied, but that's not really their fault. Its a question that would have gotten me better results later in the game, but since my lifespan is short I sent it out then.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I've noticed Frozen's language seems more, humm, lawery this game. Wasn't sure if that's just my different perspective.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I think we just need to lynch Laser, Wam, bessie, and Frozen regardless of their interactions. If we went by interactions in TIL, Kary would have never been lynched if Fonti flipped and vice versa. Let's just get to it.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Agreed. I would like Wam or Frozen today. I want Laser in the game tomorrow, and think Bessie can be figured out later.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
My order of preference is Laser > Bessie > Wam > Frozen. I'll compromise on the first three though. We should always lynch the harder one first. Everyone wants wam and bessie. Wam's flip doesn't tell us much. And laser has a good PR. It also gives us more on Frozen and Ryu. Wam's flip doesn't provide us insight into his scumbuddies are, especially because his buddies will be bussing here. Laser at least have some mates that are trying to keep him alive.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Like I know you guys want to keep him around for that soft PR claim, but it's BS. Laser wouldn't say something like that if he really was trying to play low key for the sake of his PR. He's just manipulating you.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
But anyway, are you voting Mala? I'll follow suit wherever you go. Unless you guys think we should wait for the somi replacement.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
ah mine isn't for the PR. Its because I think he has a chance of actually being town and might be able to present himself tomorrow. As well as my crackpot fear scumteam I mentioned earlier. Laserguy would be one of the few capable people of busting that. But I might be putting too much emphasis on fear. I'll think over it.

I don't plan on voting till later actually, for a similar reason to that. Right now I'm open to voting any of the 4 you mentioned, I'm not even sure which one I'm going to come down on. I'd rather let people vote without the IC tainting it, as that gives us more potential for information. If the end vote is something I somehow end up horribly disagreeing with, then I'll let that be know. I'll probably vote tomorrow.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
as well as certain pushes like his push on Bessie for not responding to Sabrars joke that just look inconsequential to me.
btw this has to do with the way bessie plays. She generally responds to everything that mentions her or is directed at her and much of everything in between. The notes we posted in TIL weren't even a fraction. Her play here is not normal.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
As well as my crackpot fear scumteam I mentioned earlier.
I think this is another reason for why we should be going this direction because of everything surrounding him. Laser's flip informs us about the game state more than the other three.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I want Laser or Wam, and will fight for that.

I am somewhat willing to compromise on Bessie, and am not opposed to running up Frozen or Ryu to see what pops out.

fontisian

Smash Champion
This probably doesn't need saying, but if you're town and we're going to yeet you, please claim with plenty of time for us to assess your role.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Malakandra Malakandra Hey, you able to give more insights in to Frozenflame? The flame/passion vs frozen vibe, if you can explain that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Was gonna try to ISO FF and Ruy, but my power is out for good. Gonna hit the sack and see if my power is on tomorrow.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame ^ You're right behind Utopia here, who has pinged you a few times now (the Among Us reference being one of them). Why?
my scum read of wam is independent of my read of UP, I just happened to vote later than UP's slot

Quick post.

Bessie is scum. I have called bessie scum twice on what I am going to admit is a weak meta basis. She hasnt responded to either. Town bessie gets very aggressive when you call her scum and wouldnt ignore it. This is scum bessie.

Vote bessie
this is a really interesting move for scum!Wam to make given the gamestate big :thinkingemoji:

You know, I think we might just be dealing with TownRuy and scum Frozen here. I think Ruy just caught onto scum bessie early and took Laser's push as town indicative.

This looks bad from Frozen upon scum bessie:

And this:
Both bessie and Frozen tried to discredit Fonti's UP town read. They are both trying to keep him as a play.

And I don't know how you spend an entire post showing how someone is scum just to say he's going to improve over time.
I really see where you're coming from with these connections to the bessie slot, can you tell me what the order of operations was on these? I'm curious because I legitimately cant remember who attacked UP first between me and bessie, and whether I expressed my townlean on bessie that you've quoted before or after bessie attacked UP. order matters because I know I'm not scum but if scum!bessie is trying to pump my reads thats meaningful info for me. I know from your POV the attacks on UP seem coordinated and that read on bessie looks like open buddying but I can promise you none of this is coordinated, my read of UP is entirely independent of anyone elses read on the slot because the read is so entirely meta as I've explained

This still makes no sense.
what do you mean? what about having a low impact role and having reason to believe we have free potential night tempo from clears suggesting a massclaim could in this instance work out in towns favor doesnt make sense?

You think that 2 pairs of scum would mean Masons would be more balanced with Malakandra in game? Thought 2 scum teams of 2 would be typically easier to deal with as town than one team of 4 or even 3 given the chance of cross kills.
Xivii Xivii this is actually a really good call, did not consider multiball as the answer to what appears to be an overstacked town when you asked me how I would balance IC+masons. kind of elegant in a high power game akin to the old FFVII game from way back when

FYI I will be gone this weekend starting on Friday at 3 P.M. EST. So rather than having your IC be away for the final day, I propose we make the deadline Thursday at 6 P.M. EST artificially. Then just hammer who ever has plurality at that time. Thoughts?
on board with this

You're not going to get way more unfortunately. Tbch I'm pretty sure a lot of the general "I townread UP's intro" was somewhat tmi because I'm not playing like have 17 tricks up my sleeve. I agree on your other scumreads though besides LG atm, which might switch soon.
this is really confusing to me please unpack

Frozen Flame: Probably Scum. Last game FF had flame, and passion in their posts. They posted large swaths of content and interaction. This game they seem frozen, and are playing more similar to Midnight ops, where they occasionally drop in to make a giant post of reaction and content. I know this is probably somewhat due to RL concerns, but I can't help but get scummy vibes from this slot. (Also fits Crackpot scum team of Xivii, Fonti, Ryker, FF. Not factoring this into the read at all though.)
I think you're letting recency bias get to you here, you're comparing the fired up me from after the infinitely validating DH and kary yeets to D1 me. guarantee if you go back and re-read my D1 from Things I Like you'll realize the D1 frozen is almost never in flame mode. pretty sure I even had a diatribe about this in Things I Like because someone said something similar and I was explaining that I hate being held to some ethereal reputation in earlygame because I have none of the tools I rely on to solve games and so I'm generally undermotivated D1

I've noticed Frozen's language seems more, humm, lawery this game. Wasn't sure if that's just my different perspective.
fwiw, I have literally been on call and reviewing upwards of half a dozen lengthy and detailed warrants every day since last thursday, all I'm taking in is legalese so it's almost definitely bleeding into my diction here

very willing to believe my read on bessie is off, I don't really think I'm very good at reading her and that def contributed to my frustration with the xivii/bessie hydra in Things I Like. problem is, given wams jump to bessie that means im wrong on wam if it's scum!bessie because who tf busses like that

vicarin iso will be up before I go to bed, not trying to rush it

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Picking up some bits addressed at me:

Rather wide pool there, could you put them in order of preference?
I don't think it's too wide. People have mentioned 4-5 bad guys. Do you disagree with me on anyone in the list?

I'm also unsure of my order. I'm aware it's been requested a few times now. Once Chaco reveals players, I'm hoping to start refining reads and making an order more confidently. Wam is where I want to keep my vote right now. I'll be around at the time Mala said.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Bessie is scum. I have called bessie scum twice on what I am going to admit is a weak meta basis. She hasnt responded to either. Town bessie gets very aggressive when you call her scum and wouldnt ignore it. This is scum bessie.
So what are these two posts to which you refer, in which you call me scum with a reason attached that I can respond to, and not just a vague feeling?

Bessie is only so low due to meat. Bessie is normally an easy town read and isn't this game. Maven, role is suspicious. And way ut was done struck me as similar to scum claiming miller day 1.
There's nothing to refute, you put me low on your list with no reason, and you hadn't expressed any suspicions of me previously.

I still read the slot as scummy. Its day 1 the gap between bottom and 4th from bottom isn't massive. Bessie I talked about as that's the change in my mindset that stood out in the recent read lists.
Your "talking about" was post #636?

Red I agree on laser. Do you have a summary of your Bessie read?

Mines based on meta which from your comments I woildnt expect yours to be.
Why do you need Red Ryu’s read before you post your own, since as you say yours will be meta based so should be completely different from his?

I'm trying to get my head out of my font tunnel. I don't agree with the laser wagon.

I would be happy with Bessie.
Why? Because I'm not Laser or do you have a reason?

I wi but that's a thursday job. Ping me if i forget.
It's Thursday in your time zone so I'll be waiting for that read.

fontisian

Smash Champion
my scum read of wam is independent of my read of UP, I just happened to vote later than UP's slot

this is a really interesting move for scum!Wam to make given the gamestate big :thinkingemoji:

I really see where you're coming from with these connections to the bessie slot, can you tell me what the order of operations was on these? I'm curious because I legitimately cant remember who attacked UP first between me and bessie, and whether I expressed my townlean on bessie that you've quoted before or after bessie attacked UP. order matters because I know I'm not scum but if scum!bessie is trying to pump my reads thats meaningful info for me. I know from your POV the attacks on UP seem coordinated and that read on bessie looks like open buddying but I can promise you none of this is coordinated, my read of UP is entirely independent of anyone elses read on the slot because the read is so entirely meta as I've explained

what do you mean? what about having a low impact role and having reason to believe we have free potential night tempo from clears suggesting a massclaim could in this instance work out in towns favor doesnt make sense?

Xivii Xivii this is actually a really good call, did not consider multiball as the answer to what appears to be an overstacked town when you asked me how I would balance IC+masons. kind of elegant in a high power game akin to the old FFVII game from way back when

on board with this

this is really confusing to me please unpack

I think you're letting recency bias get to you here, you're comparing the fired up me from after the infinitely validating DH and kary yeets to D1 me. guarantee if you go back and re-read my D1 from Things I Like you'll realize the D1 frozen is almost never in flame mode. pretty sure I even had a diatribe about this in Things I Like because someone said something similar and I was explaining that I hate being held to some ethereal reputation in earlygame because I have none of the tools I rely on to solve games and so I'm generally undermotivated D1

fwiw, I have literally been on call and reviewing upwards of half a dozen lengthy and detailed warrants every day since last thursday, all I'm taking in is legalese so it's almost definitely bleeding into my diction here

very willing to believe my read on bessie is off, I don't really think I'm very good at reading her and that def contributed to my frustration with the xivii/bessie hydra in Things I Like. problem is, given wams jump to bessie that means im wrong on wam if it's scum!bessie because who tf busses like that

vicarin iso will be up before I go to bed, not trying to rush it
Consider, you are Wam, you're scum with Laser and Bessie. People are onto you and Laser, and independently scumreading Bessie, but they think Bessie/Laser aren't a team. What do you do?

Maven89

Smash Master
Seriously where did Laser soft claim a PR? I just looked through is last several posts and saw nothing

I’m not on board with lynching Bessie, I feel all the reasons against her are very weak. I just see her as null

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Why did you switch your vote from Xivii to Sabrar at this point?
Sabrar had a negative impression of Xivii early on. I didn't think he looked committed with his vote though.

He discredited me (and only me) in one of Xivii’s early player lists. My vote and his thoughts were lined up around this time, so why jump straight to shading me? This didn't give me a good 1st impression.

Any particular reason you didn't mention this sooner?

Did Osie suggest you format your reads in this manner? I would still like to see a top-to-bottom ordered list from you.
It was mentioned in the sign-up thread. Osie didn't suggest that format, I'm using it because it makes sense to me right now and keeps my head in check. Do you disagree with me on anyone in the list?

Please see my reply to Vicarin for my thoughts on an ordered list btw (post 911... 🚓)

Could you also tell me what you don't like about both Red Ryu and Maven?
Maven I spoke about earlier 2 pages back here:

For Red Ryu, he worked with the group on Vicarin early on. Then kinda disassociated himself and went rambo with Bessie (the "DIE DIE DIE" category). His content, same as Bessie, has felt on-the-side and not as stuck in with the group.

Let me know if you have any Red Ryu insights I should know of here.

Right, G'night!

bessie

Smash Journeyman
The goal is always to move out of RVS as soon as possible. Anyway, as I said, we had left RVS before the end of page 1. You made this post here on page 4 and hadn't voted. That's what caught my eye. From experience, I do think you genuinely believe that you are being normal bessie and that I am catching you for the wrong reasons, but there are subtle differences in how you behave as scum that you may not be consciously aware of. It's the same way Sabrar caught you with the joker picture. There's a certain carefulness that comes from scum!bessie and that's what I was trying to get at page 1 but was premature. I do believe that town!bessie would have reacted to the joker but that scum!bessie believes that she wouldn't have because she's coming from a place of being informed. She knows Sabrar is town, so she doesn't want to bring attention to the joker picture in case it's a crumb. Town!bessie wouldn't know Sabrar is town though and so wouldn't be weighted toward the view that it's a crumb and ask about it. Similarly, town!bessie would have gotten on Ryker right away from the 'clear' statement and ignoring her. But scum!bessie knows Ryker is town and so doesn't react to it as she would as a town bloodhound. To her, she's being normal because she's clouded by her scum perspective.
Ok, you need to reread Texas Hold’em scum chat. Sabrar’s confirmation post didn’t even register in my mind, and I didn’t know what his meta scum tell on me was until after he pointed it out. It was only after he said it was because I didn't comment on the joker picture that I thought about it being a breadcrumb for a face card. So you saying that I deliberately ignored Sabrar’s joker picture is a misrepresentation, I didn’t deliberately ignore it because I didn’t even note it.

Next, I don't know why you keep saying I was holding back on Ryker. I first questioned him on Page 1, #38.
So, Ryker, who besides Malakandra has been cleared as town?

My next post in the game is #140.
#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker are you going to respond to this?

My next post is #262.
If you really want to read me, you could, you know, either ask me some questions, or at least reply to mine, instead of making posts like #151. Oh wait, you did question me, you posted a picture of a clown in post #152 and asked if it was me. Why do you feel more secure asking LaserGuy?

Going back to post #151, why will you not respond to my question? Who was cleared in your mind when you made post #33, and why?

Vote: #HBC | Ryker

So three posts in a row and I voted in the third. There's a lot of pages between them, but no gaps in my posting. This game moves fast (for me) and I don't post throughout the day.

Town bessie reacts to everything. She would have reacted to Sabrar's opening. She would have reacted to Laser claiming she missed a handshake. She would have reacted to me pointing out the MAS spelling by her and Ryker. None of this is occurring. Ninja-edit: and we add on top of that, what wam posted above. It doesn't feel like you're trying to drive the game forward, similar to LaserGuy. It's more like you're just reacting. And I don't really think the pacing is an excuse. There have been times the game was speedy, but for the most part it's been at a fairly balanced pace.
I didn't need to comment on an obvious joke and Sabrar didn't expect me to comment, or he would have brought it up himself.
I didn't comment further on handshake and mason because I do not feel the need to be rolefishing.

What did you mean?
I meant ok.

Thank you, I see your flow of thought now. The response to Fonti is still scum indicative, however. You were trying to pick at her read.
Both bessie and Frozen tried to discredit Fonti's UP town read. They are both trying to keep him as a play.
I'm not going to blindly follow fonti. If I see something suspicious, I'm going to question it. I’m suspicious of UP independently of anything fonti has said. This is another misrepresentation by you.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ok, you need to reread Texas Hold’em scum chat. Sabrar’s confirmation post didn’t even register in my mind, and I didn’t know what his meta scum tell on me was until after he pointed it out. It was only after he said it was because I didn't comment on the joker picture that I thought about it being a breadcrumb for a face card. So you saying that I deliberately ignored Sabrar’s joker picture is a misrepresentation, I didn’t deliberately ignore it because I didn’t even note it.
The outcome is still the same. You did not notice it because you knew his alignment so it didn't stand out to you. Things stand out to us when we are ignorant of them. Once tainted by knowledge, it's hard to see how we would perceive things otherwise.
Next, I don't know why you keep saying I was holding back on Ryker. I first questioned him on Page 1, #38. My next post in the game is #140.
#140 was page 4 and when I was expecting you to vote.

I meant ok.
I'd like to know what you meant about the way I worded them.

I'm not going to blindly follow fonti. If I see something suspicious, I'm going to question it. I’m suspicious of UP independently of anything fonti has said. This is another misrepresentation by you.
Not blindly following fonti is different than actively chipping at her read. Especially because you're not voting UP right now. I think town!you would have just kept her post in consideration while pushing UP on your own. There's a difference between building a case and chipping at someone else's, and town!bessie adamantly plays using the former method.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Consider, you are Wam, you're scum with Laser and Bessie. People are onto you and Laser, and independently scumreading Bessie, but they think Bessie/Laser aren't a team. What do you do?
I should spell this out.

The answer is start a fight with Bessie.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Eido Eido - I'm asking because I want to know exactly what order you'd want to execute them in if you were given executive power over the lynch, instead of just gesturing vaguely at a pool of people and saying "yeah, any of these is fine". If you're unsure of an order, think carefully about it and then try putting them in orders until you find one you don't dislike.

R Ryker - Where I'm at:

Town

Vicarin
Malakandra
Ryker
FrozenFlame
Fontisian
Eido
Bessie
Somitomi
Maven89
Red Ryu
Xivii
Sabrar/UtopianPoyzin
Wam
LaserGuy

Scum

Where I'm going: seeing as I like the idea of the closer deadline and it's at about 9am my time, getting my vote in this afternoon seems sensible.

Vote: LaserGuy

Backup choices for today: see list above, I'm happy going for any of the bottom 4, prefer the bottom 2.

General opinion on game state: I'm not typically amazing at reading the game state D1, but given what has gone on so far, I think we've got a decent shot at finding scum today. Either we probably hit scum in LaserGuy or Wam (hopefully with some interesting vote changes along the way to analyze later), or we get a town flip which helps narrow down world views significantly. At the moment, the general town consensus seems along similar lines for most people, and everyone seems to think that their own reads haven't been influenced too much by other people, so we're probably all reading the situation decently accurately. The alternative requires scum subtly pushing their desired lynch onto other people without them realizing, and should be checked if flips indicate that the wagon/s are bad today. Not too concerned about worrying about that until we have information pointing towards it though (unlike Xivii apparently).

Top Bottom