• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

Wam

Smash Ace
Not to be an ass, in which I am quite proficient, but tell me if you think that wagon is realistic. Who are you looking to get on board there? That's what I mean when I said show me some campaigning.

Bessie has had a thing for me the whole phase. I've been hearing differing things about how Bessie content SHOULD look at this point. LaserGuy, whom you are okay with, implied there should be more quality content from that slot ( LaserGuy LaserGuy is that still your opinion?), but others have said that Bessie is looking par for the course. You get enough votes, I will vote for anything short of myself if it gets more competing wagons.
I wi but that's a thursday job. Ping me if i forget.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I was in Darkest Dungeon, as part of the Mason pair. That was a VERY weird game though (hilarious that you and somitomi both sent relatively useless first messages and we just scum read both of you for it).
Yeah and then I lied to Sabrar about the cop result on Xivii he sent me only for Xiv to die and flip scum right after. That was fun...
Game balance. To clarify ryker might have chat with somebody. I'm highly suspicious both are mod confirmed town.
Ok, so you're saying the mason chat might involve people who don't know each other's alignment? Can some DGames regular tell me if that's considered normal (or possible) around here? Assuming it is, what do you think of Ryker's alignment then? Is town-Ryker vouching for the alignment of the penpal for some reason? Or is scum-Ryker hoping town-penpal dies first, giving them conftown status?
We've got like 4 days left and I would prefer not to have a deadline scramble.
We're gonna have a scramble anyway, just embrace the chaos.
On a serious note, Wam yes, some of his posts (particularly their take on Ryker's claim) pinged me, Laserguy probably not.
I can see why you voted with Sabrar in mind, but why was the double voter the thing you questioned and not the mason.
I did question the mason claim, but came to the conclusion that it's likely true given Ryker's offer to claim in their very first post and their behavior.
Really hoping to also see some forward momentum from somitomi somitomi today as well.
Yeah, I've been generally somewhat demotivated lately and it's not helping me play mafia (or do any of the other things I want to or should).

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ok, so you're saying the mason chat might involve people who don't know each other's alignment? Can some DGames regular tell me if that's considered normal (or possible) around here? Assuming it is, what do you think of Ryker's alignment then? Is town-Ryker vouching for the alignment of the penpal for some reason? Or is scum-Ryker hoping town-penpal dies first, giving them conftown status?
Considering that Wam asked me and I told him that the first thing I did with my role PM was to confirm that "Mason" means I know my partner is town, he means that I probably have private communication that he doesn't necessarily believe is between two confirmed townies.

Meaning, he thinks I lied or at least could have lied.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
And, it's been awhile since I played here, but the general lingo is:

Masons - Two townies with private communication who are confirmed town to one another.
Neighbors - Two players with private communication who are not alignment confirmed either way.
Lovers - Two players with private communication who are generally either town or indy confirmed two one another and which die alongside their partner if one is ever killed.

Sometimes Masons, or very rarely neighbors, will be informed they are "life-linked" which functions like Lovers. My partner and I are not.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Votes:
Mala -> Mala (1)
Ryker -> Xivii (1)
Laser -> Bessie (1)
Xivii -> Vicarin (1)
Ryker -> Vicarin (2)
Wam -> Sabrar (1)
Eido - > Bessie (2)
Mala -> Vicarin (3)
Frozen -> Red Ryu (1)
Red Ryu -> Vicarin (4)
Eido -> Unvote
Wam -> fonti (1)
Eido -> Xivii (1)
Xivii -> Wam (1)
Eido -> Sabrar (1)
Mala -> Unvote Vicarin (2)
Bessie -> Ryker (1)
Xivii -> Sabrar (2)
fonti -> Sabrar (3)
fonti -> Wam (1)
Sabrar -> Xivii (1)
Laser -> Wam (2)
Wam -> Xivii (2)
Ryker -> Sabrar (3)
Xivii -> Unvote UP (2)
Frozen -> UP (3)
UP -> Unvote Xivii (1)
Ryker -> Wam (3)
Red Ryu -> Bessie (1)
Xivii -> UP (3)
UP -> Wam (4)
Xivii -> Laser (1)
UP -> Maven (1)
Somi -> UP (2)
fonti -> Laser (2)
Bessie -> Laser (3)
Maven -> Laser (4)
Laser -> Maven (2)
Wam -> Maven (3)
UP -> Wam (2)
Frozen -> Wam (3)
Wam -> fonti (1)
Laser -> Xivii (1)
Somi -> Unvote UP (0)
Maven -> Unvote Laser (3)
Maven -> Mala (1)
Maven -> Unvote Mala (0)
Eido -> Wam (4)

If I'm missing something, let me know.

LaserGuy LaserGuy kind of weird that you called Wam town for his vote not following people, when his vote followed you.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Just wait until you see my last post.

Look, Laser, if you're town, you need to sell me on Wam being town and you need to do it hard. Because right now I see two trapped scum desperately trying to wriggle their way out of a yeet.
Okay. As promised.

Should we yeet wam or let him stay?
That is the question of the day.

I think that what you do not see.
Is wam has read you accurately.

When you were scum and he was not.
He had you nearly all but caught

Something of yours he found scummy
And chose to push aggressively.

Your case upon him solely rests
Upon a misinterpretation of events.

He did not push you for the mass claim.
He pushed because your posts were lame.

Now every post you see him say
You interpret in a certain way.

Him likewise he cannot see
Why you both look town to me

fontisian

Smash Champion
Okay. As promised.

I appreciate the effort, but I really, really did not want this.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Laser, I want you to convince me. That won't convince me because it's nonsense. Wam is nothing like he was in the previous game. In Things, he pushed where he wanted to and took things at his own pace. Here he is hyper cognizant of the votes and pressure occurring around him and trying to make his reads fit in.

It also implies that you haven't read anything I've written against Wam, which has been about how hard he's been trying to project towniness this game and how his thought process isn't consistent. I obviously know he didn't vote me over the massclaim stuff, and that was never a part of my argument, what even are you saying?

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Look. I'm not got to convince you of anything. You have already convinced yourself I am scum and consequently you assume a bad faith interpretation of my content. If I defend Wam, I'm trying to save a buddy. If I vote him, I'm bussing. The scenario that I'm just Town muddling through does not enter your thought process. Likewise, what I observe about your approach to Wam is that after the highlighted post in my poem is that you adopt a similar bad faith interpretation of all of wam's posts. I don't know whether Wam is Town or scum. As I said, I have him at marginal Town lean. But I know a tunnel when I see one.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Xivii Xivii fontisian fontisian #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker I'd like for each of you to give me in depth reads on the other two within 2 days. I'd like Xivii/Fonti to give their reads first.
Ryker - I'm generally incredibly paranoid by Ryker. He can do some crazy stuff like straight-up claim mafia and still get to endgame by charisma alone. I don't currently fathom any motivation behind claiming masons though, especially with an IC. Ryker has also been driving the came forward and his tone is like Flavorless II.

Fontisian - I have been able to follow her thoughts and they are aligned with mine. I don't see any manipulation going on here. The only tinfoil I have is Fonti-UP, but it's not something I'd consider unless my bottom three are atrociously wrong.

FrozenFlame - Frozen has voiced a number of suspicious that I've had before me having expressed them, which makes me think he's seeing things from the same PoV. I'm worried about how open he was to mass claiming though and the fact that all of his posts are townie to me. From experience, I tend to scum read townFrozen and town read scumFrozen, so....hopefully his play and my ability to read him are just evolving.

Somitomi - I believe Laser's some read whether Laser is scum or town. Also somi seems loose overall.

Maven - In his catch up post, Maven brought up thoughts that I had but had not voiced yet. In particular regarding Red Ryu's read post. His play is also consistent with the town meta I have of him.

Vicarin- His tone seems townie. And I liked how he kept inquiring about my Ryu read. When I read scum!Vicarin, the tone of voice has a higher pitch.

UtopianPoyzin - I think he is playing from an innocent point of view, but I share Frozen's paranoia.

Bessie - I'm going back and forth on bessie. I'd like to wait until she responds to my meta question before going into this. I remember bessie trying to challenge someone's town read and that was suspicious. Actually, now that I think about it, really suspicious. Because it was on UP, someone she hadn't really been commenting on before. So as I'm writing this, I'm edging closer to the side of scum bessie.

Eido - Good townie-like play overall. However, I share UP's feelings in that I can't definitely place him. Whether this is really Eido's first game or he's an alt account, he's definitely no typical newbie. If we are dealing with a minimum of four scum, then by process of elimination, it is leading me to Eido and bessie. Eido's recent play has also been suspicious to me. He seemed flustered when I called on everyone to wagon Laser. He asked me to go into my Laser read and I recently provided the details, but he hasn't addressed it and instead has voted wam.

Red Ryu - posted here.

Wam - his play seems manipulative and self-aware to me. His read progression also doesn't make sense. Particularly as it pertains to me. As I noted here.

LaserGuy - posted here.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Look. I'm not got to convince you of anything. You have already convinced yourself I am scum and consequently you assume a bad faith interpretation of my content. If I defend Wam, I'm trying to save a buddy. If I vote him, I'm bussing. The scenario that I'm just Town muddling through does not enter your thought process. Likewise, what I observe about your approach to Wam is that after the highlighted post in my poem is that you adopt a similar bad faith interpretation of all of wam's posts. I don't know whether Wam is Town or scum. As I said, I have him at marginal Town lean. But I know a tunnel when I see one.
If you are town, you have the ability to convince me. It is something I'm considering or I wouldn't bother talking to you, I'd just telling Xivii and Ryker to yeet you now.

I do not believe I am interpreting Wam or you in bad faith, and I will need specific example of where you believe my interpretation is wrong (for either him or you, whatever you prefer to talk about).

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I really think all scum (or mafia at least) is within that bottom 5 with 1 or fewer being town. I've been assuming 4 mafia and 1 indy just because I know Chaco wanted to host a game large enough to have an indy. If there is an indy, then I'm most suspicious of UP. Sabrar deliberately misrepresented his ability and that's scummy to me.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Okay. As promised.

You have been replaced from keeper of my hounds, to my personal bard. Congratulations?

On the other hand I now have another new opening, and what person better to fill that spot then a hound. bessie bessie why are you the best person available to be in charge of my hounds. (What scum are you sniffing right now?)

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lmaooo, please enlighten me on this bit. In what regard does it relate?
Others have asked, but I'm interested as well. Could you flesh this out some more?
not the easiest thing to articulate but I'll do my best. from our (mine and UPs) session playing Among Us together, I noticed that every time you rolled imp, you were 1.) relatively quiet in the early voting phases 2.) were willing to offer info and commentary but never really pushed for anyone that someone else wasnt already pushing 3.) were quick to establish where you were and what you were doing on a surface level but once that basic "check in" info was provided you would not attempt to synthesize what you knew with the other slots to help PoE. Basically, you didn't want to come across as too quiet or unhelpful, but you would put in the bare minimum and try to let the towns natural attention flow away from you and do what you could to help the discourse flow in that direction away from you but only very subtly. Additionally this approach had the benefit of keeping your options open for mid to endgame because you didn't often make early commitments that you'd have to backtrack on. I'm getting similar vibes here. I don't feel like you're scum hunting. I feel like you're doing the bare minimum to allay the expressed concerns people have/had toward your slot and then are just kinda being like "hey guys I'm here doing my thing :) dont worry about hey lets talk about this other shiny cool thing instead" and it reminds me of your very "out of the way but look Im helping!" approach to your early game imposter play. Your mid to late game differed drastically because you were fully capable of and did in fact make some serious power plays once the paths to victory had narrowed and you knew you had to commit, but this "wait and see" approach I'm seeing here definitely feels like your early game imposter preference to be "checked in" but "out of the limelight" if that makes sense

What would you do to balance an IC and Masons?
life link the masons, give the mafia 1 time hitman shot separate from their standard NK, make one of the masons a lightning rod of sorts, millerize one of them without telling them if I put a comparison cop in, things along those lines

By traditional I mean not mass claiming Day 1. It's mafia 101. The only time I've ever seen you agree to a Day 1 mass claim was when you were scum.
I can't even remember the last time we did a D1 mass claim, unless you're talking about completely vanilla? In that game I agreed to a mass claim upfront because I didn't want to make it seem like I "didn't get it" re: the roles all being red herrings and I ultimately knew that at the end of the day the claims would essentially be meaningless so I didn't see any risk to myself for doing so, and in fact, I saw a self pres benefit because by agreeing early I would look like I had the town POV of knowing my role was useless as the other leading townies at the time had pieced together. If you're talking about a different game though please do link me because I'm really curious what game that was, I really can't think of why I'd be pro mass claim as scum on D1 outside of a scenario like completely vanilla where I knew the claim would have little to no mechanical impact on the game because there was in reality nothing to really claim given the predictably mountainous nature of the setup. I get that not mass claiming is mafia 101 in a vacuum but we're not in a vacuum here, we have IC and at the time ryker was suggesting more clear potential so not trying to knock Chaco by suggesting he may have had a balance oversight but given the info we had, I didn't feel like we'd be giving the game away to scum with a massclaim by flagging all our PRs. My prediction was that there would be either too many clears or too many other strong PRs competing for the scum's attention that town would still come out ahead on tempo due to a lack of the scum's ability to effectively deal with all the power that would ostensibly be revealed in the claim

Chaco Chaco what happens in the event of a tie?
04. Days will last for half of the existing player base +1, so 14 alive results in Day 1 being 8 Days. 6 Alive would be 4 Days for that phase. So on and so forth. I am trying this out to see how it works so it allows players more time in larger numbers alive. Nights will always be 48 hours. If a majority is not reached the player with the highest vote count will be eliminated, and in the event of a tie the player who received the most votes first will be eliminated.

re: my Laser ISO, I fell asleep in the middle of my re-read of all of his posts last night (literally haven't slept a full night since thursday, **** being on call -_-) and I'm trying to finish it now but my internet has been ****ed all day and my loading times for pages is taking ages so here's where I'm at so far

the prevailing characteristics of Laser's posts are that he has a little to say about everybody but draws very few conclusions from any of his musings. he responds to other slots asking him questions but ultimately he doesn't actually help people find the answers theyre looking for. he's providing ostensibly helpful information, such as his takes on the metas of sabrar, bessie, vicarin, fonti but he doesn't actually end up getting to the finish line of telling us where he ultimately ends up after processing that information. he's taking care to explore the various possible implications of the way slots are playing, and of how the claimed roles seem to square with one another, but again he doesn't actually end up deciding which possibilities he thinks are most likely which comes off hedgy

some examples here in bold, looking to a lot of his final comments after each take:

Catch up part 1, pages 5-6 + Xivii's reads

If the alignments are randomized, then the roles cannot follow specific alignments. I have zero flavor knowledge and have not made any attempt to glean some, but I can imagine a variety of roles that could easily fit a character who is "ninja" archetype that is not actually the ninja role. Tracker, watcher, vig, roleblocker, etc. Or ninja could be a passive on some normal Town role if that character is Town. I don't think this is ever going to be a fruitful avenue to pursue. Even if they do happen to be mafia, this could just be coincidence.

My recollection is that Vicarin did have a bad habit of rolefishing and I think this was also more or less NAI for him. I don't recall any instance where he was specifically interested in a mass claim though... more like he would just kind of poke people about anything that seemed vaguely role-related. Which actually, mulling it over more, it is maybe a bit weird that he ignored some of the things that look to me like they're people talking about their roles. I don't think bessie's point is entirely without merit, more that we're focusing on different aspects of his meta.

The point that I was making was that Vicarin tends to react with some hostility to unconventional play, i.e. the stuff that you would see BoomFrog or Xivii doing, and his discussion with Ryker more or less fits into that profile.

I have noticed this as well. Wam is one of those players who actually does often come across townier when they are mafia, so he is definitely someone I'm looking closely at right now.

What prompted you to naked vote here?

bessie pinged me initially because she missed my secret townie handshake.

The fluffy posting is a bad sign for her though. She is a very analytical player and thinks very deeply about the game. She usually does not post very much, but her posts are very high quality.

fonti is probably the strongest scum player on the site (she may just be the strongest player overall because her Town game is great as well). I will probably be suspicious of her right up to the point that she either yeets mafia or flips Town. That said, I have a marginal Town lean on her at the moment as I was getting kind of a shady vibe from her for most of our last game (where she was mafia) that I am not getting here at this point.

Xivii's linked meta read on Wam fits well with my impressions of him. He tends to be quite lynchbaity as Town and somewhat less so as mafia.

Can you give me a bit more on this? RR is in my scum pool.

I will ask this on behalf of the spirit of BoomFrog... Why do you believe you can read fonti on tone? (That said, I actually kind of agree in principle with this read).

Why would you expect bessie to be voting at this stage? Do you agree with FF's assessment that bessie's content seems fluffy?

I'm not sure if I agree on Sabrar but I haven't fleshed out my read on him particularly well. I agree about wam though.

Vote: wam
its like he walks right up to the ledge of drawing a final conclusion from the bolded observations, but never actually takes that next step and says "ultimately I think this trends town/scum because..." he's giving us all of his thoughts up until it actually comes time to give us the read he should be deriving from said thought process

also, he has a lot of focus on scumreading bessie but no concomitant effort to push the slot which I find strange. also iirc he overtly said IC + masons would be broken but didn't have a harsh reaction to ryker claiming mason?

I still need more time to really parse #704 which is preceding posts and see if his progression makes sense but I'm too exhausted to do it right now, and then square that with his subsequent reads list to see if the order there checks out as well

also, why do I feel like I never saw any "quick takes" posts from Laser in Things I Like like this one?
Quick thoughts on the last couple of pages since I don't have a lot of time...

Ryu's 442 and following look okay. Guess I can move him out of scum pool for now.
Noting Xivii's defending bessie and hard flipping his Ryu read.
I don't think UP so blatantly sticks out his neck for me for no reason if he's mafia.
I have no idea what to do with Maven.
Ryker/bessie interactions make no sense as masons and I'm baffled at Xivii for suggesting this. bessie would never agree to this kind of theatre.

As I said at the end of TIL (directed at Chaco in my final thoughts), my intention was to take a less confrontational approach this game as I came out too strong last game and it hurt my reads.

I feel her content so far is more consistent with her scum play. I can give you some more specifics tomorrow.
ultimately upon re-read the slot is less towny than I originally thought and am not opposed to a lynch here but given how Laser has been playing I think he will become easier to read as time goes on whereas I don't see that being the case for Wam at all

vicarin ISO is tomorrows project when hopefully my internet decides to start working reliably again

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Xivii Xivii I'm being mentored by Osie. I don't know how much that influences your thoughts about my behaviour. We talk about general Mafia things only.

I also dislike being unprepared and I don't want to be a typical newbie.

I've read those articles from Fonti in the sign-up thread and I totally get what's expected of me.

What's been hard is making strong reads and following reads from others who I don't know, so my safest approach is to make a framework, put players in there, and then narrow down the pool of where I can find content I think is faked.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ah that makes sense. Also I realized you probably just haven't gotten to my Laser stuff. Can you let me know when you do?

Frozen, there's a lot of support for wam, so I prefer lynching Laser. Also for what it's worth, he did do quick takes in the last game.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Yeah will do ^ Going back to this:

Ryker / Fontisian / Xivii / Sabrar

^ They have set the stage. In Sabrar's case, I've been voting him, but he did put forward a discussion on Xivii that others have used as a talking point.

Red Ryu / Wam / Bessie

^ Feels in their own lane. Their points don't feel part of the wider group chat to me. I think Mafia could fake it here.

Frozenflame / Somitomi / Vicarin / LaserGuy / Maven

^ These are players who haven't advanced the group chat with anything new, or they come across as reacting more to the events around them / catching up. I think Mafia could fake it here.

The red is the player pool I would support with a vote right now.

fontisian

Smash Champion

^ They have set the stage. In Sabrar's case, I've been voting him, but he did put forward a discussion on Xivii that others have used as a talking point.

Red Ryu / Wam / Bessie

^ Feels in their own lane. Their points don't feel part of the wider group chat to me. I think Mafia could fake it here.

^ These are players who haven't advanced the group chat with anything new, or they come across as reacting more to the events around them / catching up. I think Mafia could fake it here.

Have you talked about why you wouldn't support a vote on Somi?

fontisian

Smash Champion
its like he walks right up to the ledge of drawing a final conclusion from the bolded observations, but never actually takes that next step and says "ultimately I think this trends town/scum because..." he's giving us all of his thoughts up until it actually comes time to give us the read he should be deriving from said thought process
This.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
fontisian fontisian Hey, I haven't.

Somitomi gives me these lonely player vibes. Some of their posts are direct and have this 'meh' aspect, like they don't care much about appearance, doing their own thing. Right now, happy to see more content from them as I think about them.

Do you have any insights on Somitomi to help me on the above? These are my 1st impressions.

^ Anyone can chime in here.

fontisian

Smash Champion
fontisian fontisian Hey, I haven't.

Somitomi gives me these lonely player vibes. Some of their posts are direct and have this 'meh' aspect, like they don't care much about appearance, doing their own thing. Right now, happy to see more content from them as I think about them.

Do you have any insights on Somitomi to help me on the above? These are my 1st impressions.

^ Anyone can chime in here.
I will do that with you in just a bit, I'd just like to explore your independent thoughts first.

You said you were willing to yeet everyone except for me, Ryker, Xivii, Frozen and Somi (and presumably Mala, lol). For me, Ryker and Xivii, I think we occupy pretty similar spaces in the game, and you apparently agree with your placing in that list, so it makes sense that you'd have us grouped together as people you don't want to yeet. Frozen has been proposing more new stuff lately, so I can see why you wouldn't want to yeet him. But somi is very different from the other, so I'm trying to figure why you're ruling him out.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure I agree Somitomi is very different. I group Frozen / Somitomi in a similar space where they come in with commentary (Frozen a lot wordier, Somitomi less), and they go about their business from a perspective that looks not fake to me right now. They both shared insights on Utopia (Frozen's Among Us logic, Somitomi's logic on the balance of claims), and that's something I've been mindful of, given my list above. I'm happy to keep reading their content right now and see how that develops.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I'm not sure I agree Somitomi is very different. I group Frozen / Somitomi in a similar space where they come in with commentary (Frozen a lot wordier, Somitomi less), and they go about their business from a perspective that looks not fake to me right now. They both shared insights on Utopia (Frozen's Among Us logic, Somitomi's logic on the balance of claims), and that's something I've been mindful of, given my list above. I'm happy to keep reading their content right now and see how that develops.
What makes Somi and Frozen different from Vicarin, Laser and Maven then?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Will update VC tomorrow morning and check again for prods. Around 9am EST most likely. Stuff still going on in personal life. (Should be good moving forward from tomorrow on.)

Eido

Smash Journeyman
For Somitomi it's the above post (826) ^ Those are qualities Vicarin/LaserGuy lack, but Maven has.

Frozen is similar in that I get that lonely player vibe. Instead of a 'meh' aspect, his posts get in people's faces with (what looks like) a lot of experience, and he challenges them.

Vicarin and LaserGuy read more like politicians, their posts look well-constructed. They look consistently well-constructed too over the course of the game.

Maven, really unsure on this one. In hindsight I would probably group him in the middle now. Seems to be in his own lane. Not liking how strong his posts read, but seems to be orbiting around the votes with LaserGuy/Wam. Would appreciate help on this one.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
One more before I go.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame Are you able to get back to me on the below post?

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman

Red Ryu / Wam / Bessie

Rather wide pool there, could you put them in order of preference?

bessie

Smash Journeyman
I explained this already. She was ready to vote Kary from the first page in our last game. And there was no RVS here.
Yes but I wouldn’t have voted until at least a couple pages in anyway. I don’t do RVS but I don’t like to deny others the opportunity, so I like to wait until everyone posts. I think I voted on Page 1 in a game once.

bessie bessie would you say you are playing differently here than Flavoreless III? And if so, in what way?
Yes. Flavorless was my first game on this forum, I didn’t know anyone except Maven and I had no meta on anyone (except Maven) and I do rely a lot on meta in the way I read a game (forum meta and player meta, I had casually followed some games but I don’t read a game the same way if I’m not currently playing it). It was also a smaller game and more suited toward the way I like to play, which is reading and analyzing every post, and also looking at groupings of content as a whole. I also probably had some anxiety for reasons.

So why only the prompt at FF when I poked you on this a bit. Like he did not answer, do what did you think you got off of it?
The way Frozen's (non)response was grouped with the response below it I thought it was deliberate attempt to deflect from answering a question on Maven’s content, by going into how from Frozen’s point of view Ryker’s content also didn’t qualify as fluff. The timing probably had something to do with why I didn’t come back to it right away I was very disappointed on Saturday.

As for your reasoning here, lets see. So Ryker vote was him being not helpful with answering your questions. I still question this reasoning because it seems you didn't catch what he said for why he did not want our Inno Child to contribute, people can sheep and player follow the leader without needing to justify their own stances.
I still don’t get it. But from where I come from, just getting content from everyone could be a struggle and anyone discouraging posting was suspicious. And my vote for Ryker had nothing to do with his comment on Malakandra why are you trying to connect the two?

I feel though in hindsight I can see where someone can be frustrated with Ryker not answering them and being aggressive on them, but I see it as him baiting a reaction or just being himself. I still look back at those posts and ask, are you thinking surface level, do you not understand why he is doing what he is doing or are you asking questions with content and leads nowhere? This is why I wanna go at you. I do not think you have considered why he has been doing what he has.

I won't lie here, I do think reading back I see the mindset a bit better what you are saying here with trying to pressure him to answer. I still question if you did not understand this or were trying to with Ryker. Consider the below.

Part of this relates to why I have Ryker as town is what he is doing with his actions in relation to his play. He claimed mason and offered the idea of a mass claim to get the game roiling. I approve of that and how he has used it to get content out of people. People have questioned him lying. Currently I am assuming he is not unless I have a reason to call him out on this. Let's entertain the idea he is lying, why would he lie? I see town motives to lying. Could he be scum coasting using the mason claim? Perhaps but I think the risk far outweighs the benefit doing it as early as he did. If he claimed and sat on his butt all day I would call that into question but he has used his position to grill players and get the game rolling.

That's why I look at him as town. He has been confrontational, but he does it with purpose to see how players react, he wants to see that and draw conclusions from it like his clown post at you. That and his interaction with sabrar looks like someone who wants to ruffle some feathers but has intent I see more so as townie.

It is far far more likely for him to be town with his actions.

Do you disagree with this assessment? I got it pretty clearly from his earlier posts when he told our inno child to not talk much and why he was doing what he was.

As for voting, yes I want to know you stances on those slots, Also add Wam and Laserguy into the mix.
And how am I supposed to magically know everything you know and see everything you see about Ryker? You want me to go back and read some nine year old games like Vicarin did? I need to spend all my game time just keeping up with this one. But if you feel there is something important that would help with my understanding of this game recommend me an old game and I will skim it. I agree that Ryker is not the best lynch candidate for today. And I didn’t intend to further discuss the claim until at least tomorrow.

bessie bessie ^ You are second behind Xivii on Laserguy. What made you choose him over Ryker at this point in the votes?
You can try reading #606 . And Xivii’s vote is irrelevant to my decision.

Bessie has had a thing for me the whole phase.
Reference #436 . Are you completely misunderstanding why I was suspicious of you at the time of my vote, or are you saying it was not a valid suspicion?

Bessie - I'm going back and forth on bessie. I'd like to wait until she responds to my meta question before going into this. I remember bessie trying to challenge someone's town read and that was suspicious. Actually, now that I think about it, really suspicious. Because it was on UP, someone she hadn't really been commenting on before. So as I'm writing this, I'm edging closer to the side of scum bessie.
Can you link to the post to which you are referring?
And why did you respond to Red Ryu and FrozenFlame the way you did in Post #743 ?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Reference #436 . Are you completely misunderstanding why I was suspicious of you at the time of my vote, or are you saying it was not a valid suspicion?
Rude. I don't think I was speaking with you.

Did Fonti give the reads Mala asked for or did I miss it?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yes but I wouldn’t have voted until at least a couple pages in anyway. I don’t do RVS but I don’t like to deny others the opportunity, so I like to wait until everyone posts. I think I voted on Page 1 in a game once.
The thing is, I knew you were going to vote Ryker as soon as it was the second page and he had ignored your question. So I was surprised that you didn't vote when you came back. Also, you keep framing this as if there was RVS, but it was over halfway into the first page which has been fairly common, and you already had something you were suspicious of so it wouldn't have been random.

Can you link to the post to which you are referring?
And why did you respond to Red Ryu and FrozenFlame the way you did in Post #743 ?
This is the one I'm referring to:
Like really? He’s not pushing very hard, he’s pushing very carefully. But perhaps he will push harder now, now that he sees it meets with your approval.
What was your intention?

I'm not sure what you mean with regard to my responses.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm getting real bored while waiting for new stimuli. Probably going to try and ISO another player tonight or tomorrow, but damn am I tired of the waiting period before deadline gets close enough for people to be realistic with their votes.

Top Bottom