• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I don't really know. Maybe any specific things that have pinged you. Or any behaviours/posts you're seeing through? Or a game to reference (even though I have to be honest, I've not read through Things I Like yet).

So far I've been ok with his posts, but want to know more.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Why is it inconceivable that he is town and is confident you're town?
Don't you think town!Laser would be a little more concerned that I'm pushing to kill both him and his townread Wam?

It's not inconceivable, it's just unlikely, and combined with his lack of interest in solving his approach to me is damning.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
what do you want to know?
Eh, Its probably time to drop it anyway. My "Scumlean" on frozen was mainly flowery wording and meta because I don't actually have a scum lean on them. My actual read is Eh town at this point, they have definitely shown moments of passion in their posts and none of their analysis has rubbed me the wrong way. I do think this in their scum range though.

Reason for my fake read was too see if scum would jump on it. The closest I got was these posts by Xivii and Fonti, but after repeated mentioning of being down to wagon FF I haven't got so much as a vote. I saw your earlier question Eido, I just ignored it because I knew I couldn't bring up fake quotes to support it.

I've noticed Frozen's language seems more, humm, lawery this game. Wasn't sure if that's just my different perspective.

I think we just need to lynch Laser, Wam, bessie, and Frozen regardless of their interactions. If we went by interactions in TIL, Kary would have never been lynched if Fonti flipped and vice versa. Let's just get to it.
As mentioned above these are the stongest reactions towards Frozen I got. Xivii's stood out to me a bit because before he had been thinking FF was town, then a bit before my post he started scumreading to them due to defense of Bessie, so I found it odd he said this about Frozen here, but later when he gave his order he was last.

Draw your own conclusions from all this town, I need a flip to go from here, and I doubt I'll be alive tomorrow to have the info to work off it.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
My analysis so far on the above situation is:

I did find it odd that neither Laser nor Wam jumped on FF. Both didn't even really comment on it. I would expect if they were scum and FF was town they would see it as a good diversion yeet, but they both have kinda just sat there.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
ooop ignore that top line, I had made a different post then got rid of it but apparently the top line stayed.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Oh also, sorry FF if you are town lol. I just chose you because I felt like I could make the best fake case on you and because of peoples prior opinions on you.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
LaserGuy LaserGuy is Fonti town? Why?
I think so. Her play is very similar to Midnight and I feel in this game she is being a lot more forceful in asserting her townreads in particular. Last game she came across as very... mmm... slippery, with her reads.

Wam Wam Wam Wam LaserGuy LaserGuy LaserGuy LaserGuy I want claims. I don't care what excuse you have.
Bloodhound, Town Tracker. There are some crumbs on posts 34, 36, and 37, but hopefully you already knew that or this is the weirdest coincidence ever.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I think so. Her play is very similar to Midnight and I feel in this game she is being a lot more forceful in asserting her townreads in particular. Last game she came across as very... mmm... slippery, with her reads.

Bloodhound, Town Tracker. There are some crumbs on posts 34, 36, and 37, but hopefully you already knew that or this is the weirdest coincidence ever.
Yah, I figured that was what you were lol

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
So that was fun.

Okay, so yes, I was intentionally playing in a low key style to help protect my PR (I was also playing more laid back to try to avoid tunneling... whether either part of the operation was successful or not is left as an exercise to the reader). I was also not super worried about accumulating much in the way of scum points since I knew that I would be able to confirm myself in an incontrovertible way during the day phase courtesy of Malakandra.

Couple quick reads that I want to draw from this:

Malakandra - waves

fonti - Her push on me seems really genuine. She is trying to engage with me and is exploring various independent avenues to support her reads (like this thing, which seems so bizarre to me but I have a hard time believing scum!fonti ever pushes this). More broadly, she is actively trying to narrow the pool of suspects and clear townies in a style that is very reminiscent of her play in Midnight Ops. Her process and approach in her scum games were completely different. Comfortable Town.

Maven - Similar to fonti in the sense that I think his push on me feels very genuine. I had some concerns with Maven about whether or not he would actually have the meta on me to be able to have a sense of the strength of my Town game, but his point appears to check out. I'm noting posts 981 and 982 where he votes wam and then instantly changes his mind to voting me is something that I consider to be a pretty strong Towntell. Scum typically already know who they're going to vote for and work backwards to develop the case for it, so this sort of spontaneous change of mind is much more likely to be townie. Comfortable Town.

somitomi/BoomFrog - feels like Town based on early D1. Struggling to keep up and replacing out is something that's happened to him before and should be taken as NAI at worst, maybe slightly Town-leaning at best. somitomi didn't seem to be aware of what I was doing one way or the other. At BoomFrog's entrance, I believe I said "Oh, that's Town BoomFrog" within his first few posts and I can't pin down exactly why, but I independently Townread both players so I'm reasonably happy with this read. Comfortable Town.

Red Ryu - I don't really get the case against him at all other than that he likes me. Most of his content seems pretty pure and independently-minded. Contrast to Vicarin or FrozenFlame who seem to be just regurgitating the reads of others, RR's process comes across as much more townie. Town lean.

Sabrar/UP - Sabrar was doing usual Sabrar sort of things and struck me as fairly townie. UP's posting feels a lot more polished than I remember seeing out of him. In Oasis mafia he was very lynchbaity for the entire game and although I didn't follow Vanilla super closely, my recollection is similar. There are a couple of posts look possibly towntelling, but I'm not sure it isn't in UP's scum wheelhouse to try to fake that sort of thing. Maybe someone with more meta on scum!UP can comment more on his usual style. Based on Sabrar primarily, I'm going with Town lean.

Wam - Poor Wam. I feel bad for him spending basically every game on the chopping block regardless of his alignment. So Wam is interesting here because he's one of the only players (RR being the other) who have really asserted an affirmative case for me being Town. I don't feel like this is likely to be informed. I think as mafia he probably would have contrived a reason to vote for me given the opportunity since there really wasn't anyone else. It just doesn't seem like a high-value play for scum!Wam to defend the counterwagon to him. I think most likely Wam is going to get yeeted today, but I will be surprised if he flips mafia. NullTown.

Ryker - Part of the problem with Ryker is that I'm really struggling to understand how this setup is balanced having masons + IC + tracker + whatever. I feel like there probably has to be at least one scum in Ryker/Sabrar/Maven, though I have townreads to varying degrees on all three slots. Ryker is also an interesting case because they are the slot that I feel bandwagoned me the hardest without any real justification... For the first half of the day, Ryker had a very strong townread on me and moved from that to me being his preferred yeet. I don't think I'm interested in yeeting him yet, but I'm very wary of him at this point in time. NullTown.

bessie - I find it a little strange that she hasn't really commented on me since I backed off from her following her post 606. I don't really have a sense if her vote is a legitimate scumread on me or is just that she doesn't want to deal with me anymore (or both). Her attention has been mostly focused on UP/Sabrar since then. Her content in the latter half of the Day has been pretty decent and I think she has come out the better of her scraps with Xivii. Nullscum.

FrozenFlame - I kind of agree with Malakandra here that Frozen so far has not been very memorable or engaged this game. His views are all very consensus-y but he also isn't actively trying to generate any original pushes or takes. There have been a few pings where tonally I have gotten Town vibes from him, but I also was reading him as Town for most of Vanilla (wasn't playing but I followed pretty closely) and he turned out to be scum so I don't think that's very reliable. Scum lean.

Vicarin - Kind of the same place as FrozenFlame actually. Hasn't really done much of anything of note other than get into an argument with Ryker about mass claims that went nowhere, and most of his reads basically feel like they're in the safe consensus area and he seems comfortable staying there. My recollection of Vicarin is that he typically loves to get into arguments with people basically all game so his cautiousness here is pinging me. Scum lean.

Eido - I don't really feel Eido behaves like how I would expect a new player, especially a newbie Town player, to behave. One thing that bothers me is he does not seem to be trying to emulate the "normal" behaviours one would expect, but rather I almost get the feeling that he's doing certain things differently on purpose, to emphasize his newbieness. Things like his reads list being in a weird format, him using terms like "good guys/bad guys" instead of Town/scum or wolf/villager. He is being mentored and reading earlier games and has been playing and reading articles about the game. Typically, I would expect people to naturally adopt the correct terminology as soon it came up. He is also weirdly evasive in answering questions and seems to avoid giving opinions even when directly asked. It's possible that I'm just misreading some general newbie weirdness, but usually newbie weirdness ends up being clearing if it's from Town, whereas this really doesn't come across that way (contrast 3DSNinja's games or Trisscar and Malakandra in SS mafia). I think there's a decent chance he's newbie scum. Scum lean.

Just noting for reference that Eido has a bunch of kind of weird interactions with Xivii. If one of them flips scum it would not surprise me too much to find the other does as well.

Xivii - I've been very suspicious of Xivii for some time and that's probably how it's going to be until I see something really clearing from him. Part of the problem is that Xivii's push on me doesn't feel strong enough to believably come from Town Xivii thinking that he has caught me as scum. Contrast how he behaved in Midnight when he thought I was scum, here and here, both quite early in Midnight. He came on very strong, with a well-thought out case, invoking lots of in-depth knowledge of my meta and mannerisms (he posts several more cases of me this game that follow in a similar vein). Here his case really seems to just be "he's not doing enough". He's holding back. A lot. My sense here is that likely this is scum!Xivii who detected my crumb and wanted to see if he push me, but didn't want to overcommit his resources. Town!Xivii, I imagine, if he'd seen me crumbing tracker is more likely to have just left me alone for D1. I don't think there's a realistic chance of yeeting him at this point in time, but I think there's a good chance he is mafia.

LaserGuy
Malakandra
fonti
Maven
somitomi/BoomFrog
Red Ryu
Sabrar/UP
Wam
Ryker
bessie
FrozenFlame
Vicarin
Eido
Xivii

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so yes, I was intentionally playing in a low key style to help protect my PR (I was also playing more laid back to try to avoid tunneling... whether either part of the operation was successful or not is left as an exercise to the reader). I was also not super worried about accumulating much in the way of scum points since I knew that I would be able to confirm myself in an incontrovertible way during the day phase courtesy of Malakandra.
I mean, you're clearly not confirmed town by the way Malakandra has been scum reading you. What exactly did you know from your Role PM about Malakandra, and what did you think Malakandra knew about you?

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
I mean, you're clearly not confirmed town by the way Malakandra has been scum reading you. What exactly did you know from your Role PM about Malakandra, and what did you think Malakandra knew about you?
I am assuming he is a rolecop. It's possible that he has a full clear on me, but that would be pretty unusual.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Laserguy: Probably Scum. I think Xivii his the nail on the head for Laser in this post. He's mainly been wasting time, and not doing much of impact. However, I think it is in our best interest to let Laserguy live for today, and see how he plays tomorrow. Laserguy is not scum with Bessie, due to him pointing out Bessie's post timing in Sumting against Xivii.
My "Scumlean" on frozen was mainly flowery wording and meta because I don't actually have a scum lean on them. My actual read is Eh town at this point, they have definitely shown moments of passion in their posts and none of their analysis has rubbed me the wrong way.
I should also note that all my other reads are genuine.
I'd put a pretty sizable bet on Malakandra not full clearing LaserGuy N0.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It's possible that he has a full clear on me, but that would be pretty unusual.
Like this is just classic LAMIST lol.

Yes sure it's possible Mala has a clear on you when he's an IC and there are masons and he's had you in his bottom reads throughout the day.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Also, Malakandra Malakandra , would you be willing to volunteer any information on exactly how you knew that about LaserGuy? Or would that not be a wise idea?

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Innocent child getting to apparently rolecop someone is just bizarre to me.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Not a role cop. Informed. He started the game with the knowledge that Laser was Bloodhound. Probably has other goodies too.

Wam

Smash Ace
I really didnt want to do this.

Wattson town jailer.

The crumb is how badly I reacted to mavens joke which was damn close to my role.

Wam

Smash Ace
I still dont see laser as scummy. What all the claims do do is make me highly doubt rykers mason claim.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
If there was a n0 it's the truth. If there wasn't it's sarcasm.

CharacterFlavorRolePlayerNote
BangaloreSoldierMasonRyker115 traitor hunting / partner seeking, also on Sabrar leaving.
BloodhoundTrackerTrackerLaser
CausticToxic TrapperAsceticMavenWatch out for poison
CryptoSurveillance(Voyeur, Traffic Analyst)
GibraltarShield(Bulletproof, Seraph Knight)
LifelineMedic(Doc)
LobaTheif(Theif)
MirageTricksterShadow VoterUtopianWe need petitions in triplicate from each of you to allow you a stay of execution.
OctaneAdrenaline Junkie-(Frozen)negative utility
PathfinderScoutInnocent ChildMalakandraInformed Laser is BH
Informed Wam Jailor
RampartQuick Witted Modder(Gunsmith, JOAT)
RevenantSynthetic Nightmare(N0 Cop)
WattsonDefenderJailerWam
WraithInterdimensional Skirmisher(Hider, Redirector)

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Id rather not say more about anything. I dont have alignment clears on anyone. I'm not worried about dying and not revealing info since my full rolecard will be on the flip. Unless I get janitored, but I take that trade anyday. Wasting a janitor on an IC is worth.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I so find Lasers reaction town to my first prod at it slightly town indicative. I dont recall seeing Wam react, but that one was a bit more vague, and he did react elsewhere. I wish I did have a full clear on Laser, because then I think Xivii would be pretty scummy. Lasers scummy play today does fit with him thinking I'd be able to bail him out somewhat. I still like Booms idea, but I can't help feeling like Wam and Lasse might both be wrong. Do what you want with drumming up the wagons, ill be on for another 4 hours

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Note that while I did find lasers play scummy, I also didn't want to yeet him day 1 for this reason.

Maven89

Smash Master
Because, at best, you picked up his hint at your flavor, but how would that lead you to think he knew you were a tracker?

Top Bottom